Spring Training Camp II - Think Quick….Be Safe by Susan Galpin - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old Jan 25th, 2006, 7:26 pm Thread Starter

Spring Training Camp II - Think Quick….Be Safe by Susan Galpin

Think Quick….Be Safe
Susan Galpin is a former mileage slave two years running, an MSF instructor, a vintage and production racer and the Queen of the Quick. She will strive to share the essential elements of sport riding that have kept her safe and sure through 500,000 miles of BMW riding. She has spent the past four riding seasons instructing women and men on the challenging mountain roads of North Georgia. Susan loves the ride.

The above is a description of this seminar that Susan Galpin presented last year during the BMW MOA Rally in Lima Ohio, as it appears on the BMW MOA website. Susan has agreed to present this seminar to us during Spring Training Camp II. We will have the seminar on Friday night after dinner, then on Saturday Susan will “hit the roads” with groups to practice the techniques. Then on Saturday night, we’ll recap the day riding; she will again present the seminar in an informal discussion and chat session.

On Saturday we’ll try and schedule small groups in two or three ride sessions, depends on the number of folks that what to take the course and advance their skills.

In talking with Susan today about the presentation, she said that “this seminar consist of riding techniques and information, regardless of the type of bike you ride, that will help you as it has help her remain safe.”

My thanks to Tom Galo (tmgs) and Karen for making the contacts with Susan and getting the idea together.

Don G Norwood
11 R1200GSA w/DMC sidecar Radio Flyer IV
2015 G650GS, 1998 1200 C

"Oh Lord I pray, Just let me live long enough to do everything they say I have done"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old Jan 25th, 2006, 10:09 pm

Thumbs up

Woohoo! As if we needed just one more great reason to attend STC II . . . but we got it! I'm really looking forward to this! And BIG TIME KUDOS goes out to Tom for hooking us up!
post #3 of 5 Old Jan 25th, 2006, 10:52 pm

Talking Susan Galpin is VERY quick!

Good to hear from you Don, and yes, I had the pleasure of riding with Susan for about 5 hours during the RA Rally last year. I was introduced to her by Dave Cwi - from the Mileage Slaves.

Susan took another rider and I on a huge series of loops from Shelbyville down through Lynchburg. All corkscrews and twisties!! She knew the roads like the back of her hand, infact she used to train on them when she raced! Believe me, we covered a lot of ground very quickly. We were actually riding with her to become fully certified 'Raider Riders.' (Yes we both passed)

She is by far the smoothest, fastest rider I have every had the pleasure to follow. The LT now sports some rubs way up on the tupperware. I didn't know it would lean that far, but following her on her old K75 kinda sucks you in.

I won't be at ST II, but, I envy you all for having a chance to meet and ride with a legend. Susan is a wonderful woman and a GREAT rider.

Please tell her the guy on the Silver LT at the RA who did a pirouette on his right peg in that wild hairpin sez... YeeHaawwwwwww!!!

P.S. Bring your best tires.

J. Averill Townsend
Bloomfield Hills, MI

IBA# 24374

2002 K1200LTC - Silver
1978 R100/7 - Very, very Black
2004 Bushtec Quantum - Silver, of course...(SOLD)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 5 Old Jan 26th, 2006, 6:28 am

Thanks Tom for making this happen! I am really looking forward to a GREAT weekend and this makes it even better!!!!

God bless:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Chick

Saved by Grace -- Ephesians 2:8-9

2005 Graphite LT

BMWMOA #118809

NRA Life Member

post #5 of 5 Old Jan 26th, 2006, 9:54 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaLT
My thanks to Tom Gallo (tmgs) and Karen for making the contacts with Susan and getting the idea together.
My pleasure.

Tom

'07 GS Adv (mine), '06 GS <(My brides)
(the only bmw's in the stable)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in