Charlotte Bike Show - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old Feb 17th, 2013, 4:32 pm Thread Starter
Enjoy The Ride

Charlotte Bike Show

A group of us is meeting at the Light Rail Restaurant in Charlotte for breakfast at 9:00 am on Sat. & then riding to the free motorcycle parking at the NASCAR Hall of Fame across the street from the convention center. We will leave from the restaurant about 10:00 am. Feel free to join us.

Light Rail Restaurant
8045 South Blvd.
Charlotte NC 28210
704-643-2121

Dave Selvig
2004 Black LT
2000 Canon Red LT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old Feb 17th, 2013, 5:17 pm

Re: Charlotte Bike Show

Hope to see you there.

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying " I'll try again tomorrow".

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 5:22 am

Back is out, won't be riding for a few again. Enjoy the show.

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying " I'll try again tomorrow".

post #4 of 9 Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 2:50 pm Thread Starter
Enjoy The Ride

I didn't go to the show last year but I was told it was about 40% smaller this year. There wasn't very many vendors there. Some guy tried selling me some anti-fog goo for my glasses & visor. He cleaned my glasses & put his product on them & guess what I could still make my glasses fog up on my ride home. I'm glad I didn't buy any of that crap for $20.

Dave Selvig
2004 Black LT
2000 Canon Red LT

post #5 of 9 Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 7:47 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddleman
I didn't go to the show last year but I was told it was about 40% smaller this year. There wasn't very many vendors there. Some guy tried selling me some anti-fog goo for my glasses & visor. He cleaned my glasses & put his product on them & guess what I could still make my glasses fog up on my ride home. I'm glad I didn't buy any of that crap for $20.
Hey, Dave - that guy makes all the Home and Garden shows around the country too. Don't know how he can be in 30 places at oncet, butt there he is!! Booth is right near the WowSham guy!!
post #6 of 9 Old Feb 24th, 2013, 7:41 am

Those guys were on very corner and if they hadn't been there. The show might not have any vendors at all. I was disappointed with the size of the show this year, it looked like it was down about 40%. The vendors that were there: they were working hard and were happy to answer any question. I hope the show stays in Charlotte but I guess only time will tell.

Michael Dale
post #7 of 9 Old Feb 24th, 2013, 9:53 pm

I'm thinking that by the time the show gets to Charlotte, the vendors are all burned out and don't show up. Maybe we should consider going to the show in Atlanta when it comes around again.

Even if it wasn't a good show, we'd be riding!

Lee
Y2K K1200 LT Canyon Red - Torn apart by a Bimmer 11-10-10. Sold to Saddleman to be reanimated.
2005 K1200 LT Ocean Blue
ATGATT
CCR 2009, CCR 2010, CCR 2012
IBA #39250
SS1000 - September 2009
BB1500 - September 2009
BMW MOA #167909
post #8 of 9 Old Feb 25th, 2013, 8:18 am

A weekend in Atlanta. I'm in......

Michael Dale
post #9 of 9 Old Feb 25th, 2013, 8:30 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee510
I'm thinking that by the time the show gets to Charlotte, the vendors are all burned out and don't show up.
I worked at few trade shows for a couple of years and they are tough. On your feet for hours, going over the same thing, for hours. It can really wear your ass out. At the end of one really long show a co-worker told me that I had just zoned out talking with the last prospect. I remember thinking - I was talking with someone?

Greg

Airwolf - 2018 K1600GTL (planned acquisition!)
2005 Charcoal LT - 48K
2003 Antracite LT - 76K
2001 R1200C 24K
1999 Honda Magna - 5K (RIP)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in