OK how about a SoSoCal ride this weekend? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old Jan 12th, 2009, 6:29 pm Thread Starter

Smile OK how about a SoSoCal ride this weekend?

I thought I might give it another shot. Anyone interested in riding this weekend? I liked the looks of the route the beemer boys were going to take... but I don't really want to meet up much earlier than 8:30-9:00am.

With all of this great weather I can't believe its this hard to find some people to ride. I thought there would be like 20 guys saying they were in... What's going on? If you guys lived in an area like metro Detroit you would understand. It's so hard to see your bike in the garage for months without being able to ride it. A few of the Detroit beemer guys would get together in Jan or Feb just to ride. One time we crossed the state and back and the highest reading on my temp guage was 21. I discovered Gerbings that day.

We have to hurry and ride a little before I get rid of my LT. I'm thinking about trading it in on the new 800GS.

Let me know guys...

Jeff Adkins
San Diego (Scripps Ranch), CA

2000 K1200LT Icon Basalt Grey

IBA Member # 19537
AMA # 242000
BMW MOA # 111485

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Fear is a reaction, courage is a decision"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old Jan 13th, 2009, 8:43 pm Thread Starter

Re: OK how about a SoSoCal ride this weekend?

So now we are up to 24 views and not one reply... BUMP!

Jeff Adkins

IBA Member # 19537
AMA # 242000
BMW MOA # 111485

post #3 of 10 Old Jan 13th, 2009, 9:15 pm

wow...sounds like we are being called out. Sorry but I like to start early and get in some miles. Starting late is such a waste of a day. Sorry but I can't make it this weekend. I'm riding out with another group at 7 am.

post #4 of 10 Old Jan 13th, 2009, 10:16 pm
Ted

Hi Jeff -

I meant to reply yesterday and got side-tracked. This weekend isn't good for me, either. I'm just getting over the flu, too - haven't ridden for about 3 weeks and it's killing me.

Sorry it can't be this weekend for me - oh, and btw I remember you from a few years ago - welcome to SoCal!

Ted

Camarillo, CA
2012 Ducati Multistrada 1200S - Red
2007 R1200S - Black - Sold
2003 K1200LTC - Silver - Sold
IBA# 16554

post #5 of 10 Old Jan 13th, 2009, 10:49 pm

Smile Re: OK how about a SoSoCal ride this weekend?

Nice to hear that we the people who love to ride, wanna ride! I say that sarcastically!!! Many of my good friends with BMW bikes really want to go out and ride but their " better halves " have that LOOK on their faces just when they suit up and are about to mount up. I too still suffer from this occasionally.

But.........I still ride anyhow. I have plans this weekend already but am free next and usually every 1, 2,or 3rd Sunday of the month. I give one Sunday a month to the wife and kids, but when I do I go out Saturday. Lets hook up for a good long ride if you are intersted. Breakfast is usually a must and we meet at around 7:30 for that. But we leave home at like 6:30ish....................set that alarm and don't drink Sat. nite.

Alfred Liceaga 626-705-9991 aka piernologo

Piernologo
post #6 of 10 Old Jan 13th, 2009, 11:40 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush1517
With all of this great weather I can't believe its this hard to find some people to ride. I thought there would be like 20 guys saying they were in... What's going on?..
Welcome to the hectic pace of Southern Cal.....Too many competing activities!

BmerBoys has something in the works...PM me your email and I'll ask Lee to add you to his list.

Early starts aren't so bad....once you are on the bike anyway!

Mark

K1200LT 02
K1100LT 93
post #7 of 10 Old Jan 14th, 2009, 12:18 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted
Hi Jeff -

I meant to reply yesterday and got side-tracked. This weekend isn't good for me, either. I'm just getting over the flu, too - haven't ridden for about 3 weeks and it's killing me.

Sorry it can't be this weekend for me - oh, and btw I remember you from a few years ago - welcome to SoCal!
Yeah, I disappeared off of here for a few years... got busy with work and "other" activities. Thanks for the welcome. hope to ride with some of you guys soon.

I don't know if anyone remembers but I used to post here about buying XM units from my company (Delphi) for next to nothing for all of my "Friends and Family". I think a bunch of you bought them but i'm not sure... that was a few years ago. I am noticing a bunch of familiar names on here as well. Looking forward to riding with all of you sometime.

It's looking like I have to set my alarm and ride early. I actually don't mind it too much... It's just that I'm finding out SoCal doesn't mean San Diego, and it will take me a little longer to get up north. But look, you guys name a time and place and I will do my best to get there.

Jeff Adkins

IBA Member # 19537
AMA # 242000
BMW MOA # 111485

Last edited by Rush1517; Jan 14th, 2009 at 12:24 pm.
post #8 of 10 Old Feb 10th, 2009, 5:41 am

jeff,
sure wish I was back in San diego (Santee) we relocated to New Hampshire and yes. I am freeznnnn and hoping these piles of snow would melt away. I could have used a good ride to my ole playground of rosarita beach, a cold one and some good mex food...

Here in the N/E riding the white line is prohibited, your just stuck with the cages in traffic..

planning a cross country tour this summer maybe will look you up once in the area....
post #9 of 10 Old Feb 12th, 2009, 7:55 pm
Lifetime Supporter

I'm interested, depending on what day and where. Keep in mind I live in La Quinta which is 2 1/2 hours east of San Diego via the San Jacinto. Also, I don't mind the cold (cool for you northerners), but I don't do ice. The mountain pass tends to have ice in the early AM.

Doug Sorchilla
La Quinta, CA
2012 K1600 GTL

Growing Old is Mandatory – Growing Up is Optional
post #10 of 10 Old Mar 13th, 2009, 12:06 pm Thread Starter

Well cold doesn't bother me at all, but I'm with you... I don't do ice. I think we're past that now anyway.

I'm still hoping to ride with some beemer people. I hooked up with an absolutely great group of riders. They have a website: www.northcountycruisers.com - they meet EVERY sunday at 10:00am at the 15 and 76 in the Mobil station park and ride lot just north of Escondido. I've ridden with them the last three sundays and the rides are far better than I imagined and the people are even better... plus they meet at 10:00!! I'm usually back home between 3 - 4pm.

If anyone is interested... just show up!

Jeff Adkins

IBA Member # 19537
AMA # 242000
BMW MOA # 111485

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in