Here are a few photos of Ken from the checkpoint.
1. Ken checking in with Ray Blair.
2. A view of Ken's K1200GT, showing one of his two drink containers, the fuel cell (mostly hidden), backpad, etc. Ray is checking the odometer and GPS maximum speed values.
3. A closeup of Ken's cockpit. GPSs, of course, along with many other gadgets and modifications.
4. A closeup of the bug splats on Ken's bike. The bug splats covered every forward-facing surface of the bike, and the accumulation probably put the K1200GT past its GVWR.
5. Changing a tire. Ken had wheels with new tires ready to go, but for some reason, one of the front wheel rotors didn't align with the brake caliper. Fortunately, another rider's husband had brought a Nomar tire changer. He was very nice, helping Ken exchange tires between the two wheels.
6. Ken adjusting the torque wrench while attaching the front wheel.