open house - BMW Luxury Touring Community
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old Sep 30th, 2008, 7:27 am Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: statesville , n.c., usa
Posts: 257
open house

The dealer in greensboro is having a open house Saturday Oct. 4th from 9am to 4pm at there new location. ck. the web site. www.carolinaeuro.com any one going??
danbrown is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 13 Old Sep 30th, 2008, 9:09 am
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: mount airy (mayberry), NC,
Posts: 1,155
Re: open house

Hey Dan, how ya been? I wish we could go, but got little league footballgames. No way to make it early or late, dangit.

Stuff yourself with free BBQ for me, please.

Randy
rando is offline  
post #3 of 13 Old Oct 1st, 2008, 10:21 am
Senior Member
 
DanDiver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Tampa, FL, USA
Posts: 4,833
Re: open house

I hope they are easy to find..... I ride up to Greensboro several times a year to visit my sister and I can't tell you how hard of a place it is to navigate. Roads simply stop and many, you can't get there from here.

Even the locals bitch about I-40 and how an exit was removed and the sign remained. My GPS gets lost there!

Whoever laid out that town must have been following a cow! I simply hate to have to find a specific location in that city....... Only way I'd find the BMW dealer would be if a big blimp were overhead....

Dano
Tampa, Fl.

12 K1600 GTL
02 K1200 LT (gone but not forgotten)
DanDiver is offline  
 
post #4 of 13 Old Oct 2nd, 2008, 7:50 pm Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: statesville , n.c., usa
Posts: 257
Smile Re: open house

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandiver
I hope they are easy to find..... I ride up to Greensboro several times a year to visit my sister and I can't tell you how hard of a place it is to navigate. Roads simply stop and many, you can't get there from here.

Even the locals bitch about I-40 and how an exit was removed and the sign remained. My GPS gets lost there!

Whoever laid out that town must have been following a cow! I simply hate to have to find a specific location in that city....... Only way I'd find the BMW dealer would be if a big blimp were overhead....
Hi Dano. jump on your scooter and come on up,I'll show you where it is,and we'll eat free bar-b-que.
danbrown is offline  
post #5 of 13 Old Oct 2nd, 2008, 10:06 pm
Senior Member
 
bowlesj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Glen Alpine, NC, USA
Posts: 1,431
Re: open house

Hi Dan, too bad same day as the Indian Factory open house. My kitchen pass is just about approved and I think I'm going south.

John

2004 - LT - Anthracite
bowlesj is offline  
post #6 of 13 Old Oct 2nd, 2008, 11:15 pm
Senior Member
 
sheldan2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: kings mountain, NC, usa
Posts: 2,099
Re: open house

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowlesj
Hi Dan, too bad same day as the Indian Factory open house. My kitchen pass is just about approved and I think I'm going south.
John, the showroom off I-85 opens up this weekend if I am not wrong, I got a brochure from cycle world in Gastonia, but cannot remember the true dates, if you want I could find out for certain, I had heard that they were going to be opening the factory in Kings Mountain, built a huge place but I have never heard anything else about it.
sheldan2 is offline  
post #7 of 13 Old Oct 3rd, 2008, 12:44 pm
Senior Member
 
bowlesj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Glen Alpine, NC, USA
Posts: 1,431
Re: open house

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheldan2
John, the showroom off I-85 opens up this weekend if I am not wrong, I got a brochure from cycle world in Gastonia, but cannot remember the true dates, if you want I could find out for certain, I had heard that they were going to be opening the factory in Kings Mountain, built a huge place but I have never heard anything else about it.
Hi Mike,

Did you see Gunny's post?

http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/showthre...ghlight=indian

I've seen the showroom you speak of, that is near Gastonia isn't it? I've also seen the factory while on the way to Kings Mountain Battlefield. That seems to be what Gunny is talking about.

Any clarity?

John

2004 - LT - Anthracite
bowlesj is offline  
post #8 of 13 Old Oct 3rd, 2008, 1:16 pm
Senior Member
 
sheldan2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: kings mountain, NC, usa
Posts: 2,099
Smile Re: open house

well I will go down there tomorrow at 10 and see what it is all about.
might meet up with gunny if he is there... Anyone else thinking about riding over? You can also get there off exit 8 off I-85 south, turn left and then left at the Holliday Inn Express, you will actually pass the place on the left right before that exit.



Quote:
Originally Posted by bowlesj
Hi Mike,

Did you see Gunny's post?

http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/showthre...ghlight=indian

I've seen the showroom you speak of, that is near Gastonia isn't it? I've also seen the factory while on the way to Kings Mountain Battlefield. That seems to be what Gunny is talking about.

Any clarity?
sheldan2 is offline  
post #9 of 13 Old Oct 3rd, 2008, 3:22 pm
Senior Member
 
NCrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Raleigh-ish, NC, USA
Posts: 619
Re: open house

There's some cool history in the Indians, but at $30k+ for the pleasure... I'm not interested.

We'll be going to Carolina Euro for a bit. Might meet up with the Tarheel Travelers group and ride over.
NCrider is offline  
post #10 of 13 Old Oct 3rd, 2008, 4:53 pm
Senior Member
 
bowlesj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Glen Alpine, NC, USA
Posts: 1,431
Re: open house

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheldan2
well I will go down there tomorrow at 10 and see what it is all about.
might meet up with gunny if he is there... Anyone else thinking about riding over? You can also get there off exit 8 off I-85 south, turn left and then left at the Holliday Inn Express, you will actually pass the place on the left right before that exit.
Yea, I think I'm going to go. Other sites I've read indicate factory open house at 10 and then a ride to the new dealer up I-85 for further events.

Would never buy or own an Indian, but I love factories

Planning on a 10am arrival.

John

2004 - LT - Anthracite
bowlesj is offline  
post #11 of 13 Old Oct 3rd, 2008, 5:21 pm
Senior Member
 
sheldan2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: kings mountain, NC, usa
Posts: 2,099
Re: open house

actually go with gunny's directions, they might be more accurate than mine, we might not be thinking about the same place.. The one I was thinking about is right off hwy 161 in kings mountain, but when I rode by there this afternoon, there was nothing going on there.. anyway I will probably meet up with you guys in the am once I figure out where it is..either way not far from me as I am right off 161 by the state line.
sheldan2 is offline  
post #12 of 13 Old Oct 3rd, 2008, 6:32 pm
Senior Member
 
NCrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Raleigh-ish, NC, USA
Posts: 619
Re: open house

Would be cool to see the factory and I'd like an Indian shirt. Give a report later?
NCrider is offline  
post #13 of 13 Old Oct 3rd, 2008, 10:02 pm
Senior Member
 
quickbeemer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Sanford, NC, USA
Posts: 187
Re: open house

It's a really nice shop. I went when the Duc truck came in. I sold my LT and I'm going through DT's right now with this weather and all. Still trying to find another GT like the one I had before the LT. Everyone have a great weekend!


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


R1200GSA
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

K1200LTC
Tony Quick
Sanford, NC
quickbeemer is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Top 50 BBQ Joints In Texas Lonewuff South Central 35 Dec 18th, 2013 9:26 am
Reminder - Open House This Week Ted Shred Northern California 6 Mar 5th, 2008 12:50 pm
Open House 10/14/06 Ridesalot Mid West 1 Oct 9th, 2006 9:13 pm
Bentonville open house - 04/22/06 gulfxray South Central 5 Apr 20th, 2006 11:54 pm
BMW Atlanta Open house April 21-23 tmgs South East 1 Apr 11th, 2006 9:18 am

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome