Originally Posted by dthogey
I've been invited to join some buddies coming up from Florida to the Blairsville, GA area in about a month.
I will be hauling my bike down from Northern MI. The weather would be too iffy to ride down and back at the end of Oct.
What is the riding like there?? What can I expect for weather??
Thanks for any advice!!
You'll be smack dab in the middle of ridding mecca. You can expect lots and lots of twisty mountain roads. Temps could be as low as 40 in the mornings and 70's in the afternoon. Bring rain gear. Now on to what to ride. My opinion on the must rides are as follows but others may have different views.
1. ride the Richard B Russel (hwy 348) into Helen
2. Hwy 129 goes North South up and down Blood Mountain
3. Wolf Pen Gap (Hwy 180 to Suches
4. Hwy 60 from Suches to Blue Ridge
1. Take Hwy 129 to Deals Gap and run the Dragon
2. Take 129 North to Robinsville then West on the Cherachola Hwy
1. Take 76 over to Clayton and pick up Warwoman Rd to Hwy 28
2. Take Hwy 28 North to Highlands (great town) and even better stay on it all the way to Deals Gap
1. From Blue Ridge, head South to Ellijay then East on Hwy 52 over Fort Mountain