Dealers in LA??? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old Oct 10th, 2009, 9:40 am Thread Starter

Dealers in LA???

Got a friend going to LA needs a fork seal for his k1100 RS. Does anyone have a read on the BMW dealerships in and around LA? Which has the best service guys and best overall dealing with customers??

Greg
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2000 k1200LT Basalt Grey (Roxie)
BMWMOA Number: 134717
I have a great doctor, if you can't afford the surgery, he'll touch up the xrays -- Henny Youngman

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old Oct 11th, 2009, 1:27 am

Re: Dealers in LA???

Try these guys.

BMW Motorcycles of Ventura County
830 Tourmaline Drive Newbury Park CA 91320
Phone: 805.499.3770 Fax: 805.499.3771
Toll Free Phone: 866.807.3770

http://www.bmwventura.com/map_hours.asp

K1200LT 02
K1100LT 93
post #3 of 14 Old Oct 11th, 2009, 3:52 am
IBR# 366

Garage

I second BMW Ventura. It's a bit north (actually west) of L.A. proper, but they do excellent work. It's a shop run by and staffed by real riders who know what it takes to keep these machines on the road and performing properly.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...

post #4 of 14 Old Oct 11th, 2009, 7:34 am

I'm going to guess that y'all mean the LA in Calif. not the state of Louisiana. 'Cause if you mean Louisiana then I can only speak for Hebert's over in Baton Rouge and they treated me right. Supposedly there is another dealer in Shreveport but I've never been there.
post #5 of 14 Old Oct 12th, 2009, 5:13 am

+ 1 more on BMW of Ventura County.

Gilles & Kathy
BMWMOA# 154719
IBA# 71594
2011 Ostra Gray RT
06 Mercedes-Benz E350 Estate (parts and people hauler)
2012 BMW X3 (parts and people hauler)
86 Porsche 911 Cabriolet (my "new" baby)

For her I climbed the highest mountain!
For her I swam across the deepest ocean!
For her I walked through the largest desert!
And then she left me... She said I was never home!!!

post #6 of 14 Old Oct 12th, 2009, 3:52 pm

I've had good luck with Long Beach BMW.
post #7 of 14 Old Oct 13th, 2009, 10:34 am

I would also advise staying away from Honda/BMW/Kawasaki/Yamaha/etc... of Hollywood.
Extremely negative and repeated experiences with them.

Gilles & Kathy
BMWMOA# 154719
IBA# 71594
2011 Ostra Gray RT
06 Mercedes-Benz E350 Estate (parts and people hauler)
2012 BMW X3 (parts and people hauler)
86 Porsche 911 Cabriolet (my "new" baby)

For her I climbed the highest mountain!
For her I swam across the deepest ocean!
For her I walked through the largest desert!
And then she left me... She said I was never home!!!

post #8 of 14 Old Oct 13th, 2009, 5:02 pm

I saw one LT coming back to IRV SEAVER MOTORCYCLES for service which was not fixed rigth the first time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpolakow
Got a friend going to LA needs a fork seal for his k1100 RS. Does anyone have a read on the BMW dealerships in and around LA? Which has the best service guys and best overall dealing with customers??

Matt Kas

13 Triumph Trophy SE Lunar Silver
12 Suzuki Burgman 650 Executive Pearl White

Laguna Niguel, Southern California (South Orange County)
"Riding Year around"

post #9 of 14 Old Oct 13th, 2009, 7:57 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKas
I saw one LT coming back to IRV SEAVER MOTORCYCLES for service which was not fixed rigth the first time.
I've used IRV's many times without serious issues. The work is usually very good but like other large dealerships with several mechanics you may occasionally get a new guy who needs more experience. The things I have seen are minor like the time they forgot to reinstall the crash guard on my GSPD. They actually noticed it first and called me to arrange a return visit. They have always made good on any problems including a broken mirror mount on my LT and a damaged cam sprocket that I didn't even know about until the next valve adjustment . I would feel comfortable recommending them for a fork seal. Especially if you're in a hurry, they have one of the best parts departments I've ever dealt with. Chances are very good they will actually have the needed parts in stock for same day service.

Last edited by mjordans2000; Oct 13th, 2009 at 8:09 pm.
post #10 of 14 Old Nov 5th, 2009, 12:58 pm

I use Brown out in Pomona. No serious negative issues with them on service.

I have not used any other dealers (other than needing new tires up in Ancrhorage this summer), so I have a somewhat limited experience.

Maybe I should try out various dealers in the area, but far and few between.

"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security." - Declaration of Independence
<center>
post #11 of 14 Old Nov 5th, 2009, 7:14 pm

+1 on Long Beach, Irv Seaver, and Brown. I have had service done at each of them. They do things right and work hard to please the customer. It would be hard to recommend one over the other. I know the people at all three dealerships, and they are good people.

For major issues, I go to Long Beach, but only because that is where I bought my motorcycle. Long Beach will provide a loaner motorcycle for original purchasers. I don't know about their policy for others. Brown will offer a loaner if scheduled in advance. Irv Seaver will only offer a loaner if you bought from them, and they are firm about that policy.

Irv Seaver supported the Iron Butt Rally by servicing motorcycles (all makes, not just BMW) on a Sunday afternoon and evening when the IBR checkpoint was in nearby Santa Ana last August. They didn't close until the last IBR bike was serviced. That deserves some kind of extra bonus points.
post #12 of 14 Old Nov 12th, 2009, 9:02 pm

Red face Re: Dealers in LA???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diolach
I'm going to guess that y'all mean the LA in Calif. not the state of Louisiana. 'Cause if you mean Louisiana then I can only speak for Hebert's over in Baton Rouge and they treated me right. Supposedly there is another dealer in Shreveport but I've never been there.
This would be a perfect moment to be a chump and ridicule a guy talking about dealers in Louisiana on the Southwest forum. But I won't do that, because I am trying to better myself.................................Still thinking of saying something rude.............but I will spare you all.

Did not know there were dealers in Louisiana, glad to hear there are.

Piernologo
post #13 of 14 Old Nov 12th, 2009, 9:19 pm

Does it have to be a dealer? I have used an independent service shop in
Chino, Ca, Fast Lane Motorcycle Service. Owner is David Graham and works on the bikes himself. Very clean, knowledgeable and reasonably priced compared to the dealers.

He has worked on my LT and K12RS.

Piernologo
post #14 of 14 Old Nov 13th, 2009, 8:35 am

thanks Piernologo for not being a chump. We do ride Beemers down here and since it's a world class touring bike that some of us take on long trips I suppose I was being pretty stupid to think that someone might be traveling this way on a trip with their Beemer, regardless of which forum it happens to be on. Especially since the abbreviation LA couldn't mean anything other than that place In California. Gosh what was I thinking. I figured that this was all about California but I also figured that since LA was used instead of L.A. someone would appreciate the joke. Glad I could help you work on bettering yourself. Keep it up and maybe someday you won't have to work at it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in