STC Tech Session times and Volunteers, Vendors Info - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old Jan 20th, 2006, 12:28 pm Thread Starter

STC Tech Session times and Volunteers, Vendors Info

This year we are limiting the tech sessions to basic service issues, oil, tranny, rear end fluids with questions /answers about services and “add-ons” “farkles” and accessories.

Thus far, Bob Menton, Lynn Keen, Dave Dragon and Bruce Harris had volunteered to being the on-site tech guys, however these sessions will be from 8 AM to 11AM Friday and Saturday morning.

Friday - Lynn Keen and Bob Menton 8 AM to 11 AM

Saturday – Dave Dragon and Bruce Harris Jr. 8 AM to 11 AM

Please direct your service, tech issues or accessories installation to these guys by threads or PMs. This will help them decide what equipment and tools/supplies they or you need to furnish.

I will have a handy lift on-site.

We will need a “volunteer” K1200LT for each session, the owner would furnish all the supplies/parts needed.

More tech persons may volunteer later and are welcome.

In addition, Mike Patch will be doing Sales and installs for Motolights and perhaps his “Highway Ottomans”

Other vendors, I am in process of contacting some other vendors or if you know of vendors that would like to join us please contact me.

I planning on having the handy lift there as early as Wednesday, if you want to do other service yourself.

I may attempt to install shocks on the LT Wednesday and/or Thursday.

Of course after the scheduled sessions the garages and lift will be available to you for your service and installs.

Saturday afternoon or Saturday night I will need volunteers to help clean up the garage area.

Don G Norwood
11 R1200GSA w/DMC sidecar Radio Flyer IV
2015 G650GS, 1998 1200 C

"Oh Lord I pray, Just let me live long enough to do everything they say I have done"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old Jan 20th, 2006, 12:52 pm

I will be on hand to provide ridicule as needed. But not just any haphazard ridicule. It will be precise, focused, and pertinent. I'll need no "help" in this area. I will bring all my own tools. But I may need a volunteer or two to help . . . clean up.

See ya in April Dad!
post #3 of 8 Old Jan 20th, 2006, 1:18 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by messenger13
I will be on hand to provide ridicule as needed. But not just any haphazard ridicule. It will be precise, focused, and pertinent. I'll need no "help" in this area. I will bring all my own tools. But I may need a volunteer or two to help . . . clean up.

See ya in April Dad!
Hey, just try to get there this time at a decent hour, I hate staying up all night waiting on the kids to get home, and turn off at least two sets of motolights when approaching the Lodge, last year I thought a 747 was crash landing...don't foget the guitar ... and the teddy bear

Don G Norwood
11 R1200GSA w/DMC sidecar Radio Flyer IV
2015 G650GS, 1998 1200 C

"Oh Lord I pray, Just let me live long enough to do everything they say I have done"

post #4 of 8 Old Jan 20th, 2006, 1:23 pm

I gots even MORE lights on her now...AND HIDs are on their way! I still ain't caught up to Don Arthur though. Those Micro DEs are just too expensive for this po' boy.

I might have to pull in with the theme of 'Close Encounters' playing though. That would be funny. And I'll try to get there before dark this year... ' promise.
post #5 of 8 Old Jan 22nd, 2006, 4:54 pm

Talking Mouth of the South meets Mouth of the North

Quote:
Originally Posted by messenger13

See ya in April Dad!
Don, do yo need someone to control messy13? He is a much bigger guy than I, but with some help.................

Brett
2003 K1200LTC SOLD
2013 K1600GTL SOLD
2018 K1600GA SOLD
2019 K1600GA Blue

North Georgia

2005 CCR-Tetons
2006 CCR-Braselton
2008 CCR-Midway
2009 CCR-Rapid City
2011 CCR-Boise
2012 CCR-Duluth
2014 CCR-Chattanooga
2015 CCR-Coeur d 'Alene

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 8 Old Jan 22nd, 2006, 5:59 pm

Talking i kill me...

Chipster . . . don't make me bring my 9-year-old daughter!!! She handles all my "light work".

post #7 of 8 Old Jan 27th, 2006, 9:17 pm

I am pretty good at sweeping the floor....so I will be glad to help ya clean up the work area.

Even watching after Joe so he doesn't get into too much trouble..

Joey

Joey Fletcher
Durham NC
2001 LT name Dolly because she is so dang Top Heavy
2005 Triumph Rocket III
Access to 2005 SE V-Rod
post #8 of 8 Old Jan 27th, 2006, 9:25 pm

Thumbs up

Cool! I was hoping to run with that Rocket of yours!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in