The "Burnout" . . . my formal statement(s) - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old Apr 25th, 2006, 6:48 pm Thread Starter

Exclamation The "Burnout" . . . my formal statement(s)

First and foremost, I would like to apologize to Don Norwood and to John & Charlene at the Iron Horse.

Second of all, I will "make it right" with John & Charlene. I have called the Iron Horse (hours ago) with no return call yet...as well as emailed them this morning with no reply as of yet.

Third...I really wish this matter could have been taken care of in a mature and private manner. Instead, I feel like I have been turned into some kinda of irresponsible whipping boy.

Lastly, the "burnout" took all of about 1/10th of a second. Hand to my God. NO front brake was used. I blipped the throttle, popped the clutch, the wheel spun a little, and I took off. I never even saw it. I figured it just left a little mark that could be rubbed off with your boot. I'm finding it almost IMPOSSIBLE to believe that it left the kind of mark that would require much work or paint at all. But if it does...I'll pay for it. I will be back in that area in 4 weeks. If John can wait, I will take care of it personally.

I simply forgot to go back and take a look / clean the mark up. Again . . . I am truly sorry.

I want to thank Tom Gallo for standing up for a friend.

FYI: The only other eye-witness was Doug Hines. Ask him how long it took, he'll tell you. Since it appears that Tom and I are not being believed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old Apr 25th, 2006, 7:59 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by messenger13
First and foremost, I would like to apologize to Don Norwood and to John & Charlene at the Iron Horse.
I accept your apologize Joe.

Quote:
Third...I really wish this matter could have been taken care of in a mature and private manner.
Joe, if you where acting in a mature manner, we wouldn't be here posting at this moment and if you had come to me in private and told me about this or if your friends had told me about it....it would have been settled then..not now...

You look at the times of my post, I didn't mention your name. I had to ask John Powell, who witnessed it, and called it a "burnout" . "Joe on his ninja" It was my second post I mentioned the rider was not on a LT, because I had several PMs at the moment questioning the LT...

You where told about the "burnout" by Tom when you returned from the ride, but you and nobody else did nothing... I was left to clean up after the kids I guess.

Joe, there was another witness...John Powell, the owner from his porch area.. he called it a "burnout" "that where Joe did a burnout out his Ninja"... I am not going to argue with the owner and eyewitness...

I think the best thing is for us to move on.....you take the next STC III, you put your name on the line and then we'll see. So take it and run with it...the dates are set...it your deal now.

Don G Norwood
11 R1200GSA w/DMC sidecar Radio Flyer IV
2015 G650GS, 1998 1200 C

"Oh Lord I pray, Just let me live long enough to do everything they say I have done"

Last edited by BamaLT; Apr 25th, 2006 at 10:22 pm.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in