ATL airport parking - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old Apr 7th, 2011, 9:10 pm Thread Starter
IBR# 366

Garage
ATL airport parking

So, where's the best place to park a bike at Atlanta airport North Terminal?

Some airports (LAX, PDX) let bikes park for free under covered areas, but I hear this isn't necessarily universal.

Any hints from local travelers?

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles and counting...
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles miles and counting...
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

All lower 48 states plus Alaska on the K13GT in two weeks . . .

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old Apr 7th, 2011, 9:18 pm

Re: ATL airport parking

Please Ken ... for goodness sake. Park your bike where it will be UNcovered. If it rains, it might wash a leetle of the filth off of that thang.

- Joe
post #3 of 10 Old Apr 7th, 2011, 10:01 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by meese
Charlotte? Greenville/Spartanburg? Atlanta is a good town to stay out of?

Lee
Y2K K1200 LT Canyon Red - Torn apart by a Bimmer 11-10-10. Sold to Saddleman to be reanimated.
2005 K1200 LT Ocean Blue
ATGATT
CCR 2009, CCR 2010, CCR 2012
IBA #39250
SS1000 - September 2009
BB1500 - September 2009
BMW MOA #167909

post #4 of 10 Old Apr 8th, 2011, 6:43 am

Quote:

Some airports (LAX, PDX) let bikes park for free under covered areas, but I hear this isn't necessarily universal.

Any hints from local travelers?
there is parking just to one side of the arrival area that I have been able to park a bike at while waiting on someone to arrive ( I did not have to pay, part of it is handi cap parking now but there still may be room for a bike, I don't think you would have to worry to much about theft there, it is now a area that people sit around at.

HOWEVER, there is also parking decks just out side of the terminal arrival doors (just walk across the drive) there is always security there for people crossing,how long are you talking about?

Tom

Tom

'07 GS Adv (mine), '06 GS <(My brides)
(the only bmw's in the stable)
post #5 of 10 Old Apr 8th, 2011, 7:33 am Thread Starter
IBR# 366

Garage

Looking at just under a week. I need to take care of some things at home before finishing up here in Atlanta.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles and counting...
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles miles and counting...
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

All lower 48 states plus Alaska on the K13GT in two weeks . . .

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #6 of 10 Old Apr 8th, 2011, 8:29 pm

Quote:
Looking at just under a week. I need to take care of some things at home before finishing up here in Atlanta.

when do you have to go?, I wont be around tomorrow till later in the day and would have to drop a trailer but you could leave your bike here and I could drop you at marta I think it is exit 5 on ga 400, If we can work out details on picking you back up at marta (unless I have time to go directly to the airport, but your bike would be safe here at my place

I think you have my tele, but I sent it PM to you BTW marta goes right into the airport, and my place is super easy to find

Tom

'07 GS Adv (mine), '06 GS <(My brides)
(the only bmw's in the stable)
post #7 of 10 Old Apr 8th, 2011, 9:40 pm

Ken,
I asked a co-worker in my office who lived NE of Atlanta for a number of years about parking a motorcycle at the north terminal of ATL. He said it was a great idea if you wanted to not have your motorcycle anymore. He said, "I'm not saying there are a lot of theives and crooks in Atlanta, but there are a lot of theives and crooks in Atlanta!"

Looks like you may have a much better solution to the parking situation.

Lee
Y2K K1200 LT Canyon Red - Torn apart by a Bimmer 11-10-10. Sold to Saddleman to be reanimated.
2005 K1200 LT Ocean Blue
ATGATT
CCR 2009, CCR 2010, CCR 2012
IBA #39250
SS1000 - September 2009
BB1500 - September 2009
BMW MOA #167909
post #8 of 10 Old Apr 9th, 2011, 7:20 am

I don't know about the "free" parking (that's a joke) but like Tom said there is Short-Term Parking which is the closest to the Terminal. I would take up Tom's offer.

Your bike should be ok, especially if you cover it.

Brett
2003 K1200LTC SOLD
2013 K1600GTL SOLD
2018 K1600GA SOLD
2019 K1600GA Blue

North Georgia

2005 CCR-Tetons
2006 CCR-Braselton
2008 CCR-Midway
2009 CCR-Rapid City
2011 CCR-Boise
2012 CCR-Duluth
2014 CCR-Chattanooga
2015 CCR-Coeur d 'Alene

post #9 of 10 Old Apr 9th, 2011, 8:38 pm

For my car I use the offsite parking called the Parking Spot 2. I have seen a couple of bikes parked there under cover and in particular I have seen a GS there on a regular basis. I've considered using this site myself for riding to the airport but have not tried it yet. I have contact a couple other offsite lots but none offer motorcycle designated parking.

"Not all who wander are lost"

2014 R1200GS Adv
2018 Vespa 300
post #10 of 10 Old Apr 12th, 2011, 9:31 pm

Sorry I haven't gotten to you sooner Ken. I park my bike in the south terminal parking all the time. It is covered parking, the only thing is it is expensive. Just getting through the parking gate is a pain because you have to come in far enough away from the ticket machine to trigger it for you to get your parking ticket. The Spot would be you next best bet off the premises. If the could promise me a covered spot every time I came to park, they would be getting my business.

Call me when you get back to town, because I've probably missed you with this post.

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'02 LTE - Red-blooded Dragonfly
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg
'01 LTC - Flying Purple People Eater (Ya gotta be old enough to understand)(RIP)
'00 LTC - Canyon Red Rover (RIP)

Have you
bmwlt.com lately????

"To not know me is to lose nothing, to not know Him is to lose everything."

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in