Atlanta Bike Show - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old Mar 17th, 2006, 1:31 pm Thread Starter

Atlanta Bike Show

Hi guys

Be there when the doors open in a couple of hours, will be looking at some of the new BMW's but have some Yamahas, Vistorys and Ducatis I want to check out. I am sure will see lots of you on the BMW Stand and NOT know who you all are.

Well I have a nice red headed young lady with me, my wife. Unfortunately we will be in our cage as I did not want to deal with 400 South and 285 West traffic at this time on a Friday.

See you all there.

Darcy Bastos
2007 FJR1300
2007 Ducati GT1000 Sport Classic
Atlanta, GA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old Mar 20th, 2006, 8:59 am Thread Starter

Friday Night is the day

Friday night is for sure the day to hit the show, it was great very little people time to spend looking at the bikes, I loved it, once again I am glad I went on Friday afternoon. So now here are a couple of observations for further discussion, or not.

1- Sorry for the bluntness but the K1200GT is UGLY in the pictures and its even UGGLIER in person. I will be keeping my LT. They need to FIRE whoever designed that thing.

2- The R1100S is an awsome looking sport bike I loved it, one of the best looking ones on the show, I can't wait until they make the R1200R I will have one for sure, and the new GS Adventure is for sure a HIT.

3- Why in the world the Hinkley boys (Triumph) were not there. They have that new 650 and the new Daytona and the new Scrambler? I would expect at least something. The Atlanta Ducati and Triumph club was there with some bikes and a very tinny space but not the actual Manufacturer.

4- Bought my wife and I each a Belstaff Chanllenger Jacket and WOW they are first class stuff the price was about the same I have been seen on the web but at least I did not pay the $50 to ship. We both loved the jackets I rode around Saturday morning in 41 degree weather wearing a t-shirt underneath the jacket and I was very very warm.

5- I am not a V-twin cruiser fan, but the new Star cruisers are some of the most beatifull bikes I have ever seen, man the lines are incredible.

6- At last HD look out because the "other" American Motorcycle, Victory, also had some of the best looking cruisers money can buy, man they look cool.

Darcy Bastos
2007 FJR1300
2007 Ducati GT1000 Sport Classic
Atlanta, GA

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in