Looking for good South Eastern US route - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old Sep 20th, 2008, 9:36 pm Thread Starter

Looking for good South Eastern US route

I'm in Virginia and looking to do a 7 - 10 day trip through the South Eastern US maybe going as far West as Louisiana and down to Florida too. My wife isn't along for this trip so I'm gonna give camping a try for a few nights and finding good info in the forums on that topic...

I'm planning for the first or second week in October so I don't have much time to sort this out. Nothing beats experience so I'm asking for ideas or advice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old Sep 25th, 2008, 8:00 am

Re: Looking for good South Eastern US route

Quote:
Originally Posted by marston_c
I'm in Virginia and looking to do a 7 - 10 day trip through the South Eastern US maybe going as far West as Louisiana and down to Florida too. My wife isn't along for this trip so I'm gonna give camping a try for a few nights and finding good info in the forums on that topic...

I'm planning for the first or second week in October so I don't have much time to sort this out. Nothing beats experience so I'm asking for ideas or advice.
US 129 (Deal's Gap) in western NC is a must. Almost any road in the western NC is worth taking. US 64 from Hendersonville, NC to Murphy, NC is great. HWY 28 from Highlands, NC to Franlkin, NC is also very nice. All have beautiful sites and lots of twisties.

In north GA, US 19 and GA 60 are great roads. They circle Brasstown Bald, the highest point in GA.

Dick Wood
2014 R1200RTW Quartz Blue Metallic
Previous2008 Aventurin Silver Metallic K1200GT
Previous 2002 Toscana Green LTE
Previous 1995 HD FXDL
IBA #7393

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in