open house - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old Sep 30th, 2008, 7:27 am Thread Starter

open house

The dealer in greensboro is having a open house Saturday Oct. 4th from 9am to 4pm at there new location. ck. the web site. www.carolinaeuro.com any one going??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old Sep 30th, 2008, 9:09 am

Re: open house

Hey Dan, how ya been? I wish we could go, but got little league footballgames. No way to make it early or late, dangit.

Stuff yourself with free BBQ for me, please.

Randy
post #3 of 13 Old Oct 1st, 2008, 10:21 am

I hope they are easy to find..... I ride up to Greensboro several times a year to visit my sister and I can't tell you how hard of a place it is to navigate. Roads simply stop and many, you can't get there from here.

Even the locals bitch about I-40 and how an exit was removed and the sign remained. My GPS gets lost there!

Whoever laid out that town must have been following a cow! I simply hate to have to find a specific location in that city....... Only way I'd find the BMW dealer would be if a big blimp were overhead....

Dano
Tampa, Fl.

12 K1600 GTL
02 K1200 LT (gone but not forgotten)

post #4 of 13 Old Oct 2nd, 2008, 7:50 pm Thread Starter

Smile Re: open house

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandiver
I hope they are easy to find..... I ride up to Greensboro several times a year to visit my sister and I can't tell you how hard of a place it is to navigate. Roads simply stop and many, you can't get there from here.

Even the locals bitch about I-40 and how an exit was removed and the sign remained. My GPS gets lost there!

Whoever laid out that town must have been following a cow! I simply hate to have to find a specific location in that city....... Only way I'd find the BMW dealer would be if a big blimp were overhead....
Hi Dano. jump on your scooter and come on up,I'll show you where it is,and we'll eat free bar-b-que.
post #5 of 13 Old Oct 2nd, 2008, 10:06 pm

Hi Dan, too bad same day as the Indian Factory open house. My kitchen pass is just about approved and I think I'm going south.

John

2004 - LT - Anthracite
post #6 of 13 Old Oct 2nd, 2008, 11:15 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowlesj
Hi Dan, too bad same day as the Indian Factory open house. My kitchen pass is just about approved and I think I'm going south.
John, the showroom off I-85 opens up this weekend if I am not wrong, I got a brochure from cycle world in Gastonia, but cannot remember the true dates, if you want I could find out for certain, I had heard that they were going to be opening the factory in Kings Mountain, built a huge place but I have never heard anything else about it.
post #7 of 13 Old Oct 3rd, 2008, 12:44 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheldan2
John, the showroom off I-85 opens up this weekend if I am not wrong, I got a brochure from cycle world in Gastonia, but cannot remember the true dates, if you want I could find out for certain, I had heard that they were going to be opening the factory in Kings Mountain, built a huge place but I have never heard anything else about it.
Hi Mike,

Did you see Gunny's post?

http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/showthre...ghlight=indian

I've seen the showroom you speak of, that is near Gastonia isn't it? I've also seen the factory while on the way to Kings Mountain Battlefield. That seems to be what Gunny is talking about.

Any clarity?

John

2004 - LT - Anthracite
post #8 of 13 Old Oct 3rd, 2008, 1:16 pm

Smile Re: open house

well I will go down there tomorrow at 10 and see what it is all about.
might meet up with gunny if he is there... Anyone else thinking about riding over? You can also get there off exit 8 off I-85 south, turn left and then left at the Holliday Inn Express, you will actually pass the place on the left right before that exit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowlesj
Hi Mike,

Did you see Gunny's post?

http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/showthre...ghlight=indian

I've seen the showroom you speak of, that is near Gastonia isn't it? I've also seen the factory while on the way to Kings Mountain Battlefield. That seems to be what Gunny is talking about.

Any clarity?
post #9 of 13 Old Oct 3rd, 2008, 3:22 pm

There's some cool history in the Indians, but at $30k+ for the pleasure... I'm not interested.

We'll be going to Carolina Euro for a bit. Might meet up with the Tarheel Travelers group and ride over.
post #10 of 13 Old Oct 3rd, 2008, 4:53 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheldan2
well I will go down there tomorrow at 10 and see what it is all about.
might meet up with gunny if he is there... Anyone else thinking about riding over? You can also get there off exit 8 off I-85 south, turn left and then left at the Holliday Inn Express, you will actually pass the place on the left right before that exit.
Yea, I think I'm going to go. Other sites I've read indicate factory open house at 10 and then a ride to the new dealer up I-85 for further events.

Would never buy or own an Indian, but I love factories

Planning on a 10am arrival.

John

2004 - LT - Anthracite
post #11 of 13 Old Oct 3rd, 2008, 5:21 pm

actually go with gunny's directions, they might be more accurate than mine, we might not be thinking about the same place.. The one I was thinking about is right off hwy 161 in kings mountain, but when I rode by there this afternoon, there was nothing going on there.. anyway I will probably meet up with you guys in the am once I figure out where it is..either way not far from me as I am right off 161 by the state line.
post #12 of 13 Old Oct 3rd, 2008, 6:32 pm

Would be cool to see the factory and I'd like an Indian shirt. Give a report later?
post #13 of 13 Old Oct 3rd, 2008, 10:02 pm

It's a really nice shop. I went when the Duc truck came in. I sold my LT and I'm going through DT's right now with this weather and all. Still trying to find another GT like the one I had before the LT. Everyone have a great weekend!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

R1200GSA
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

K1200LTC
Tony Quick
Sanford, NC

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in