12K INfo - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old Apr 16th, 2006, 1:03 pm Thread Starter

12K INfo

Hi guys

I have a 2002 LTC with 10K miles on her right now. Have scheduled the 12K service with Blue Moon for May 3rd. ($800). That includes an annual.

The more I think about it the more it upsets me to pay for that service knowing that I can:

Change the Engine Oil and Filter
Change the Tranny Fluid
Change the Rear Drive Fluid
Change Air Filter
Change Spark Plugs

Leaving basically the Valve Job, MoDitec read outs, and annual.

Any of you out there interested in having a Tech Session and do at least the Valve Job on my bike, I am sure lots of us could learn how to do it, I would host it. I can than just have them do the Diagnostic and the annual. Which I don't even think an annual is all necessary I think it was done last August before I bought it, so I have at least until August. I was just going to have them do it since they are on the bike.

Let me know, I am in Cumming Area and again I would host it, need to also know if I need any special tools. Also would be better to hold it on a Saturday that way we can still ride down to Blue Moon for any parts we need.

Thanks a bunch let me know

Darcy Bastos
2007 FJR1300
2007 Ducati GT1000 Sport Classic
Atlanta, GA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old Apr 17th, 2006, 8:45 am

Darcy, Just up the road from you, the Spring Training Camp II for riders is Thursday -Saturday at Ironhorse Lodge www.ironhorsenc.com , if you get some free time come up and join us... we will have tech sessions in the mornings and free time in the afternoons... you can watch and join in on some tech sessions and see what you will need to do your 12K...

I don't think we have an opened slot for your bike's service, but you can see first hand what it takes to do your service, ask questions, see the tools needed and have fun in the process...

A great way to meet some of your neighbors in Georgia also.

Have a good day..

Don G Norwood
11 R1200GSA w/DMC sidecar Radio Flyer IV
2015 G650GS, 1998 1200 C

"Oh Lord I pray, Just let me live long enough to do everything they say I have done"
post #3 of 6 Old Apr 17th, 2006, 10:21 am

time well spent

Darcy,
Don's right on the money. It would be well worth your's or anyones time to attend the tech sessions this weekend. Wish i wasn't in the middle of moving or I would be there to. It's gonna be the place to be if you own an LT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaLT
Darcy, Just up the road from you, the Spring Training Camp II for riders is Thursday -Saturday at Ironhorse Lodge www.ironhorsenc.com , if you get some free time come up and join us... we will have tech sessions in the mornings and free time in the afternoons... you can watch and join in on some tech sessions and see what you will need to do your 12K...

I don't think we have an opened slot for your bike's service, but you can see first hand what it takes to do your service, ask questions, see the tools needed and have fun in the process...

A great way to meet some of your neighbors in Georgia also.

Have a good day..

looking around for a possible replacement

2001 K1200 LTC Mauve (Hi-Way Star) may she rest in peace!

CCR'2001 Hotsprings, AR., Sante Fe, NM., Gatlinberg, TN.
Breckinridge, CO., Grand Teton Nat. Prk, WY.
Chateau Elan, GA., Tan-a-Tar-A missed it!

post #4 of 6 Old Apr 17th, 2006, 10:41 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrehder
Darcy,
Don's right on the money. It would be well worth your's or anyones time to attend the tech sessions this weekend. Wish i wasn't in the middle of moving or I would be there to. It's gonna be the place to be if you own an LT.
John, if you can take a break from moving, head up our way.. I think there is a room available Saturday night only and maybe one bunkhouse room...

Don G Norwood
11 R1200GSA w/DMC sidecar Radio Flyer IV
2015 G650GS, 1998 1200 C

"Oh Lord I pray, Just let me live long enough to do everything they say I have done"
post #5 of 6 Old Apr 17th, 2006, 1:14 pm Thread Starter

Unhappy Not in town

Well that was my first thought, to come up and talk to you guys and watch it been done on another bike, issue is this weekend is my brother's BIG 40 B-Day in Tallahassee, and my dad, my brothers wife and I are going to be surprising him with his dream of all times, and R1150GS. He wants one forever but two kids, moving to FL and opening a new store has kept his time and money from buying one.

So my dad, sister-in-law and I are surprising him with the Bike, and off course who gets to ride it from ATL to Tallahassee on Friday, me. I found a great one for sale and picked up this weekend.

So this weekend I am out.

Thanks anyway, I am going to see what the cost for a Valve Job and Diagnostic is I am sure it will be cheaper than the whole service. And anything really has to be cheaper than $800.

Darcy Bastos
2007 FJR1300
2007 Ducati GT1000 Sport Classic
Atlanta, GA
post #6 of 6 Old Apr 18th, 2006, 6:02 pm

Smile would be nice

To make it up there Don! Just have to much to do right now. Have a brownie sunday for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaLT
John, if you can take a break from moving, head up our way.. I think there is a room available Saturday night only and maybe one bunkhouse room...

looking around for a possible replacement

2001 K1200 LTC Mauve (Hi-Way Star) may she rest in peace!

CCR'2001 Hotsprings, AR., Sante Fe, NM., Gatlinberg, TN.
Breckinridge, CO., Grand Teton Nat. Prk, WY.
Chateau Elan, GA., Tan-a-Tar-A missed it!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in