T.W.O. / Suches - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old Apr 2nd, 2006, 2:13 pm Thread Starter

T.W.O. / Suches

I rode up to TWO this past Saturday and man was it happening! Thought I would take a leasurely ride up there from Alpharetta with my teenage sister (monster) on the LT and was pleasantly surprised when I came up on TWO.

Buell was there in full force with demo rides for all who cared to take one. I have never seen TWO so crowded before. There were bikes parked everywhere. Even the BP station on the corner of 180 & 60 (50 yards away) had bikes parked everywhere.

I saw Tom's LT but couldn't find Tom. There were two others in addition to Tom's and mine. Not a bad showing for LTs...

Anyway, beautiful weather, great people and an awesome way to spend a couple of hours.

Marc

Marc
2012 White R1200 GS
2006 Gray BMW R1200GS (retired)
2003 Black BMW K1200LT (retired)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old Apr 2nd, 2006, 2:27 pm

Hi Marc,

Doug and I ran into a few guys just outside the Ocoee area at a fuel stop who were returning from TWO, and they said it was happening. I have got to get back down there...it's another place with great hosts and food.

Al Hennigan
'03 Anthracite LTE
'09 GS Adventure
Middle Tennessee
post #3 of 15 Old Apr 2nd, 2006, 9:59 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcf
I rode up to TWO this past Saturday and man was it happening! Thought I would take a leasurely ride up there from Alpharetta with my teenage sister (monster) on the LT and was pleasantly surprised when I came up on TWO.

Buell was there in full force with demo rides for all who cared to take one. I have never seen TWO so crowded before. There were bikes parked everywhere. Even the BP station on the corner of 180 & 60 (50 yards away) had bikes parked everywhere.

I saw Tom's LT but couldn't find Tom. There were two others in addition to Tom's and mine. Not a bad showing for LTs...

Anyway, beautiful weather, great people and an awesome way to spend a couple of hours.

Marc
Tom was riding the Buell version of the GS, I saw his post and review about it as well...

See you in a few days...

Don G Norwood
11 R1200GSA w/DMC sidecar Radio Flyer IV
2015 G650GS, 1998 1200 C

"Oh Lord I pray, Just let me live long enough to do everything they say I have done"

post #4 of 15 Old Apr 2nd, 2006, 10:37 pm Thread Starter

Al / Don - good to hear from you guys. I'm looking forward to seeing you both soon at the Ironhorse!

Marc
2012 White R1200 GS
post #5 of 15 Old Apr 3rd, 2006, 5:45 am

I got there around 12 noon. There was quite a crowd of folks there. My wife and I hung around for a few hours, mixing with folks before heading our for a great ride.

They did have one rider on the Buell demo rides that crashed and was airlifted. Did or does anyone know who this was or the condition of the rider?

Thanks,

Randal Tebeau
Blairsville, GA
CMA National Evangelist SE Region
BMWMOA, AMA, ABATE
2006 K1200LT
1996 F650
post #6 of 15 Old Apr 3rd, 2006, 11:59 pm Thread Starter

You know, I did see an ambulance going by on Saturday but didn't see/hear a helicopter. Was this particular accident on Saturday? It must have happened after I left because there was no mention of an accident while I was there. That is a real bummer for the rider. I hope he/she is okay.

Marc
2012 White R1200 GS
post #7 of 15 Old Apr 4th, 2006, 5:25 am

It happened after lunch time on Saturday. It was a lady. The ambulance brought her back to the school for the helicopter swap. I didn't ever find anyone that knew the condition of the injured person. I did see the bike over the side of the road, word was that she didn't leave the roadway nor hit a guardrail or tree so I am hoping/praying that the reason she was airlifted was because of the roads and ease of transportation.

Randal Tebeau
Blairsville, GA
BMWMOA, AMA, ABATE
2006 K1200LT
1996 F650
post #8 of 15 Old Apr 4th, 2006, 5:39 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcf

Marc
sorry I missed ya, I was there quite a while too, I did ride the Uselss so i was gone for a bit there, should ahd them holler for me <g>

Tom

Tom

'07 GS Adv (mine), '06 GS <(My brides)
(the only bmw's in the stable)
post #9 of 15 Old Apr 4th, 2006, 5:41 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdtebeau
I got there around 12 noon. There was quite a crowd of folks there. My wife and I hung around for a few hours, mixing with folks before heading our for a great ride.

They did have one rider on the Buell demo rides that crashed and was airlifted. Did or does anyone know who this was or the condition of the rider?

Thanks,

the rider that was air lifted was not on a demo ride, the demo ride was a gal that ran out across the street no inujury

the air lift was a guy that went off the mountain just north of suches someplace, a friend of mine saw that one!

Tom

post #10 of 15 Old Apr 4th, 2006, 12:05 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmgs
the rider that was air lifted was not on a demo ride, the demo ride was a gal that ran out across the street no inujury

the air lift was a guy that went off the mountain just north of suches someplace, a friend of mine saw that one!
Tom,

Sorry, but the air lift was a lady that crashed during a Buell Demo ride. It did happen just a couple of miles north of Suches on Hwy 60. Me and another gentleman helped the Demo trail rider get her bike turned around and headed back to town (she was quite shaken up). The Buell Guy was there surveying his damaged bike and discussing it with the LEO investigating the scene.

Anyway, the lady had a broken wrist and some other broken bones (possible ribs) and some burns. She is reportadly a member of WOW and a school teacher. She rode in her car to TWO then went on the demo rides. Still don't know her name but it appears that there were no super serious injuries.

Randal Tebeau
Blairsville, GA
BMWMOA, AMA, ABATE
2006 K1200LT
1996 F650
post #11 of 15 Old Apr 4th, 2006, 2:49 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdtebeau
Tom,

Sorry, but the air lift was a lady that crashed during a Buell Demo ride. It did happen just a couple of miles north of Suches on Hwy 60. Me and another gentleman helped the Demo trail rider get her bike turned around and headed back to town (she was quite shaken up). The Buell Guy was there surveying his damaged bike and discussing it with the LEO investigating the scene.

Anyway, the lady had a broken wrist and some other broken bones (possible ribs) and some burns. She is reportadly a member of WOW and a school teacher. She rode in her car to TWO then went on the demo rides. Still don't know her name but it appears that there were no super serious injuries.
shoot that must have been another one then all together....

I guess it was a busy weekend up there for the life flight team

Tom

post #12 of 15 Old Apr 6th, 2006, 6:38 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmgs

Don't look at me, I was in LA

I do my own stunts
post #13 of 15 Old Apr 6th, 2006, 8:55 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by belga1976
Don't look at me, I was in LA

so did ya do any stunts while there?

<grin>

tom

Tom

post #14 of 15 Old Apr 6th, 2006, 11:52 am

no a stunt that's going to make me move permanently up there

I do my own stunts
post #15 of 15 Old Apr 7th, 2006, 7:38 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by belga1976
no a stunt that's going to make me move permanently up there

yer movin?

where?

When?

Tom

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in