STC II and Future STCs ? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old Apr 26th, 2006, 12:13 pm Thread Starter

STC II and Future STCs ?

Spring Training Camp and future Spring Training Camps

Hello Folks,

Well last year I gave you rain, hail, sleet, sunshine and snow all within four days for STC, I feel like I let you down this year with only rain, hail and sunshine, but with the rain it gave us more time together for some great fellowship.

How do you begin to thank Ironhorse Lodge and Campground, John and Charlene Powell, Randy and Tammie and the entire staff for being great hosts. I don’t have the words to express my proper thanks… outstanding guys..

Dave Dragon and Lynn Keen headed up the tech sessions, thanks guys for taking the time, bringing the needed equipment and tools, the supplies and for your knowledge of the LT. I thank you!

Susan Galpin did a great job in the session and on the road teaching us her riding techniques and with 650,000 miles to her credit…how can we doubt it. Thanks to Tom and Karen Gallo for getting us together

Lance Holland, who happened up to take advantage of the Saturday night Prime Rib, for sharing with us about the Fontana area and an entertaining evening about movie productions…that was fun.

Joe (messenger13) and Jacques (vstromboli) my thanks to you for your creation of our Web Page. This was a needed touch to STC and I thank you for taking the ball and running with it… Thanks guys..

Door prizes. Again Tom Gallo, Motolights, Mick-0- Pegs, Lance Holland and Ironhorse Lodge, thanks so much for you door prizes.

A special thanks to YOU, for attending and being a part of great group of folks and we look forward to more STC and gatherings.

For those of you that really know me, you know that I am never “at a lost for words” and I was raised to leave things better than you found it.. I thank my parents for that…but Monday I didn’t leave to late in the afternoon, both speechless and not leaving things better than I found it… I hope you can appreciate that… so that is way I am so angry…but let’s move on… I will get it over it in time.. it’s just my nature and raising…

Future STC

With all functions and events, we need fresh ideas to grow and even make that event better…

I will not host another STC.

So let me offer you the workings.

First, all things have been settled with STC II… it’s done…over with…let’ move on…

Registration Fee: None, because of liability issue

Tech persons… I tried to take care of their lodging ….

Nice to have a lift in place… trailer it in,

Supplies, towels, clean up, replace Ironhorse’s supplies, soap, hand cleaner in shop..

Speakers… Lodging plus meals

Snacks and Water

Tip for staff at Ironhorse… did you put a tip in the tip cans at the window?

First year. We coverered more tech persons, more rooms and food for speakers with money left over for tips for staff..

This year… collected HALF the amount of donations of the first year… in my final settle up, Charlene and John donated Susan’s meals, donated door prizes… and the tech guys where not covered like last year....they should stay free and eat free..IMO

Tips for staff… not covered

Water and snacks… John, Charlene covered that…

I don’t like the idea of have to get up ever night and ask for donations, so you mix in door prizes…

The next host needs to come up with a plan to have in place enough money to cover the expenses… it didn’t happen this year…

What do I get out it ? Charlene and John gave me a camp space for my toy hauler, which I used to bring the lift and supplies…. I paid for all my meals.

But, I enjoy having 100 of my best LT friends around…and meeting making new freinds.

What did it cost me? I got it covered…It’s over…lets move on..

I ask one of the staff how we compared to say a “Harley group” ?

The Harley group will buy T-Shirts before they check in and are big tippers…

As I said… All things have been covered, STC II is over… let’s move on….

I hope this helps the new host for STC, I look forward to attending as an attendee and offer my insight for a better and fresher STC III…

There is a thread going on about donations to me, I would suggest that donations be made to Ironhorse Lodge to put in a fund for the next STC III… that way you can cover the expenses up front…

See you on the road.

Don G Norwood
11 R1200GSA w/DMC sidecar Radio Flyer IV
2015 G650GS, 1998 1200 C

"Oh Lord I pray, Just let me live long enough to do everything they say I have done"

Last edited by BamaLT; Apr 26th, 2006 at 1:01 pm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old Apr 26th, 2006, 3:57 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaLT
<snip>See you on the road.
Don thanks for putting this on,
We all understand you getting upset trust me on that one.

I hope you change your mind cause you are the life of the STC we would definitly want you to be a host again, plus it would give us a chance to make it up to ya!

So maybe we can get together soon for lunch up here in Duh Lawn Eh Ga (they have a t-shirt wrote like that so them thar yankee's know how to proooooNounce Dahlonega) I'll buy ya lunch that will knock your socks off, (or put ya to sleep <g>)

Tom

Tom

'07 GS Adv (mine), '06 GS <(My brides)
(the only bmw's in the stable)
post #3 of 8 Old Apr 27th, 2006, 7:00 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmgs
Don thanks for putting this on,
We all understand you getting upset trust me on that one.

I hope you change your mind cause you are the life of the STC we would definitly want you to be a host again, plus it would give us a chance to make it up to ya! Tom
Don:

I agree with what Tom said -- YOU are STC, give us a chance to make it up to ya!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Chick

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Saved by Grace -- Ephesians 2:8-9

2005 Graphite LT

BMWMOA #118809

NRA Life Member

post #4 of 8 Old Apr 28th, 2006, 8:46 am

Don,

As Tom and Chick have stated, you are STC! Without you hosting, it just won't be the same. Maybe getting a committee together would take some of the headaches away. At least make them bearable. I have been involved in some fairly large gatherings and I do know that one person saddled with all the trouble is just too much. You are the STC, but this is such a good gathering that I would hate to see it disappear. I know you are extremely disappointed with what happened this year, but it's just in it's infant stages and going through the normal growing pains.

No one has the emotional attachment that you have to this event!

Even though I was unable to attend this year, it had been an event that I would have attended over any other, including CCR. Not that I have anything against the CCR, but it is really out of my league right now. Circumstances have prevented me from attending any events this year but hopefully next year will provide me with a way to get to the STC if nothing else.

Please reconsider continuing hosting STC...it needs you and we need you there making this event happen.

Regards,
Woody aka SoberBiker

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said...
But I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant
~Author Unknown~

'18 K1600 BGA (Yet to be named)
'16 Goldwing F6B (Traded)
'08 K1200LT - (Traded)
'07 K1200GT - (Sold)

post #5 of 8 Old Apr 28th, 2006, 5:34 pm

To Don

Maybe I'm a moron (I know that Tom will agree), but I was unaware of any of these issues until now.

But when I think about it, we were unfair to repeatedly saddle you with all of the responsibilities - we are all adults, play with some of the finest toys ever made and we all need to share in the work.

Don, if you reconsider, I volunteer to do whatever you want for the next STC. My work schedule precludes me from taking over, but I will make time to help make a difference.

Heck, I got a free service and farkle installation out of this event (OBTW- Thanks Dave - You The Man!!!), so I really owe for the event!!

We can and should spread the work - and more importantly, the responsibility to a few more people.

My sincerest apologies for what happened.

Phil
2000 LT ICON
"INKY"
post #6 of 8 Old Apr 28th, 2006, 7:46 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by usma78
Maybe I'm a moron (I know that Tom will agree), but I was unaware of any of these issues until now.
Never will I agree to that, although the cracker thing still has me laughing, btw have you looked in the mirror yet
<big silly grin>

Tom <running and ducking from the military dude!)

Tom

post #7 of 8 Old Apr 29th, 2006, 11:08 am

Smile Next STC

Tom,

The next STC, you and I will have to take a picture of ourselves and explain to the folks who weren't there, what we are talking about.

But, I have to admit, that was a good one!!!

Phil
2000 LT ICON
"INKY"
post #8 of 8 Old Apr 29th, 2006, 7:23 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by usma78
Tom,

The next STC, you and I will have to take a picture of ourselves and explain to the folks who weren't there, what we are talking about.

But, I have to admit, that was a good one!!!
Ahh heck let em wonder! leaves more to the imagination

hehehehehe

Tom

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in