RA Rally in TN - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old Oct 2nd, 2005, 5:40 pm Thread Starter

RA Rally in TN

So just who is going where are you meeting and when will you get there?

Shebyville TN 6-9th
Tom

Tom

'07 GS Adv (mine), '06 GS <(My brides)
(the only bmw's in the stable)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old Oct 2nd, 2005, 7:48 pm

Tom,

I hope to be there. Am leaving early Thursday morning. I'm fighting with a bad head cold just now. I will have to camp at the rally. The "cold" is the only thing holding me back.

Hope to see ya there!
post #3 of 11 Old Oct 2nd, 2005, 7:49 pm

I'm setting up the Bier Garden, Tom and will be putting down stakes sometime Tuesday. I live about 14 miles from the place and also plan to stake claim to a couple of RV spots for Don and myself (he's bringing his toy hauler and I'm tenting). He thought it would then be cool to open those two combined spots up to any and all LT'ers who are camping and establish our own area. I was just by there a little while ago on the way back from Nashville, and these RV spots are big enough to where we should have plenty of room. As you enter the rally site, the RV sites are on the right.

Al Hennigan
'03 Anthracite LTE
'09 GS Adventure
Middle Tennessee

post #4 of 11 Old Oct 3rd, 2005, 8:52 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmgs
So just who is going where are you meeting and when will you get there?

Shebyville TN 6-9th
Tom
I'm leaving here early Wednesday with another friend from our local club. Will arrive Shelbyville that afternoon or evening.
post #5 of 11 Old Oct 3rd, 2005, 8:55 am

I see that signatures did not come over with the move. Let's see if it is there now.

Alex H Lindsay
Melbourne, FL
Champagne 2001 LT
Space Coast BMW Riders
post #6 of 11 Old Oct 3rd, 2005, 7:19 pm

Just got back from the RA rally site, and this is going to be a great place for a rally folks! Weather looks very good through the weekend, even cooling off a litttle later in the week, and the RV spaces we have should work out great for anybody who wants to gather 'round either for pitching your tent or just hanging out. Everything, including a couple of convenience stores for adult beverage resupply, are just a short walk away. The 18-wheeler with the demo fleet pulled in while I was there and impressed the crap out of the locals...a great looking rig if you've never seen it and spit shined like a new pair of jump boots. Don, got our names on our sites and I'll ride herd on 'em tomorrow too. Doug and I are planning on piling in there and setting up sometime tomorrow.

Al Hennigan
'03 Anthracite LTE
'09 GS Adventure
Middle Tennessee

Last edited by Ranger6; Oct 3rd, 2005 at 7:31 pm.
post #7 of 11 Old Oct 3rd, 2005, 9:27 pm

Good deal AL, sounds great and I can't wait... Hey if you see some fresh "road kill" stake a claim on it, we might even get pot of "road kill stew" going.

I counted about 12 thus far that have confessed on attending.

If you think of anything I need to bring, drop me a line, will have the truck, toy hauler and GS with me.

Don G Norwood
11 R1200GSA w/DMC sidecar Radio Flyer IV
2015 G650GS, 1998 1200 C

"Oh Lord I pray, Just let me live long enough to do everything they say I have done"
post #8 of 11 Old Oct 4th, 2005, 8:06 am

I have to admit Don, that sometime today Doug and I are planning to take over everything we think we might need including the kitchen sink, literally, so I think we're OK. If I think of anything though, I'll give you a shout. About what time do you think you'll be rolling in?

Al Hennigan
'03 Anthracite LTE
'09 GS Adventure
Middle Tennessee
post #9 of 11 Old Oct 4th, 2005, 12:32 pm

I hope to arrive about noon. Check the dinner schedule posted on the rally site, looks like evening meals are well planned, if we decide to do something as a group, we can kinda see who's there and when and what...

See you guys tomorrow about noon...

Don G Norwood
11 R1200GSA w/DMC sidecar Radio Flyer IV
2015 G650GS, 1998 1200 C

"Oh Lord I pray, Just let me live long enough to do everything they say I have done"
post #10 of 11 Old Oct 4th, 2005, 2:27 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alindsay
I see that signatures did not come over with the move. Let's see if it is there now.

a couple weeks ago I stopped in with a friend of mine on 192 on a wednesday evening (forget the name of the place now) but it used to be the PC place that looked like cows <grin>to say hello to a few folks, one of them I had met up here in Dahlonega, you go on wed night?

Tom

Tom

'07 GS Adv (mine), '06 GS <(My brides)
(the only bmw's in the stable)
post #11 of 11 Old Oct 6th, 2005, 5:58 pm

Hey Al and Don. Just got back from God's country (Knoxville) and from Johnson City from a business trip.
Stopped at a rest area to "dispose" of some iced tea and saw a couple of GS riders from Rhode Island heading to the rally.
I told them to stop by your bier garden and to harass the dude with the Alabama tag and to treat Al with the utmost respect!

Hope you stay dry! See ya' in a few weeks.

Brett
2003 K1200LTC SOLD
2013 K1600GTL SOLD
2018 K1600GA SOLD
2019 K1600GA Blue

North Georgia

2005 CCR-Tetons
2006 CCR-Braselton
2008 CCR-Midway
2009 CCR-Rapid City
2011 CCR-Boise
2012 CCR-Duluth
2014 CCR-Chattanooga
2015 CCR-Coeur d 'Alene

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in