Looks like I'm unemployed - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old Jun 6th, 2011, 1:50 pm Thread Starter

Looks like I'm unemployed

Hey guys,

You all have been so helpful in the past. Thought I'd ask a favor of yas again....

Looks like I am unemployed. Got back from lunch today and was told that we are unemployed til further notice. SOOOOOooooo.... if anyone knows of any job openings along the I 77 corridor in NC, let me know. The further north the better. Or southern VA for that matter.

Just PM me if yas know of something.

Thanks
Randy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old Jun 6th, 2011, 10:05 pm

Re: Looks like I'm unemployed

Hate to hear of this, Randy. Good luck with the search.

Lee
Y2K K1200 LT Canyon Red - Torn apart by a Bimmer 11-10-10. Sold to Saddleman to be reanimated.
2005 K1200 LT Ocean Blue
ATGATT
CCR 2009, CCR 2010, CCR 2012
IBA #39250
SS1000 - September 2009
BB1500 - September 2009
BMW MOA #167909
post #3 of 8 Old Jun 7th, 2011, 7:09 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by rando
Hey guys,

You all have been so helpful in the past. Thought I'd ask a favor of yas again....

Looks like I am unemployed. Got back from lunch today and was told that we are unemployed til further notice. SOOOOOooooo.... if anyone knows of any job openings along the I 77 corridor in NC, let me know. The further north the better. Or southern VA for that matter.

Just PM me if yas know of something.

Thanks
Randy
Hey, Randy - I know you don't wanna up and move, butt just in case, what line of work are you interested in?

post #4 of 8 Old Jun 14th, 2011, 10:33 am Thread Starter

I have been in the art production part of the sign industry for the past 15 years. HAve been in the manufacturing process too. I have been art director/production manager for last 10 years. Am not averse to changing fields altogether, though. 27 years in sign industry is a long time. Something new might be an adventure.

Randy
post #5 of 8 Old Jun 14th, 2011, 1:03 pm

Damn....I hate to hear about people losing their jobs. I'm sooooo glad this economy is turning around and we have soooo many jobs out there to choose from and keep our little mom & pop (Raffy) businesses open.

Good luck, Randy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'99K1200LT - "Bertha" - gone, but not forgotten!
'86 Concours - "Horse with no name" (under reconstructive surgery)
'06 K1200GT - "Road Rocket"
Marshall, Tx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 8 Old Jun 20th, 2011, 4:46 pm Thread Starter

THe really crappy thing about it is that it didn't really sink because of the economy so much as poor management. Owner met a new gal. Left first wife. Married second wife that everyone told him would ruin him as she had her prev two men. When that didn't work, he got rid of her and found yet another one that loves an extravagant lifestyle. After we all lost our jobs and he is basically sunk, he married the third wife last week and went on a nice beach honeymoon trip. Left those of us that weren't already laid off w/o our last paychecks and they deducted a month's worth health insurance after the policy was cancelled by the provider. He owes me about $3K. Yayyyyy.....

But yes, the "healthy" economy is awesome. Everything here is about two years behind, so if we can make it, in a couple years, I should be crapping in high cotton, to borrow a phrase....

Am thinking about going back to my "mom & pop" sign business I used to own. I am talking to the bank that "owns" everything and trying to see if I can buy the equipment I used at my job. And start a new little sign/graphics company. Cross your fingers....

Randy
post #7 of 8 Old Jun 20th, 2011, 8:26 pm

What a way to run a railroad, or a sign company. Good luck, Randy. We're pulling for you!

Lee
Y2K K1200 LT Canyon Red - Torn apart by a Bimmer 11-10-10. Sold to Saddleman to be reanimated.
2005 K1200 LT Ocean Blue
ATGATT
CCR 2009, CCR 2010, CCR 2012
IBA #39250
SS1000 - September 2009
BB1500 - September 2009
BMW MOA #167909
post #8 of 8 Old Jun 21st, 2011, 11:19 am Thread Starter

Thanks. If any of yas happen to work for a company and see a need for small signs or decals, shoot me an email. Trying to find customers in case we go with the self employed sign shop deal.

Thanks
Randy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in