STC II ... I am pissed!!!! - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 Old Apr 24th, 2006, 10:51 am Thread Starter

STC II ... I am pissed!!!!

Monday morning, I am doing the last minute cleanup and collecting thing...

I am so mad...forget the spelling but... there is a burn out in the Garage area...

I know who did it....you know too!!!! I was informed by the Owners this morning of this burn out... that's the reason the parking lot is not paved as well....

This is not our property....the garages belong to Ironhorse, we get full use FREE, but it only takes one stupid CHILDLESS act to screw up everything for the entire group....

NO names called...

WE don't need you to attend again... I am so disappointed in you...

End of Story...

Don G Norwood
11 R1200GSA w/DMC sidecar Radio Flyer IV
2015 G650GS, 1998 1200 C

"Oh Lord I pray, Just let me live long enough to do everything they say I have done"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old Apr 24th, 2006, 10:56 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaLT
Monday morning, I am doing the last minute cleanup and collecting thing...

I am so mad...forget the spelling but... there is a burn out in the Garage area...

I know who did it....you know too!!!! I was informed by the Owners this morning of this burn out... that's the reason the parking lot is not paved as well....

This is not our property....the garages belong to Ironhorse, we get full use FREE, but it only takes one stupid CHILDLESS act to screw up everything for the entire group....

NO names called...

WE don't need you to attend again... I am so disappointed in you...

End of Story...
Sad deal, Don. Now you git to see what that person is truly made of!!
post #3 of 22 Old Apr 24th, 2006, 11:03 am

DARN! I thought this group was above that childishness. I think there are 8,980 of our 8,981 list members that are really upset that ONE of our group could be so damned STUPID! Brings our collective IQ level down a couple notches.

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work...I want to achieve it through not dying.

David Shealey
Dandridge, TN
EX: '01 Black LT, BAT BYKE (Totaled at 110,000 miles)
IBA SS, BB, BBG, 10/10ths.
No bike now, but maybe in the future.

post #4 of 22 Old Apr 24th, 2006, 11:05 am

Burn out ???

Sorry to hear you have to leave the event so upset. What do you mean "burn out" is it like when we were kids and smoked our rear wheel ???

Whatever it means try to let it go and remember the laughs and fellowship instead. If some $$$ will help clean up any mess send me a pm and I'll gladly contribute my share.

Matt
post #5 of 22 Old Apr 24th, 2006, 11:09 am

That doesn't reflect well on any and all of us, obviously.

So.... let's make the responsible (or should I say "irresponsible"?) party take care of it. He returns to Iron Horse Lodge, removes it (whatever it takes, if it can be done), or pays to have it removed or have the floor repainted, etc.

Howard Schisler
2015 BMW K1600GTL
2009 BMW K1200LT - 60k miles
2012 BMW F650GS (sold)
2005 BMW K1200LT - "Gray Ghost", traded at 120k miles
2005 Honda Shadow 650 (sold)
AMA, IBA, BMW MOA. CCRs: Braselton 2006, Osage Beach 2007, Duluth 2012

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[/URL]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 22 Old Apr 24th, 2006, 12:56 pm Thread Starter

I booked the lodge and place and I plan on cleanning the floor before I leave.. so I haven't left yet !!... what will clean it... the floor is painted and concrete?

BTW, the LT didn't do the burnout... a guy that brought his other bike did the burnout...as report to me by the owner of Ironhorse this morning in my final settle-up with them...

they are not happy and I'm not either!!!!!

Don G Norwood
2015 G650GS, 1998 1200 C

"Oh Lord I pray, Just let me live long enough to do everything they say I have done"

Last edited by DaveDragon; Apr 24th, 2006 at 2:10 pm.
post #7 of 22 Old Apr 24th, 2006, 2:16 pm

Hey Don, Acetone will take it off..... with some work.

When we were building our house a painter did a burnout in my gearage: stained concrete floor. He was one fired bastige.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-

Grok
post #8 of 22 Old Apr 24th, 2006, 3:13 pm

Yeah, but if it's a painted floor. it probably melted the top layer of paint and burned right through maybe? It musta happened after we left yesterday morning. I'll have to look for it, but I've got a Ranger Neck Tie that'll fit him.

Al Hennigan
'03 Anthracite LTE
'09 GS Adventure
Middle Tennessee

Last edited by Ranger6; Apr 24th, 2006 at 3:22 pm.
post #9 of 22 Old Apr 24th, 2006, 3:33 pm

Don:

If I wasn't so far away I would help ya clean it up. Let me know if you need extra funds to repaint the floor.

Sure hope those fime folks at Ironhorse don't think we are all that way.

Chick

Saved by Grace -- Ephesians 2:8-9

2005 Graphite LT

BMWMOA #118809

NRA Life Member

post #10 of 22 Old Apr 24th, 2006, 5:04 pm

Reputations are so hard to buildup and so easy to knockdown. Sorry you had to be a responsible party to this person's destructive actions; at least a responsible party is there to make it right.
post #11 of 22 Old Apr 24th, 2006, 6:36 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chick
Don:

If I wasn't so far away I would help ya clean it up. Let me know if you need extra funds to repaint the floor.

Sure hope those fime folks at Ironhorse don't think we are all that way.
Same sentiment here, Don. Let US ALL know what needs to be done.

If acetone takes it off then a fresh coat of paint should make it right. Perhaps if you can share the owners' address we could individually send them thank-you notes with an apology on behalf of our group.

I'm hoping the responsible party realizes what's been done and makes it right.

Howard Schisler
2015 BMW K1600GTL
2009 BMW K1200LT - 60k miles
2012 BMW F650GS (sold)
2005 BMW K1200LT - "Gray Ghost", traded at 120k miles
2005 Honda Shadow 650 (sold)
AMA, IBA, BMW MOA. CCRs: Braselton 2006, Osage Beach 2007, Duluth 2012

[/URL]
post #12 of 22 Old Apr 24th, 2006, 7:47 pm

I have been reading the updates about the STC and did not think I was going to read this, however I will like to add to the funds to clean the mess if it cost money.
post #13 of 22 Old Apr 24th, 2006, 8:10 pm

Unhappy A dang shame

Don

I will be glad to share in the cost to have it repaired to better than it was.
We do not just want to make it as good as it was!

Joey Fletcher
Durham NC
2001 LT name Dolly because she is so dang Top Heavy
2005 Triumph Rocket III
Access to 2005 SE V-Rod
post #14 of 22 Old Apr 24th, 2006, 8:28 pm

Don I'll be glad to help in any way. Let me know when the work day is and I'll do my best to get there to help.

NOGILLS2

Booze Brother# 69
2003 K1200LTE "BEERBURNER" RIP 07/21/09
2006 Aluma Trailer "AFTERBURNER" SOLD
2007 ST1300ABS "Quicksilver"

post #15 of 22 Old Apr 24th, 2006, 9:00 pm

Sorry to hear about some moron showing such disrespect and low regard toward our host. I"ll be happy to kick in on the funds to help rebuild our good name, and show our hosts that this is something totaly out of line.
I do however hope, that whoever did this will be held accountable!
Don, you have out done yourself with all the hard work..don't let this get to you !
post #16 of 22 Old Apr 24th, 2006, 10:28 pm Thread Starter

Folks..

Thank you for your post and PMs today, I got home about 8 PM tonight.. this has been a stressful day to say the least… I will response with a thread in a few days… I want to see what this person is really made of….

John and Charlene Powell, owners of Ironhorse Lodge are great folks, besides being LTs owners themselves and will attending their first CCR also.. I am totally embarrassed by the actions of this person…. I prefer not to call names at this point…or post pictures.

To the person that did a spin out (burnout) in the center bay garage area at Ironhorse:

OK, it’s your turn; I expect an explanation of your actions.

Don G Norwood
2015 G650GS, 1998 1200 C

post #17 of 22 Old Apr 25th, 2006, 2:12 pm

Don,
I really don't want to weigh in on this "burn out" thing but I do want to take a second to thank you for all of your effort in putting this STC together. The entire event was well planned and well executed, thanks to you and whomever else was involved. Please know that because of your dedication to the event and your actions after the fact, it is very clear to all involved that you are a man that both deserves and has earned our respect and our thanks. While we can't be responsible for the actions of others, the fact that you spent even more of your time to preserve the good name of the group speaks to your commitment. It was a pleasure to meet you and I look forward to a ride together in the near future.

Be Safe

Larry
Rochester Hills, MI

05 LT
96 HD Softail
00 HD Wide Glide
07 HD Road King (Cop Bike)
75 Honda 550 (wife's restored baby)
post #18 of 22 Old Apr 25th, 2006, 6:55 pm

Don, I have submitted my formal statements. I apologized there, and here. I am sorry. Truly, truly sorry. I will make it right with the Iron Horse.

I just wish you would have come to me first. I thought we were tighter than this.
post #19 of 22 Old Apr 25th, 2006, 7:31 pm

'nough said, well done....
post #20 of 22 Old Apr 25th, 2006, 7:59 pm

Joe,
We just got home and started reading this stuff. Don probably posted in anger, as we all do occasionally. Don said a person not on their LT which brought about 8 people to mind. The top person in our mind was the person doing a burnout on a video that was on the big screen on a British bike. Sorry Joey.

So did we miss something or did a friend out you?

We know you will make it good (and learn a little more about life), so your good in our book.

Vicki and Rick
post #21 of 22 Old Apr 25th, 2006, 8:11 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by messenger13
I just wish you would have come to me first. I thought we were tighter than this.
Yes, I wish you had come to me in first and told me about the mess in the garage and not let me hear it from the owners.

Don G Norwood
2015 G650GS, 1998 1200 C

post #22 of 22 Old Apr 26th, 2006, 10:22 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by TandemCyclist
We know you will make it good (and learn a little more about life), so your good in our book.

Vicki and Rick
Rick, I enjoyed talking with you and Vicki a lot. You're a special couple indeed...and a lot of fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey
PS....Joe is still my Hero
Your addiction to speed makes you one, sick puppy.

Oh...and remember:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in