Hey!!! - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old Apr 21st, 2006, 3:17 pm Thread Starter

Hey!!!

So what the hell is going on down there at STC????

You boy's sure are quiet.

Chocolate fudge brownie ice cream hang overs, or what?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Grok
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old Apr 21st, 2006, 3:41 pm
IBR# 366

Garage
Sweet Tea induced sugar comas?

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #3 of 18 Old Apr 21st, 2006, 3:52 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by meese
Sweet Tea induced sugar comas?
Sweet Tea AND chocolate fudge brownie sundaes at the same time?

Oh lordy, we won't hear from them for days.

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work...I want to achieve it through not dying.

David Shealey
Dandridge, TN
EX: '01 Black LT, BAT BYKE (Totaled at 110,000 miles)
IBA SS, BB, BBG, 10/10ths.
No bike now, but maybe in the future.

post #4 of 18 Old Apr 21st, 2006, 5:26 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshealey
Sweet Tea AND chocolate fudge brownie sundaes at the same time?

Oh lordy, we won't hear from them for days.
Mayhaps some banjo playing on the side of the crick? Ska-wheeeeeel.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-

Grok
post #5 of 18 Old Apr 21st, 2006, 7:09 pm

Hey, that ain't funny! My wife saw Deliverance right after we got married and we STILL cannot go camping, hiking, fishing, or anything!!!! Dang movie....
post #6 of 18 Old Apr 21st, 2006, 10:14 pm

Reporting in from STC!!

Well, we're all here (have been here for the past couple of days, or more in some cases). The weather is also here. Lots of rain. "Intermittent showers" was forecast for today; lots of rain, not much pauses between rain. Late today was decent. Heavy rain/Tstorms expected tonight; supposed to be nice (finally!) Sat. afternoon.

Some good riding has been going on, of course, and Susan Galpin (LD mileage slave) has given a talk the past 2 evenings. VERY interesting, educational, and entertaining.

I've met lots of BMWLT notables: Dave Dragon, Don Norwood, Don Major, and several whose names I don't recall at this moment. This is my first chance to get online since I arrived Thursday afternoon. Joe (messenger13) is here on his Ninja, of course. Joe is... being Joe. Several guys are enjoying their CBSs (Chocolate Brownie Sundaes).

I came here expecting nothing in the way of installed goodies. Yesterday I bought Jpegs from a guy who didn't want them any more; the Mick-o-Pegs team put them on my LT and THEN installed MOPs. Sweet. With all the curves in this part of the world I've been afraid to use them yet!

A Motolights rep arrived tonight and will be doing installs tomorrow. Hmmm.... maybe I'll swap my white bulbs for those amber bulbs that really stand out.

I've seen lots of farkles, mod, and creative things on LTs since I've been here. Lots of ideas for the future...

During a break in the rain my wife and I rode to Fontana Dam, Fontana Village, and checked out Robbinsville. Tomorrow, after the rain leaves, we want to ride the Cherohala Skyway and FINALLY I'll get to ride the Dragon.

That's about it for now. I'm sure others will have more to say. Online access is available at the Iron Horse Lodge (HQ motel), but most guys are checking the weather, news, their investments, etc.

Later!

Howard Schisler
2015 BMW K1600GTL
2009 BMW K1200LT - 60k miles
2012 BMW F650GS (sold)
2005 BMW K1200LT - "Gray Ghost", traded at 120k miles
2005 Honda Shadow 650 (sold)
AMA, IBA, BMW MOA. CCRs: Braselton 2006, Osage Beach 2007, Duluth 2012

[/URL]
post #7 of 18 Old Apr 21st, 2006, 11:50 pm

One explanation for the lack of posts from STC is that the Ironhorse PC is out of order. Last year it was in constant use. As a result, only those who brought laptops are able to communicate.
post #8 of 18 Old Apr 22nd, 2006, 6:06 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcarter
One explanation for the lack of posts from STC is that the Ironhorse PC is out of order. Last year it was in constant use. As a result, only those who brought laptops are able to communicate.
Yabut, last year it looked like a geek convention: a lot of us had laptops.

-=grif=-

Grok
post #9 of 18 Old Apr 25th, 2006, 6:23 am

Isn't it interesting how it can be so different! The problem was the eating, drinking, talking, eating, sitting, eating, sleeping, and visiting. Also with the cloud cover the sat link was out as much as it worked.

That sure was a good ride paw paw! even with the rain it was a good trip.

NOGILLS2

Booze Brother# 69
2003 K1200LTE "BEERBURNER" RIP 07/21/09
2006 Aluma Trailer "AFTERBURNER" SOLD
2007 ST1300ABS "Quicksilver"

post #10 of 18 Old Apr 25th, 2006, 7:27 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by grifscoots
So what the hell is going on down there at STC????

You boy's sure are quiet.

Chocolate fudge brownie ice cream hang overs, or what?
No the brownie I got was hard as a rock, I couldn't even cut it with a fork it covered in Ice Cream.

Everyone was quite cause it rained like cats and dogs, then everyone went out riding theat learned someting from Susan. Skippy visited one evening and everyone ran and hid

Susan Galpin had everyone in stiches most of the time

Don gives good party. Dragon was fun as usual so was Lynn even though trailers are for boats since this year there was no snow <big grin>

there was a fellow that showed up that made th elt look like a moped, it's the first time I have even seen someone stand up with both legs over the seat and have like a foot between his seat and his legs! wish I could have talked to him more, seemed like a neat guy.

OH OH OH OH
PHILS a Cracker!

Tom

'07 GS Adv (mine), '06 GS <(My brides)
(the only bmw's in the stable)
post #11 of 18 Old Apr 25th, 2006, 5:35 pm

Griff, for whatever has already been said, the rest is a secret! You will have to come again and join in on the LT games!

Brett
2003 K1200LTC SOLD
2013 K1600GTL SOLD
2018 K1600GA SOLD
2019 K1600GA Blue

North Georgia

2005 CCR-Tetons
2006 CCR-Braselton
2008 CCR-Midway
2009 CCR-Rapid City
2011 CCR-Boise
2012 CCR-Duluth
2014 CCR-Chattanooga
2015 CCR-Coeur d 'Alene

post #12 of 18 Old Apr 25th, 2006, 6:38 pm Thread Starter

Phhhhhbbbbtttt!!

-=grif=-

Grok
post #13 of 18 Old Apr 26th, 2006, 7:03 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by grifscoots
Phhhhhbbbbtttt!!

There will be slow races next time !, what was the best thing?

Susan hoping on a lt Bill hoping on the back all of us holding the bike up so she could take off, and catching her when she got back

Tom

post #14 of 18 Old Apr 26th, 2006, 8:04 am

My story...

Rode to Brett's on Tuesday. 640 miles of sunshine and smiles.

Got to the Iron Horse on Wednesday after riding about 50 miles through some of the hardest rain I've ever ridden through. That Ninja sure doesn't have the protection that the LT offers.

Thursday, I rode with Doug Hines on his GS. Boy, that guy can ride! Also rode with Larry and Joey (on his Rocket III). Joey won't be trash talking my Ninja anymore. Call it a hunch.

Friday, DaveDragon and I went out for a "sprited ride". Started out wet, ended wet, with about 170 miles of dry and CRAZY betwixt. More fun than two guys are allowed to have. And all under the posted speeds. Yea . . . RIGHT!!!

Saturday, I rode with Tom Gallo and his wife Karen. Tom showed us some excellent roads...great time. On the way back, I broke the land speed record for the area...then I let Tom ride my Ninja. I'll let him tell you about that experience.

Each night was filled with stories around the campfire. Met new friends...ribbed old ones...you know the deal.

Sunday I headed to T.W.O. with Tom & Karen, and Brett. It was so cool to see a few hundred bikes at one place...and only a few of them were Harleys. What an amazing array of bikes. Every make and model and type. And T.W.O.'s food is second-to-none!

Stayed at Tom's house Sunday night, then headed home Monday. Almost 800 miles in the saddle of a Ninja is a bit much. I slept like a baby Monday night...in my own bed!

Seven days, and almost 2,500 miles. Not too shabby on a Ninja.
post #15 of 18 Old Apr 26th, 2006, 8:37 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by messenger13

Saturday, I rode with Tom Gallo and his wife Karen. Tom showed us some excellent roads...great time. On the way back, I broke the land speed record for the area...then I let Tom ride my Ninja. I'll let him tell you about that experience.
yes he did, but he tied the shifter so I couldn't get it out of first!

<g>

Tom

post #16 of 18 Old Apr 26th, 2006, 1:35 pm

OH.............Really

So you and your soupped up 300 lb Kaw.ZX11
Jumped on an old fat man with a old wore out british bike. with foward controls that weighs in at 725 dry an me at 242 lbs.

Yes you did pull me by 6 to 8 bike lenths through 3, 4, 5

But I did run you down like a little "youngen". When your GPS said you were at 139

I was very surprised at how well your ninji did run through the gears

We both lucky we ain't in jail...It was all Don's fault!
Telling us about the only straight section of road in 100 miles....LOL

I enjoyed Larry, Don and you on that great ride we did Thursday. I hope we all can do it again some day. Thanks again for ya'll stopping and waiting on ol man to catch up

PS....lets try it again NEXT...STC III Hint hint

Joey Fletcher
Durham NC
2001 LT name Dolly because she is so dang Top Heavy
2005 Triumph Rocket III
Access to 2005 SE V-Rod
post #17 of 18 Old Apr 26th, 2006, 3:30 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey
OH.............Really

So you and your soupped up 300 lb Kaw.ZX11
Jumped on an old fat man with a old wore out british bike. with foward controls that weighs in at 725 dry an me at 242 lbs.

Yes you did pull me by 6 to 8 bike lenths through 3, 4, 5
after all he was a Prooooofessional, even had letter'n on the side

it said zx-11

<grin>

ya know that big bum wouldn't even let me take it out of first gear! <big grin>

I sure wish I had a prfessional right now though, i'm going nuts bewtween a PC issue and a dag blasted broken dryer I can't get out of the dang hole!

Tom

post #18 of 18 Old Apr 26th, 2006, 5:47 pm

See what u missed

Now Griff, these are only SOME of the stories that you missed. Joey & Joe ARE lucky they didn't end up in the clinker!

Joe never did let me ride his Ninja though! He was probably afraid that I would ride it better than him anyway! HAHA

Brett
2003 K1200LTC SOLD
2013 K1600GTL SOLD
2018 K1600GA SOLD
2019 K1600GA Blue

North Georgia

2005 CCR-Tetons
2006 CCR-Braselton
2008 CCR-Midway
2009 CCR-Rapid City
2011 CCR-Boise
2012 CCR-Duluth
2014 CCR-Chattanooga
2015 CCR-Coeur d 'Alene

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in