BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Home Bound

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  pkpr1998 
#1 ·
Well Miss E and I Departed IornHorse today just after lunchtime. I sat in the parking lot while the gps saught a route home, when it finished I didnt pay much attention to the route, we just took off. The next thing we new we were on "The Dragon" loaded. It was funny cause I told Miss E that I really wanted to ride "The Dragon" again, alone, anyway was not a lot of traffic, was passed by one bike and almost at the end had a Honda car on my tail. It was a blast after hearing Sue talk about technique and how to. I used as much of it as I could, still need more practice, I managed to scrap the center stand in many turns, at first it surprised me but it got less exciting and I continued to concentrate. I will never be a racer but we sure had fun.

We ended up in Nashville and decided to ride the Natchez Trace home. We both are ready for a quiet ride home after "The Dragon" and the Interstate.I think the interstate is harder than "The Dragon" At least most of the folks on "The Dragon" are in the same frame of mind and thier is no guessing what they are going to do next.

We had lots of time to meet and visit with many of the members at STCII cause of all the rain. although we did get to ride in the afternoon. Also with Sue's lecture on bike handling I have learned to trust the LT and not be afraid of it as much as I was.

I am really looking forward to CCR. To seeing many of you again and meeting more of you.

See less See more
#2 ·
Harry & I left Two Wheel Inn about 9:00 AM, just got home. All sunshine after Chattanooga.

#3 ·
Glad you made it home okay. We did not have any rain to deal with, left after the rain. Today should be an easy day of riding. I enjoyed meeting Harry.

#6 ·
Sunday morning in the Bible Belt, you will have the Natchez Trace all to yourself.

#7 ·
We are not taking the direct way home as we are now in Birmingham Al. We will make it home today though! We stopped and had diner with my sister in Tuscumbia last night. We also now have almost the whole Natchez Trace complete. Lots of bikes out on the Trace. Not sure what direction we will take yet. Can you tell Miss E is not in any hurry to get home.

#8 ·
It was good to meet our Cajun friends. Make it home safely to Hammond and we will see y'all at Chateua Elan.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.