about the "burnout" at STC - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 46 Old Apr 25th, 2006, 7:15 am Thread Starter

about the "burnout" at STC

I sat here and read all the posts about this. I'm wondering a little about some of them myself...............

I saw it, I saw it happen. I was standing right there when it did happen, so this is coming right from a witness it's not like he did this big hole shot burnout. Yes it did hook some, it was on a painted floor which makes it really easy for something like his to happen, was it silly to do? yes it was. here is how I saw it

Jo was fixing his brakes he got them together rolled the bike around hopped on and popped out there on his way out the door, it took all of a split second to leave that mark. I told Jo about it when he got back, I am also positive Jo forgot about it when he got back from his test ride, heck I forgot about it, I did mention he left a mark in the garage and he said he would take care of it. I'm sure he will .

Jo should be home late last night as he left my place yesterday morning. he had almost a 800 mile ride home on that ninja thingy so I'm sure he is whipped!

Now.
I'm surprised to see some of the comments and the actual posting of this. I mean to say everyone that was there knows Jo and seems to like him just fine. Why not give him the chance to take care of whatever needs to be done before castrating him. God I sure hope I don't ever screw up.

Tom

Tom

'07 GS Adv (mine), '06 GS <(My brides)
(the only bmw's in the stable)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 46 Old Apr 25th, 2006, 7:58 am

Absolutely

I think most would agree that if the problem is taken care properly and completely (including appropriate apology) that there should be no hard feelings.

If it was a mistake, then that's what it was.
If it was intentional, then that's a different problem.

I think most of the replies to Don's original thread read something like: let's take care of the problem and restore our good name with the folks at Iron Horse Lodge.

Also, I never saw anyone's name attached to this incident -- both in the way Don reported it and in the discussion that followed, so I was not making any assumptions as to who did it. But since you saw it and named names I guess we all know now.

Howard Schisler
2015 BMW K1600GTL
2009 BMW K1200LT - 60k miles
2012 BMW F650GS (sold)
2005 BMW K1200LT - "Gray Ghost", traded at 120k miles
2005 Honda Shadow 650 (sold)
AMA, IBA, BMW MOA. CCRs: Braselton 2006, Osage Beach 2007, Duluth 2012

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[/URL]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 46 Old Apr 25th, 2006, 8:13 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmgs
I sat here and read all the posts about this. I'm wondering a little about some of them myself...............

I saw it, I saw it happen. I was standing right there when it did happen, so this is coming right from a witness it's not like he did this big hole shot burnout. Yes it did hook some, it was on a painted floor which makes it really easy for something like his to happen, was it silly to do? yes it was. here is how I saw it

Jo was fixing his brakes he got them together rolled the bike around hopped on and popped out there on his way out the door, it took all of a split second to leave that mark. I told Jo about it when he got back, I am also positive Jo forgot about it when he got back from his test ride, heck I forgot about it, I did mention he left a mark in the garage and he said he would take care of it. I'm sure he will .

Jo should be home late last night as he left my place yesterday morning. he had almost a 800 mile ride home on that ninja thingy so I'm sure he is whipped!

Now.
I'm surprised to see some of the comments and the actual posting of this. I mean to say everyone that was there knows Jo and seems to like him just fine. Why not give him the chance to take care of whatever needs to be done before castrating him. God I sure hope I don't ever screw up.

Tom
Tom, the POINT..... when the Owner of Ironhorse and the owner of the garage refers to this mark as a "burnout by one of your guys", the owner witnessed it also.from his front porch.. I AM NOT GOING TO ARGUE WITH HIM whether it was a just a little spin on a split second (which I don't believe).

In my embarssment and anger I posted, then I questioned John as to get the name and was told then that it was Joe on his ninja... I was completely speechless and more embarrassed and more upset.

I would not be surprised if the garage is OFF LIMITS to us for further events.

Maybe it's time for someone else to step up and put their name ON THE LINE and be responsible for the stupid childish acts.

Don G Norwood
11 R1200GSA w/DMC sidecar Radio Flyer IV
2015 G650GS, 1998 1200 C

"Oh Lord I pray, Just let me live long enough to do everything they say I have done"

post #4 of 46 Old Apr 25th, 2006, 8:24 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hschisler
I think most would agree that if the problem is taken care properly and completely (including appropriate apology) that there should be no hard feelings.

If it was a mistake, then that's what it was.
If it was intentional, then that's a different problem.
Define mistake, goofing off a little too hard? or goofing off period?

obviously it was a mistake, obvilously had he crept away easy it would not have happened.

If it had been done with ill intent or mischief, that would be a different problem, IMNSHO. Heck I would have got ticked with him at that point and gine off on him myself.

The whole problem here is it didn't get taken care of before he left which I will take some blame in as well as I could have reminded him again, but I forgot too. for that I apologize.

Quote:
I think most of the replies to Don's original thread read something like: let's take care of the problem and restore our good name with the folks at Iron Horse Lodge.
They did show many willing to take care of the damage.

but many also put a friend of thiers down before he even had a chance to say one word about it, have they forgot he is a friend of thiers?
I thought it was damn quick for everyone to turn thier back on him, guess I grew up differently.

Quote:

Also, I never saw anyone's name attached to this incident -- both in the way Don reported it and in the discussion that followed, so I was not making any assumptions as to who did it. But since you saw it and named names I guess we all know now.
Yes we do, in fact everyone did by the quaint suggestion of the fellow that brought his other bike!

I'm sure Jo will not have a problem with me mentioning his name. I know Jo, he is stand up. He likes to goof around.

I've met many people from all walks of life from all over.
Jo is my friend and will continue to be so.

I'll add this, if I ever make a mistake please come to me directly and let me explain or make it right before going public, that would tick me off. but it would show what everyone is made of.

Tom

Tom

post #5 of 46 Old Apr 25th, 2006, 8:30 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaLT
Tom, the POINT..... when the Owner of Ironhorse and the owner of the garage refers to this mark as a "burnout by one of your guys", the owner witnessed it also.from his front porch.. I AM NOT GOING TO ARGUE WITH HIM whether it was a just a little spin on a split second (which I don't believe).
well then don't believe me Don, But why not give him the chance to make it right with John.
Heck eveyone makes mistakes.
Quote:

In my embarssment and anger I posted, then I questioned John as to get the name and was told then that it was Joe on his ninja... I was completely speechless and more embarrassed and more upset.

I would not be surprised if the garage is OFF LIMITS to us for further events.

Maybe it's time for someone else to step up and put their name ON THE LINE and be responsible for the stupid childish acts.

I know what the point is Don, and I truly understand your being upset and embarrased, hell I am too, particularly since I let it get forgotten about, I wish John had said something directly to Jo as soon as he got back this would not have come to this point.

I'm sure if it gets taken care of asap that John will not ban us from the garage, a stupid mistake was made it won't happen again I'm sure. John seems stand up IMO.

Like I said I apologize for not getting it taken care of myself.

Tom

post #6 of 46 Old Apr 25th, 2006, 8:32 am
kip

people's stuff

I guess what is a shame is that most people have alot of respect for other people's stuff and hope to leave it just as they found it.

I have a nice shop at my house and it would burn me up if somebody came in and used my shop and then did a burn out on the floor leaving. It is HARD to clean that up.

And, lets be honest......is there anyone who is an experienced rider who can't take off whether on his LT, Ninja, or whatever without spinning the back tire?

I've been friend's with John for years and I know he would give any of us the shirt off his back if we needed it. I also know that he and Charlene put their whole heart and soul into Ironhorse and they sincerely want it to be a top notch great place.

So, to do anything that leaves any permanent damage anywhere there is just outright disrespectful.

That's really the bottom line. That, and the fact that something like that DOES reflect poorly on all of us as a group.

Kip
99 LT
97 Shadow 1100
Jefferson, Ga
post #7 of 46 Old Apr 25th, 2006, 8:36 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kip
I guess what is a shame is that most people have alot of respect for other people's stuff and hope to leave it just as they found it.

I have a nice shop at my house and it would burn me up if somebody came in and used my shop and then did a burn out on the floor leaving. It is HARD to clean that up.

And, lets be honest......is there anyone who is an experienced rider who can't take off whether on his LT, Ninja, or whatever without spinning the back tire?

I've been friend's with John for years and I know he would give any of us the shirt off his back if we needed it. I also know that he and Charlene put their whole heart and soul into Ironhorse and they sincerely want it to be a top notch great place.

So, to do anything that leaves any permanent damage anywhere there is just outright disrespectful.
So castrate the guy even if he takes care of it?

Sheesh............

Tom

post #8 of 46 Old Apr 25th, 2006, 8:41 am
kip

another thought too

It certainly is NOT John's place to have to go explain to somebody that there is a problem.

Come on.

You make a mess you clean it up. Just like in kindergarten.

You make a mess and forget about it.....that says that its unimportant to you and that you don't care that much about the person's property.

That's what it says.

Lastly, yeah, there is alot of chatter about this issue......BUT ...isnt that what makes this forum so great? People can discuss issues that affect us all openly, air it out, hopefully put it to rest, and then work on the next ride or event or gathering.

As for me, I appreciate this forum, and the guys in it and hope we all get to do alot more stuff together.

Kip
99 LT
97 Shadow 1100
Jefferson, Ga
post #9 of 46 Old Apr 25th, 2006, 8:45 am
kip

castrate?

I don't think I said a word about castrating anyone.

Hey....it happened. I don't know Joe. I wasn't there. I wouldn't have known who it was until these posts.

I do know how I'd feel about it....which is what I said.

All I'm saying is....as part of a group it is incumbent on each one of us to represent one another and be responsible.

Kip
99 LT
97 Shadow 1100
Jefferson, Ga
post #10 of 46 Old Apr 25th, 2006, 9:01 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kip
I don't think I said a word about castrating anyone.

Hey....it happened. I don't know Joe. I wasn't there. I wouldn't have known who it was until these posts.

I do know how I'd feel about it....which is what I said.

All I'm saying is....as part of a group it is incumbent on each one of us to represent one another and be responsible.

Oh yea I understand what you said, and no you did not say anything about castration <g> it was my word on some of the other posts

Tom

post #11 of 46 Old Apr 25th, 2006, 9:04 am

Quote:
I'm sure Jo will not have a problem with me mentioning his name. I know Jo, he is stand up. He likes to goof around.

Tom
I was not there, so I'm going to stay out of the "incident" debate

I think it's commendable for a guy to stand up and stick out his neck for a friend, wether he's right or wrong.
Tom is the kind of man I would want to be my friend.
Enough said.

Hans
St. Petersburg FL

2002 K1200LTE
"Silver Buffalo" Totaled 5/06
2005 LT
"Esperanza"
BushtecGenesisTrailer
"Our preferred long distance carrier"

post #12 of 46 Old Apr 25th, 2006, 10:48 am

I wasn't there either, but I totally agree Tom, is how I would define a good friend.

It's easy to get on the "bashwagon" in forums like these. Until I hear both sides of the story, I say we just insult his Ninja and use the word FARKLE as much as possible. Then if it doesnt get taken care of....we castrate him.

I do agree though that if I didn't know about it and someone came to me and told me what I did, I wouldnt have given it a chance to forget about...I would have been all over it like a fat guy on a beanbag. So, not taking care of it after being told about it make it worse, in my opinion, than just chirping the tires and leaving, because now he knew about it twice and still didn't do anything about it. If that was the case it will be hard to explain the rational, but I am sure Joe has a good explanation.

Hope you guys made/make it home safe.

Farkle!

Donald
NW Arkansas
2006 K1200LT Blackish sorta kinda
BMWMOA #124197
AMA #925041

The difference between committed and involved is like a ham and egg breakfast, the chicken was involved...the pig was committed!
post #13 of 46 Old Apr 25th, 2006, 12:06 pm

Quote:
Define mistake, goofing off a little too hard? or goofing off period?

obviously it was a mistake, obvilously had he crept away easy it would not have happened.

If it had been done with ill intent or mischief, that would be a different problem, IMNSHO. Heck I would have got ticked with him at that point and gine off on him myself.

The whole problem here is it didn't get taken care of before he left which I will take some blame in as well as I could have reminded him again, but I forgot too. for that I apologize.

They did show many willing to take care of the damage.

but many also put a friend of thiers down before he even had a chance to say one word about it, have they forgot he is a friend of thiers?
I thought it was damn quick for everyone to turn thier back on him, guess I grew up differently.

Yes we do, in fact everyone did by the quaint suggestion of the fellow that brought his other bike!

I'll add this, if I ever make a mistake please come to me directly and let me explain or make it right before going public, that would tick me off. but it would show what everyone is made of.

Tom
Tom, it's OK. Maybe I'm reading more into your comments than I should, but I think you're reading more into mine than intended. Let me review my stand on this, FWIW:

1. If you review my posts on this topic you'll see I was being conservative, not accusatory, but taking the position (as someone else said) that if you cause a problem you fix it. I said that before I knew it was Joe, and I'll say it now. I don't think that's unreasonable.

2. I met Joe a few months ago. He was the first person on this forum that I met; I borrowed his CB windshield for a couple of weeks; he's called me, PMD me, and emailed me with answers to my endless questions. I've known him for a short period of time but have come to respect his knowledge of motorcycling and the LT. We are different people with different styles and personalities, but that's what makes the world interesting. I feel certain when he gets home he'll be bending over backwards to make this right.

3. When the "culprit" was described as someone bringing another bike yep, my first thought was Joe. I had seen him riding his Ninja... shall we say... "aggressively" earlier in the week. I also thought it might be the 75-year-old guy who came with him; or the person on the Triumph, or the Valkyrie, or the RT, or one of those darn Goldwingers who snuck in during the night to give us a bad name ... my point being: I didn't name names or even suggest a name because I wasn't there and it would be pure speculation on my point. (OK, I've officially muddied this water too much!)

We're on the same side here, and like others I am glad to see you backing your friend. We should all have such good friends!

Howard Schisler
2015 BMW K1600GTL
2012 BMW F650GS (sold)

[/URL]
post #14 of 46 Old Apr 25th, 2006, 12:17 pm

Sure glad nobody heard me fart in the Club House!
post #15 of 46 Old Apr 25th, 2006, 12:30 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_E
Yeah..Speaking of skid marks.

Donald
NW Arkansas
2006 K1200LT Blackish sorta kinda
BMWMOA #124197
AMA #925041

The difference between committed and involved is like a ham and egg breakfast, the chicken was involved...the pig was committed!
post #16 of 46 Old Apr 25th, 2006, 3:21 pm

Quote:
My wife and I were staying at the Tuskegee Motel. Was that you? We thought they were blasting for coal!

Howard Schisler
2015 BMW K1600GTL
2012 BMW F650GS (sold)

[/URL]
post #17 of 46 Old Apr 25th, 2006, 4:17 pm

Bashwagon or burn out ???
I must say that I was quick to think burn out was like smoking a real fatty and hard, like I used to do on my old Harley's, but I do agree that one should clean up his or her own mess. I had the pleasure to talk to Joe and think he's a stand kinda guy as I can say about the rest of the riders. I'd like to hear the rest of the story and make sure that we are still welcome at the Ironhorse.
post #18 of 46 Old Apr 25th, 2006, 4:18 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Tom, it's OK. Maybe I'm reading more into your comments than I should, but I think you're reading more into mine than intended. Let me review my stand on this, FWIW:

No No i think we are fine here, hopefully I haven't come across to harsh to anyone.

Tom

post #19 of 46 Old Apr 25th, 2006, 4:40 pm

I agree it should not have happened, but it did & it will again. They do hold motorcycle events there, do you think the place that held the Honda car rally doesn't have black marks all over their parking lot? I know this was in the garage & it is disrespectfull, but the owner did make alot of money Wed. thru Sun. & offering the use of the garage is what will bring more rallies & venders there. I have been to Yamaha Venture & Yamaha Star Riders Rallies & there was always a burnout going on at any time. Don't get me wrong, I don't do that kind of thing & if I did it would not be in the garage. The funny part is right away everyone new it wasn't an LT. It could have been Harry on his Valkyrie, but the only time I have seen him do that was on his way to the ground & wouldn't let go of the throttle. Whenever I hear him doing that it is followed by me having to pick up his bike. It was a slick floor & wet every time I went in there. If it was just a slip it shouldn't have burned through the paint, if it did then there was some power braking going one. Don't let this one thing ruin the great time everyone had.
post #20 of 46 Old Apr 25th, 2006, 5:22 pm

Talking Oh really!

Quote:
That was ME!

Brett
2003 K1200LTC SOLD
2013 K1600GTL SOLD
2018 K1600GA SOLD
2019 K1600GA Blue

North Georgia

2005 CCR-Tetons
2006 CCR-Braselton
2008 CCR-Midway
2009 CCR-Rapid City
2011 CCR-Boise
2012 CCR-Duluth
2014 CCR-Chattanooga
2015 CCR-Coeur d 'Alene

post #21 of 46 Old Apr 25th, 2006, 6:35 pm

Has Joe made his 7000 post yet? You know how he likes to go out with a bang, Maybe this time he wanted to go up in smoke! I wasn't there but here is my take of the alleged event. He may have made a boo boo. We all do. Okay, Joe makes em good. He is also entertaining in his own way and very helpful around here. If I lived within 500 miles of that place I would go for a ride and take care of whats needed.

Brian Ley
WA State of mindless sheep
USA where everything is illegal
2007 K1200GT
2010 650GS
2000 k1200LT Sold but not forgotten
BMWOA 119892
post #22 of 46 Old Apr 25th, 2006, 6:52 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaun2
I wasn't there but here is my take of the alleged event. He may have made a boo boo. We all do. Okay, Joe makes em good.
No...evidentally I'm the only guy that messes up like this. But I do know that you find out who your real friends are when this kind of thing happens. Everyone's your friend when all goes well...or you're doing something FOR them. But slip up just a little bit, and WHAMO!!!
post #23 of 46 Old Apr 25th, 2006, 6:53 pm

I'm with tmgs on this one. If in fact the tire mark was created by Joe I have to believe he will render an appropriate apology and do what ever is necessary to make it right. I've gotten to know Joe some over the past year or so and, although he's a little opinionated at times, I enjoy his company and believe that he is an upright and honest citizen. He has been a valued member of this forum in the past and I hope will continue to be in the future. We all need to get this behind us so that we can continue doing what we do best; promoting the Lt and sharing information with each other so we can enjoy the ride.

Lynn Keen
North East Florida
MSF #28271 Retired
'99 Canyon Red RETIRED AT 93,000 MI
'05 GRAPHITE METALLIC retired at 87,000 MI
'01 R1150 GS- totaled
'02 R1150 GS sold
'85 K100/EML sidecar sold
'11 R1200RT currently being enjoyed

post #24 of 46 Old Apr 25th, 2006, 7:27 pm

ditto
post #25 of 46 Old Apr 25th, 2006, 7:35 pm

You've got to... accentuate the positive!

Yep... I'm with Lynn, and Tom (earlier), and Joe ('talk to me first')...

Talk about the action, not the person (you know, don't make it "personal")...

Who we are is about how we hang together as a group (make right, forgive, forget), learn from each other (I sure did this past week). We hung together when we helped Bill pick up his crashed bike & get it on his trailer (and happy he seemed ok). Ok, he was probably in too high a gear... Heck, even John used his front brake in a corner a week ago (and he's ok too, thankfully). Those were much bigger deals, don't you think?

This is a good group of people - all of you, and our hosts John & Charlene. Remember that! It was my first interaction w/ you all and I loved it. I think it was all over too soon, that's all *grin*.

Cheers,
Yarko
post #26 of 46 Old Apr 25th, 2006, 8:59 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by messenger13
No...evidentally I'm the only guy that messes up like this. But I do know that you find out who your real friends are when this kind of thing happens. Everyone's your friend when all goes well...or you're doing something FOR them. But slip up just a little bit, and WHAMO!!!
Joe, you have more friends here than you realize. Review the thread and you'll see that those who wanted a necktie party were in the vast minority. Most replies were similar to "let's see what it is and let the person take care of it".

You're not the only person to mess up. It was just your turn, and unfortunately it's "out there" for all to see.

And remember that friends will stand up for you (good man, Tom) and friends will also be honest with you and let you know when you mess up. Personally, I couldn't be happier to be reading your other thread this evening, to hear the rest of the story and to know you're on top of it. Good for you.

Howard Schisler
2015 BMW K1600GTL
2012 BMW F650GS (sold)

[/URL]
post #27 of 46 Old Apr 25th, 2006, 10:07 pm

Quote:
but the owner did make alot of money Wed. thru Sun. & offering the use of the garage is what will bring more rallies & venders there. .
I am glad the money made was brought up, Ironhorse in the past opens it garage to our LT group without charge.

Ironhorse donated the ice, coolers for our drinks and water.
Ironhorse donated two shirts, one CBS, one battery tender, one cycle blower and couple other items, for door prizes...
Ironhorse donated the snacks on the center table for enjoyment.
Ironhorse donated the use of the garage.
Ironhorse donated the meals for Susan Galpin,
Ironhorse donated the firewood for the group campfire.
Plus use of the lodge, movies, videos, pool table, internet... no charge

I furnished the lift...trailered in 130 miles and returned..
Tech guys brought the equipment and extra tools. (toy hauler and truck) at $3.00 per gal...

We managed to get about half the donations that we got last year, so three of us are out of pocket for around $600.00 to take up the slack...thanks to Ironhorse for cutting a better deal on some items...

BTW, did everyone put a tip in the tip cans for the staff..there source of income? I sure we did...?
Did you buy a T-Shirt from Ironhorse?

Made a lot of money... I wish they had...that's what there in business for...

Don G Norwood
2015 G650GS, 1998 1200 C

"Oh Lord I pray, Just let me live long enough to do everything they say I have done"
post #28 of 46 Old Apr 25th, 2006, 10:29 pm

Don I know you worked your a^& off & you put on a great event. The owners made money & that's great too, I'm not against that. The Club House was very nice, you can sit, watch T.V., drink free coffee & eat free breakfast in most hotels, that's part of the business. They sold some great meals, it was nice of them to let us eat them at their tables. The staff did a good job of taking care of everyone, the place was very clean, & they went out of their way to make everybody comfortable. Thanks again Don for all your work.
post #29 of 46 Old Apr 26th, 2006, 6:36 am Thread Starter

Quote:

And remember that friends will stand up for you (good man, Tom) and friends will also be honest with you and let you know when you mess up. Personally, I couldn't be happier to be reading your other thread this evening, to hear the rest of the story and to know you're on top of it. Good for you.
well had he been home already I know I wouldn't have had the need to say a word, But I also knew he didn't leave here (My House which was much further south) early and he took the long way home, so I knew he had not seen any of this at that time. I also knew he would take care of any issue he created. To be honest I think it got a little carried away.

and now in my bestest Forest Gumpo voice

That's all I got to say about that........

Tom

post #30 of 46 Old Apr 26th, 2006, 6:43 am

Quote:
To be honest I think it got a little carried away.
Oh ya think?!?!
post #31 of 46 Old Apr 26th, 2006, 6:49 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by messenger13
Oh ya think?!?!
I try not to think very often, in fact thinking is why I got stuck here another dag blasted day!

Hey Jo sorry I forgot to remind US about that BURNOUT , I just got to BS'n with everyone.

Tom

post #32 of 46 Old Apr 26th, 2006, 6:55 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDragon
Joe, it's a blood sugar thing!
We all had been grazing on CBS and Sweet Tea for several days
Now THAT's funny!!! I came home and slept for 12 hours...like some hungover junkie.
post #33 of 46 Old Apr 26th, 2006, 7:01 am Thread Starter

Quote:
I am glad the money made was brought up, Ironhorse in the past opens it garage to our LT group without charge.

Ironhorse donated the ice, coolers for our drinks and water.
Ironhorse donated two shirts, one CBS, one battery tender, one cycle blower and couple other items, for door prizes...
Ironhorse donated the snacks on the center table for enjoyment.
Ironhorse donated the use of the garage.
Ironhorse donated the meals for Susan Galpin,
Ironhorse donated the firewood for the group campfire.
Plus use of the lodge, movies, videos, pool table, internet... no charge

I furnished the lift...trailered in 130 miles and returned..
Tech guys brought the equipment and extra tools. (toy hauler and truck) at $3.00 per gal...

We managed to get about half the donations that we got last year, so three of us are out of pocket for around $600.00 to take up the slack...thanks to Ironhorse for cutting a better deal on some items...

BTW, did everyone put a tip in the tip cans for the staff..there source of income? I sure we did...?
Did you buy a T-Shirt from Ironhorse?
Of course, it's one of my pet peeves.

Although I only bought 4 dinners pulled pork and a chicken something fri night, ribeye and a salmon saturday night, and one ice cream and a few Ice tea's there. I wasn't there for lunch either day I was there, Well heck I didn't get there until late friday afternoon (about 3:30 I think), Saturday I did not eat breakfast at all.

and I still spent a chunk of change between it all. and it was worth every penny. I'll drop ya a check for a hundred bucks after my next payday to help off set your costs some more Don, I hate to see ya out 600 bucks and not get any extra for the childrens home thing you like to do

Just pm me your snail mail address ok or call me with it.

Tom

Tom

post #34 of 46 Old Apr 26th, 2006, 8:35 am

Quote:
Don, as I mentioned to you before I left Iron Horse, If you need anything please let me know. If you'll email or PM me your address I'd be pleased to send a donation to help offset the deficit. There is absolutely no reason why you should be "out of pocket" for this event.

Lynn Keen
North East Florida
MSF #28271 Retired
'99 Canyon Red RETIRED AT 93,000 MI
'05 GRAPHITE METALLIC retired at 87,000 MI
'01 R1150 GS- totaled
'02 R1150 GS sold
'85 K100/EML sidecar sold
'11 R1200RT currently being enjoyed

Last edited by DaveDragon; Apr 26th, 2006 at 8:53 am. Reason: fix the quote
post #35 of 46 Old Apr 26th, 2006, 10:42 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn_Keen
...If you'll email or PM me your address I'd be pleased to send a donation to help offset the deficit. There is absolutely no reason why you should be "out of pocket" for this event.
Same here. This was my first event and we had a blast. Don, you did a great job. Denise and I are looking forward to the next STC.

Malcolm McGee
Little Rock, AR
'00 K1200LTC Canyon Red
'09 Kawasaki KLR 650
'96 Bunkhouse
IBA #24557
BMWMOA #117769

post #36 of 46 Old Apr 26th, 2006, 11:00 am

RE: Out of Pocket

Don -

I gave you some change when you asked for it during STC. It being my first event, I was without bearings - no idea what you were expecting.

Suggestion: It's nice to make a fee "optional" but I shouldn't be reading minds for what is appropriate. Could you post a "suggested donation" when you ask?

If you posted that now, I'll up the ante. I'm not comfortable w/ just a few participants throwing in $100 here and $100 there to take the 'out of pocket' load off of you.

Thanks for a great event, Don.

Yarko.
post #37 of 46 Old Apr 26th, 2006, 11:35 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaklt
.. Could you post a "suggested donation" when you ask?

If you posted that now, I'll up the ante. I'm not comfortable w/ just a few participants throwing in $100 here and $100 there to take the 'out of pocket' load off of you.

Yarko.
Ditto

2018 K1600GTL
2012 K1600GTL (retired)
2003 K1200LT (retired)

IBA # 35048
post #38 of 46 Old Apr 26th, 2006, 12:25 pm

Stc

OH My

Let me see what I spent.

Room= $300.98
Dinners= 6
Breakfasts= 6
lunch= 1
coffees= 9
CBS = 6
mic-o- pegs= not sure but I bought a set and had them installed
blue donations jar $20.........????
shirts from the Iron horse = $104 and change
Room Tip= $10 left on night stand
Food Tips Not sure...the odd money from the meals

I agree no one should lose money by setting up the STC event.

Please, Please let us know what the cost to host this event and we as a group will make sure all those expensives will be met. With out a doubt

Damn.....That really makes me feel bad!
I did not know what the blue jar was for....thought it was for the bottle water and other small amenities.. I do not drink the bottle water or eat the odd snacks.........Just Drink Decaf coffee like crazy

I will be glad to send you a $100.00 also..just email me your address

Joey Fletcher
Durham NC
2001 LT name Dolly because she is so dang Top Heavy
2005 Triumph Rocket III
Access to 2005 SE V-Rod
post #39 of 46 Old Apr 26th, 2006, 12:32 pm

Talking

Room= $300.98
Dinners= 6
Breakfasts= 6
lunch= 1
coffees= 9
CBS = 6

Beating a Rocket III with my raggedy ol' Ninja = PRICELESS!!!

post #40 of 46 Old Apr 26th, 2006, 12:42 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey
OH My

Let me see what I spent.

Room= $300.98
Dinners= 6
Breakfasts= 6
lunch= 1
coffees= 9
CBS = 6

I agree no one should lose money by setting up the STC event.

Please, Please let us know what the cost to host this event and we as a group will make sure all those expensives will be met. With out a doubt

Damn.....That really makes me feel bad!
I did not know what the blue jar was for....thought it was for the bottle water and other small amenities.. I do not drink the bottle water or eat the odd snacks.........Just Drink Decaf coffee like crazy

I will be glad to send you a $100.00 also..just email me your address
STC II is over… done deal…let move on..

I have a suggestion for donations… see my thread called STC II and Future STC,

Don G Norwood
2015 G650GS, 1998 1200 C

post #41 of 46 Old Apr 26th, 2006, 12:43 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaygee
Ditto

Don G Norwood
2015 G650GS, 1998 1200 C

post #42 of 46 Old Apr 26th, 2006, 12:46 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaklt
Don -

I gave you some change when you asked for it during STC. It being my first event, I was without bearings - no idea what you were expecting.

Suggestion: It's nice to make a fee "optional" but I shouldn't be reading minds for what is appropriate. Could you post a "suggested donation" when you ask?

Yarko.
Yarko, I remember you asking me and thanks for your donations.. Maybe I should have set an amount... but

Don G Norwood
2015 G650GS, 1998 1200 C

post #43 of 46 Old Apr 26th, 2006, 12:48 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod
Same here. This was my first event and we had a blast. Don, you did a great job. Denise and I are looking forward to the next STC.
Great meeting you guys... thanks for being there...

Don G Norwood
2015 G650GS, 1998 1200 C

post #44 of 46 Old Apr 26th, 2006, 2:00 pm

Just a few short bike lenth....and yes you did give me 2 bike lenths head start.
But seeing me gain on you at 140 plus...Now that is PRICELESS

wonder what the mail lady thought and the dude with the LONGGGGG Sloooooww Pick up thought....LOL

Joey Fletcher
Durham NC
2005 Triumph Rocket III
Access to 2005 SE V-Rod
post #45 of 46 Old Apr 26th, 2006, 2:04 pm

Joey!!! SSHHHhhhh.....

(You're not supposed to post numbers!)
post #46 of 46 Old Apr 26th, 2006, 2:29 pm

But everyone knows we both .....Fibbbb.......

Joey Fletcher
Durham NC
2005 Triumph Rocket III
Access to 2005 SE V-Rod

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in