Looking for touring partner(s) for summer - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old May 21st, 2006, 11:18 pm Thread Starter

Looking for touring partner(s) for summer

I live in Gulf Breeze, Fl. and want to take several long trips this summer. I frequently ride in north Georgia and western North Carolina as I have a house in Highlands, N.C. and base there. I am interested in traveling to cooler regions this summer, including New England and the northwestern U.S. I also am interested in going to Canada(primarily Alberta and/or British Columbia). I would like to find a traveling companion(s) who wants to see/ride some of this same territory.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old May 22nd, 2006, 9:07 pm

Welcome to the Forum and to the Southeast forum.... glad to have you..

You may take a few moments to fill out some more information in your profile..that way folks can find common interest and such....

However the BMW national rally is in Vermont this year (MOA rally) http://www.bmwmoa.org/rally/rally06/ and I am sure several from the Southeast will be attending... watch for threads about the MOA rally in this Southeast forum...

The gathering of about 600 LT riders and friends will be held this year also near Altanta, GA, Chateau Elan Resort.... while the event is already sold out, there will be a few regristrations for sale as the time nears...again keep a watch on the Reunion Forum page for those...the event is called the Curve Cowboy Reunion...

Hope this helps to link you up with other local riders....

Ride safe....

Don G Norwood
11 R1200GSA w/DMC sidecar Radio Flyer IV
2015 G650GS, 1998 1200 C

"Oh Lord I pray, Just let me live long enough to do everything they say I have done"
post #3 of 4 Old May 22nd, 2006, 10:05 pm

Don't know if you'll be around, but I'll be coming down to the gathering of the clans weekend in June and will be spending about a week just cruising around that area. If you'll be around and would like to hook up, let me know.

Kevin

R1200GSA Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's off to Alaska I go!
(Down to ONE BIKE - ARGH!)

post #4 of 4 Old May 29th, 2006, 7:46 pm

Talking

If your looking for a great guy to hook up with take my word this is one. We met in Atlanta Tuesday morning last week and became fast friends over 3 days of riding, eating, and drinking(after riding on the drinking part). Duker, I can't wait to do it again! Iam not even going to get into the 1 1/2lb ribeyes he cooked and the 6 rainbow trout Doug brought over that were out of the srteam about 1 hour.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in