35th Annual Boone Rally Aug 10-12 - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old May 29th, 2012, 7:59 pm Thread Starter
Enjoy The Ride

35th Annual Boone Rally Aug 10-12

Join us at the 35th annual Dan'l Boone Rally in Boone North Carolina Augest 10th - 12th 2012. This is held at the highest altitude ( almost 4000') KOA campground east of the Mississippi river with cool temps.

The 35th Annual Daniel Boone Rally!

August 10th – 12th, 2012

“Great Riding Roads, Hospitality and Camaraderie in Cool NC Mountain Air”

The Carolinas BMW Motorcycle Owners Association invites you to join us again for the 35th Annual Boone Rally; Held each year in the cool air at 4,000 ft. elevation in Boone , NC . http://koa.com/campgrounds/boone/ Motorcycle riders from every state and Canada have enjoyed arguably the best riding anywhere. We welcome all Riders and All Brands and have plenty of room for everyone! The Rally is also known for People’s Choice awards for classic/vintage motorcycles that are ridden in.
This Daniel Boone Rally is unique in that is just minutes away from the 470 mile long Blue Ridge Parkway and other great mountain roads of three states make up your riding playground – North Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia. West Virginia and Kentucky are a bit of a stretch but possible.
The $40 Rally Fee* Includes:

· Friday and Saturday night camping
•Rally Pin for first 200 attendees •5 tickets for Door Prizes •Catered BBQ dinner on Saturday •Donuts & Coffee – Saturday & Sunday Mornings •24hr Coffee, Tea, Hot Chocolate

The Best Extras:

•Self-Guided Route Sheets; including Dual Sport Routes
•Free Vendor Spaces •Rest Rooms with Hot Showers •Gourmet Hamburger Vendor (Friday Evening) •Free Wi-Fi – Newspapers •Swimming Pool

At The Gate Rally Fees:
August 12 arrival – $45 per person (includes all rally activities)

August 11th arrival – $55 per person (includes extra night camping, hot dog dinner on Thursday and all other rally activities)
The Boone Rally has great Sponsors! We ask that when possible, please support the Boone Rally Sponsors. Their generosity year-after-after is the highlight of this motorcycle rally. Just ask any of those that attend…
* Advance Registration is $40 till August 3rd.

Dave Selvig
2004 Black LT
2000 Canon Red LT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old May 30th, 2012, 5:50 pm

Talking Re: 35th Annual Boone Rally Aug 10-12

Dave;

You ever been? Would be a nice weekend ride for me. What goes on there? Vendors?
Stories and lies around a campfire? Worth the ride up?
So many questions so little time. LOL

Zeke

45 years riding and still more places to see.
2002 K1200LT
2016 R1200RT
IBA # 41935
post #3 of 12 Old May 30th, 2012, 6:51 pm Thread Starter
Enjoy The Ride

Re: 35th Annual Boone Rally Aug 10-12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke
Dave;

You ever been? Would be a nice weekend ride for me. What goes on there? Vendors?
Stories and lies around a campfire? Worth the ride up?
So many questions so little time. LOL

Zeke
I joined the club last year and this will be my second year attending. We had a few vendors last year. We have two tents set up. One for coffee,donuts,hot dogs & the other with picnic tables where we give away the door prizes tell lies & watch movies. I'll be there Thursday morning thru Sunday afternoon. I'll do at least one day long ride on Friday or Saturday (hopefully both days) so come on up & I'll show you around my stomping grounds.

Dave Selvig
2004 Black LT
2000 Canon Red LT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 12 Old Jul 26th, 2012, 5:52 pm Thread Starter
Enjoy The Ride

Just two weeks until the rally.

Phil Engel from Englend Moto will be a vendor at the rally. He will have a trailer there selling used parts.

Dave Selvig
2004 Black LT
2000 Canon Red LT

Last edited by saddleman; Jul 26th, 2012 at 7:20 pm.
post #5 of 12 Old Jul 26th, 2012, 5:57 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddleman
Just two weeks until the rally.

Phil Engel from England Moto will be a vendor at the rally. He will have a trailer there selling used parts.
Hey, Dave - I can't get that URL to work. I'll google him, butt thought you'd wanna know about the link. Best always.
post #6 of 12 Old Jul 26th, 2012, 6:05 pm Thread Starter
Enjoy The Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick
Hey, Dave - I can't get that URL to work. I'll google him, butt thought you'd wanna know about the link. Best always.
I couldn't either so I deleted it.

Dave Selvig
2004 Black LT
2000 Canon Red LT

post #7 of 12 Old Jul 26th, 2012, 6:25 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddleman
I couldn't either so I deleted it.
This'll do it, Dave. It's engelandmoto. Have a great time at the rally, Dave. Ride safe.
post #8 of 12 Old Jul 26th, 2012, 8:51 pm

Sometimes guest speakers like last year's Patriot Rovers owner, who provides companion dogs to our wounded servicemen and women. Another time we had a young man who was published in ON and he came and spoke on his cross country trip and adventures. It was rumored that we have another speaker set up this year, but not for sure. Also, so great door prizes and catered BBQ. I like the lies and stories best along with some of the beverages that are passed around.

Ultra LT
post #9 of 12 Old Jul 27th, 2012, 4:54 pm Thread Starter
Enjoy The Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraLT
Also, so great door prizes and catered BBQ. I like the lies and stories best along with some of the beverages that are passed around.Ultra LT
Did you say beverages after all the rally is in the mountains in North Carolina.

Dave Selvig
2004 Black LT
2000 Canon Red LT

post #10 of 12 Old Jul 27th, 2012, 6:03 pm

I've posted this before - unless you enjoy 1/2 hour of stop-and-go traffic, avoid downtown Boone, NC. The rally folk can advise you about how to avoid downtown Boone, regardless of your destination. The rally weekend is usually the same time when the children (and parents) are arriving for the fall semester at Appalachian State University. BIG crowds. Heed the advice of the rally folk, avoid downtown Boone, and enjoy the rally.

- Bob

Cowboy Bob Menton

Greenville SC USA
'07 K1200GT, '69 R60US (mint!)
'83 R80S (nee '83 R80RT)
"You can never escape the FOG (Fast Old Guys)"
post #11 of 12 Old Jul 27th, 2012, 8:25 pm Thread Starter
Enjoy The Ride

The rally date was moved back a few years ago so it is no longer when the students were returning to college.

Dave Selvig
2004 Black LT
2000 Canon Red LT

post #12 of 12 Old Jul 30th, 2012, 6:58 pm

Outstanding!

- Bob

Cowboy Bob Menton

Greenville SC USA
'07 K1200GT, '69 R60US (mint!)
'83 R80S (nee '83 R80RT)
"You can never escape the FOG (Fast Old Guys)"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in