Central Florida Tech Session - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old Feb 14th, 2006, 2:39 pm Thread Starter

Central Florida Tech Session 03/19/06

OK ya'll, I'm planning a Tech Session at my place on Sunday March 19th. Dave Dragon has indicated that barring an unforeseen disaster at work he'll be available to join us and lend us his expertise. For those of you that haven't been here before, I'm just outside of Mount Dora and I'll provide directions by email to those who need them.

So far we've got Dave Wright who wants to change his air filter and fuel filter and all the fluids.

If you would like to come and work on your bike please let me know what you would like to accomplish. If on the other hand you would just like to come and observe and/or kick tires that's great as well. Oh yea, significant others are welcome as well. All I ask is that you contact me via email [email protected] and let me know if you would like to perform some service and how many are coming. That way we can plan something for our lunch time nourishment. Looking forward to another fun and productive day.

Sorry this is so close to the recently scheduled March RTE but it's about the only weekend day I have available all month.

PS: Hey John Rehder, if you want to bail out of that cold Georgia weather and warm up down here in the Sunshine State for a couple of days we'd love to have you. Your room's always available.

Lynn Keen
North East Florida
MSF #28271 Retired
'99 Canyon Red RETIRED AT 93,000 MI
'05 GRAPHITE METALLIC retired at 87,000 MI
'01 R1150 GS- totaled
'02 R1150 GS sold
'85 K100/EML sidecar sold
'11 R1200RT currently being enjoyed

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by johnrehder; Mar 14th, 2006 at 10:00 am. Reason: make sticky
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old Feb 15th, 2006, 6:11 am

[PS: Hey John Rehder, if you want to bail out of that cold Georgia weather and warm up down here in the Sunshine State for a couple of days we'd love to have you. Your room's always available.

Lynn, thanks for the offer. I need to get down there and see that new set of wheels you got. I am hosting a tech session on the 18th of March for Steve Rowe. Not sure if I can handle two sessions in a row! I will keep it in mind cause you never now when the mood strikes you to travel!
post #3 of 13 Old Feb 22nd, 2006, 8:24 am Thread Starter

Please Note Date Change!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn_Keen
-----------------Dave Dragon has indicated that barring an unforeseen disaster he'll be available to join us and lend us his expertise.
Sorry Dave, had to blame someone. :~)

We have had to make a change in the date for our Tech Session to accommodate a conflict that Dave encountered. We are moving it from the March 19th to the 12th, one week earlier. I hope this doesn't create a problem for any of you who are planning to attend.

Everything else stays the same. We'll open the doors at my place at 8:00 AM. Please contact me at [email protected] for directions and let me know how many are coming and what you would like to do. Please feel to free to bring along your significant other, my wife would enjoy the company.

Lynn Keen
North East Florida
MSF #28271 Retired
'01 R1150 GS- totaled
'02 R1150 GS sold

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 13 Old Feb 23rd, 2006, 9:20 am

Spark plugs too!
Dave Wright
post #5 of 13 Old Mar 3rd, 2006, 4:25 pm Thread Starter

Anyone Else Coming?

So far we only have 5 people who have indicated that they will be attending our Tech Session. That is certainly not a problem but if any one else is thinking of coming on over please let me know so we can plan for lunch. Everyone is welcome even if you don't have any service needs. The best part of these sessions is usually good conservation and friendly tire kick'n.

Cheers,

Lynn

Lynn Keen
North East Florida
MSF #28271 Retired
'01 R1150 GS- totaled
'02 R1150 GS sold

post #6 of 13 Old Mar 3rd, 2006, 8:05 pm

I would be interested in attending but wouldn't be able to get there until about 2 pm.
How long do you plan to keep the session going?

Hans
St. Petersburg FL

2002 K1200LTE
"Silver Buffalo" Totaled 5/06
2005 LT
"Esperanza"
BushtecGenesisTrailer
"Our preferred long distance carrier"

post #7 of 13 Old Mar 4th, 2006, 3:55 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBuffalo
I would be interested in attending but wouldn't be able to get there until about 2 pm.
How long do you plan to keep the session going?
That's a difficult question to answere. We'll open the doors around 8:00 am and plan lunch for around 12:00. Following lunch we'll be cleaning up any loose ends from the morning's projects. I'm guessing most of the service items well be completed by about 2:00. After that it's just a matter of how long folks want to hang out. Sorry I can't give you a more definitive answere but we'd be pleased to see you. If you want to come on over and need specific instruction as to my location just send me an email at [email protected] and I'll pass on directions and phone numbers. Hope you can make it.

Lynn Keen
North East Florida
MSF #28271 Retired
'01 R1150 GS- totaled
'02 R1150 GS sold

post #8 of 13 Old Mar 6th, 2006, 6:55 pm

c fl tech session

Lynn, I am planning on driving over with my wife. I would like to check the valves and possibly change some brake and clutch fluid. Do you still have the brake bleeder, also do you know what size bleed screw I need for the clutch hose. I had purchased the speedbleeders and found they won't work on the two fittings with the check valves.

Thanks

Joe and Robin
2001 K1200LTC 60K miles
space coast of Florida
post #9 of 13 Old Mar 7th, 2006, 5:01 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavamanz
Lynn, I am planning on driving over with my wife. I would like to check the valves and possibly change some brake and clutch fluid. Do you still have the brake bleeder, also do you know what size bleed screw I need for the clutch hose. I had purchased the speedbleeders and found they won't work on the two fittings with the check valves.

Thanks
Joe,
Sorry for the delay, but I did answere your email. I spent the day over at Daytona today. Glad you and Robin are going to make it over. Hopefully we can work around the check valve and purge the clutch hydraulic fluid. See ya Sunday.

Lynn Keen
North East Florida
MSF #28271 Retired
'01 R1150 GS- totaled
'02 R1150 GS sold

post #10 of 13 Old Mar 7th, 2006, 8:51 pm

Lynn;
The m/c gods are smiling upon me for sure. Marianne and I would love to come over for your tech session. Don't need any work, just want to watch. Can we bring anything? Pm me with directions and if there is something we can bring.
I didn't see you at Daytona today, but then there were about 100k of our best friends there besides you and me. Haha!!!!!

Cya soon.

Jim and Marianne
post #11 of 13 Old Mar 12th, 2006, 6:43 pm

Thumbs up tech session, another success

I appreciate Lynn for hosting and for his wife Janet being so hospitable and opening up their home and feeding us. My wife enjoyed the day also and the time visiting while we worked.

Also appreciate Dave Dragon for all the help once again, this time checking valves. It sounds like I need to get my little compressor wired up just in case, you just never know what might happen on the road.

Enjoyed getting together with everyone again!

Joe and Robin
2001 K1200LTC 60K miles
space coast of Florida
post #12 of 13 Old Mar 13th, 2006, 10:52 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDragon
It was great to see everyone at Lynn's Tech Session!
We got a few things done, had a very good lunch, and scattered to the wind.
Great day for riding, 85F when I left Lynn's house heading into the office to check on a system failure.

On I75 just South of SR50, while at or very near 80mph the back tire of the DragonFly attempted to pass the front!
It felt like I was sliding on Ice.

What a day.
WOW DAVE, sure glad you were able to hang on and avoid the worst. Them little bells were working for you!

Lynn Keen
North East Florida
MSF #28271 Retired
'01 R1150 GS- totaled
'02 R1150 GS sold

post #13 of 13 Old Mar 13th, 2006, 11:00 am Thread Starter

Another Successful And Fun Tech Session

It was my wife's and my pleasure to host another successful Central Florida Tech Session. Went through a bunch of standard service items on a couple of bikes and got one new brake peddle installed. OH yea, we kicked a lot of tires as well. As always it was a good time with good folks. Always a pleasure to associate with other members of the FORUM.

In addition, it has become a tradition to pass the hat at this type of gathering and I have to thank everyone in attendance for their generosity. We put together another $100 donation that I have sent via PayPal to support the BMW LT WEB Site. That is after all the vehicle that makes all of this possible and brings us together.

Cheers

Lynn Keen
North East Florida
MSF #28271 Retired
'01 R1150 GS- totaled
'02 R1150 GS sold

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in