Anybody Gonna Be In Myrtle beach This Weekend??? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old May 16th, 2006, 11:12 am Thread Starter

Question Anybody Gonna Be In Myrtle beach This Weekend???

Well, Are You?

Phil
2000 LT ICON
"INKY"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old May 16th, 2006, 5:03 pm

Jim Bain and I live here ........... but would probably rather be out of town.

Jeff in Myrtle Beach
'01 LTC
'99 Icon champagne
'02 KLR 650
TZ 185 2 stroke
Honda R100R beater

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 Old May 16th, 2006, 5:13 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffklt
Jim Bain and I live here ........... but would probably rather be out of town.
I lived there for 11 years, but this is one time of year I am very glad I left! Did not even have anything like that when I was there though. I left in 1985.

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work...I want to achieve it through not dying.

David Shealey
Dandridge, TN
EX: '01 Black LT, BAT BYKE (Totaled at 110,000 miles)
IBA SS, BB, BBG, 10/10ths.
No bike now, but maybe in the future.

post #4 of 5 Old May 16th, 2006, 8:01 pm

David,

I live on 47th Ave N and I suspect that with the changes that have occured since you left, it would take you quite a while to find your way to AVX without using Kings Hwy. We were the fourth fastest growing SMSA last year. Along with our growth has come tremendous growth in Harley week and after that Black Biker Week. The big Harley events are this coming weekend but we are packed to the gills already. Three deaths on Saturday and another last night with two others in critical condition. It is carnage and so very tragic for the victims and those they leave behind. The wreck last night occured at an intersection at 29th N and Kings Highway and invloved either three or four bikes that collided with each other head on. As I walk around the thousands of bikes over at Broadway at the Beach, I like to look at the odometers and most of them are well under 5,000 miles. These are rookies riding in a strange town with thousands of other rookies who are equally lost. Don't get me wrong, they are good and decent people but it just scares the bejeezus out of me to watch how they ride around town. The weather has been beautiful and I am constantly amazed at how many nicely painted toenails I observe on ladies riding on the backs of the bikes. Sorry for the rant, the constant sirens take their toll on my emotions.

Jeff in Myrtle Beach
'01 LTC
'99 Icon champagne
'02 KLR 650
TZ 185 2 stroke
Honda R100R beater

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 5 Old May 16th, 2006, 8:30 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffklt
David,

I live on 47th Ave N and I suspect that with the changes that have occured since you left, it would take you quite a while to find your way to AVX without using Kings Hwy.
I was there to visit for a day about 3 years ago, and BOY had things changed!! You are right. We did drive by AVX, from King's Hwy, and took the back way out, which surprisingly had not changed that much.

When I moved there in '73 there was ONE McDonald's, and it was closed in the winter! Now it is a ZOO! Fun to visit, but kinda glad I no longer live there.

We lived in Forestbrook, for which the road had a stop sign on 17 across from the racetrack. Well, imagine my surprise when neither the road entrance nor the racetrack were there any longer. Found the house, but it certainly was not quite the way we used to go there.

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work...I want to achieve it through not dying.

David Shealey
Dandridge, TN
EX: '01 Black LT, BAT BYKE (Totaled at 110,000 miles)
IBA SS, BB, BBG, 10/10ths.
No bike now, but maybe in the future.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in