BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

New Member in Georgia

3K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  Gruivis 
#1 ·
Howdy all!

New guy here in north georgia area, well actually just north of Atlanta. Any members in my area? Looking maybe to hook up for a ride. Any interest?
Thanks!

Ron

#2 ·
Ifixm said:
Howdy all!

New guy here in north georgia area, well actually just north of Atlanta. Any members in my area? Looking maybe to hook up for a ride. Any interest?
Thanks!

Ron
Hi, Ron. Welcome aboard. Got enough reading stuff around here to entertain ya for hours. ;)

You might run across my bro now and then - got a place on the lake out off Pilgrim Mill. Rides a champagne LT. Used to own Simply Southern restaurant, but sold it and now just rides and flies. Recently bought a fixed wing airplane, light sport category, so you may not see him on the LT as often as he used to ride it.

You definitely are in an area of great riding roads and shouldn't have any trouble hooking up with riders in your 'hood. Ride safe, Ron - glad you found our little family!!!

#3 ·
Ifixm said:
Howdy all!

Thanks!

Ron
Ron,

I'm over in Acworth. You may also want to consider joining the BMW Motorcycle Owner's of Georgia at www.bmwmoga.info too. You can sign up and use the forum but some of the features are restrcited to club members. Yes we do get together and ride too!

Chris

#4 ·
Ifixm said:
Howdy all!

Thanks!

Ron
Ron when you're ready for the best hamburger in Nawth Ga let me know. We'll head up to Tiger Ga to a mom and pop operation. Truly great hamburgers.

#5 ·
Gruivis said:
Ron when you're ready for the best hamburger in Nawth Ga let me know. We'll head up to Tiger Ga to a mom and pop operation. Truly great hamburgers.
Greg:

I'll agree the one is Tiger is good, but I did find one better and it is not that far from me. Try Heavy's BBQ just south of Crawfordville. Yes, they are making burgers now and I've yet to find anyplace to beat theirs.

#10 ·
OK then, anyone else who wants to test burgers, well come on and join us. Now as for the weekend at IH, that prime rib is hard to pass up, but the burger is much closer. Guess I need to plan for events more in advance.

The only thing wrong with that is that there are too many communiities that have their major events in the fall. Case in point, Maysville has an event this Sat. and I can't make it, dang it, as it is a good event.

With all said, I'll be at Heavy's BBQ to test burgers one more time. bgof It's GOOOOOODDD!

tcars
John

#11 ·
OK, made some changes and Oct 30 is now open. So if that works better for you, let me know and if most prefer the 30th, that is what it will be. So speak your preference ASAP. I still can't make it to IH that weekend, involved in something that is keeping me close for awhile.

tcars
John

#12 ·
Can't make the 30th, I'll be in Austin. Going back to visit what used to be Bergrstrom AFB, aka Austin International Airport. 12th Air Force headquarters, the Doughnut, is now a Hilton Garden Inn. Also going to check out Barton Springs and some other childhood haunts.

#13 ·
Gruivis said:
Can't make the 30th, I'll be in Austin. Going back to visit what used to be Bergrstrom AFB, aka Austin International Airport. 12th Air Force headquarters, the Doughnut, is now a Hilton Garden Inn. Also going to check out Barton Springs and some other childhood haunts.

Don't know when you were there last but I left there in 1980 and didn't get back until 2002. Wow what change!! I spent four years in the Navy at UT persuing a BS EE. Used to shop at Bergstrom Px and Commisary. I can remember when there was open country between Austin and Round Rock.

#14 ·
Jay, you're right everything has changed around the Del Valley area. I grew up there in the early 70s and went back about four years ago. Lake Travis is completely developed now.

If you go in though one of the airport access roads you can get to what used to be base housing. I've been able to locate the exact spot of our old home. I'm going to take my mom on a tour of the area - really looking forward to the trip.

I've attached some pics from my last trip, including a stop at Shrevport, LA on my way back to Atlanta.

Attachments

#15 ·
Just wanted to chime in as another newbie out of Marietta, GA. Just picked up an RT from BMW of Atlanta (my first beemer). Joining the GA BMW owners group as well. Would look forward to a meet up or ride at some point.

#17 ·
I'm showing about two hours riding from Johns Creek, so how about noon? If it's too busy I could come in earlier or later. Let me know.

Anyone else making the ride? Hawg?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.