STC- Bring your MOA mileage cards - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old Apr 8th, 2008, 8:36 pm Thread Starter

STC- Bring your MOA mileage cards

Congrats to fellow STC attendees for listing in the MOA mileage contest...

Fletcher Clark, top 25 listing men... # 11...
Top Mississippi listing also
Karen Gallo, top 25 listing...female..#13

Tom and Karen Gallo, #2 and #3, State of Georgia

Doug Rourda (mag sp) # 4 Tennessee

Howard Schisler # 15,280 miles... OHIO.. is this the same Howard that trailer his LT to the his first STC

OK, who did I miss of you STC folks... post here

Congrats all...

Don G Norwood
11 R1200GSA w/DMC sidecar Radio Flyer IV
2015 G650GS, 1998 1200 C

"Oh Lord I pray, Just let me live long enough to do everything they say I have done"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old Apr 8th, 2008, 8:39 pm Thread Starter

Re: STC- Bring your MOA mileage cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaLT
Congrats to fellow STC attendees for listing in the MOA mileage contest...

Fletcher Clark, top 25 listing men... # 11...
Top Mississippi listing also
Karen Gallo, top 25 listing...female..#13

Tom and Karen Gallo, #2 and #3, State of Georgia

Doug Rourda (mag sp) # 4 Tennessee

Howard Schisler # 15,280 miles... OHIO.. is this the same Howard that trailer his LT to the his first STC

OK, who did I miss of you STC folks... post here

Congrats all...
And for the Great State of South Carolina

#1 Jim Bain
#3 Jeff Mense
#8 Dean Smith

OK, still looking ...is there more STC folks...

Don G Norwood
2015 G650GS, 1998 1200 C

"Oh Lord I pray, Just let me live long enough to do everything they say I have done"
post #3 of 17 Old Apr 8th, 2008, 10:34 pm

Quote:
Howard Schisler # 15,280 miles... OHIO.. is this the same Howard that trailered his LT to his first STC? ...
Why, yes it is! You know I had to trailer the LT to STC 2 years ago. It was a reasonable compromise, so Mrs. hschisler could have a car to tool around in while I was enjoying the bike there. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

Howard Schisler
2015 BMW K1600GTL
2009 BMW K1200LT - 60k miles
2012 BMW F650GS (sold)
2005 BMW K1200LT - "Gray Ghost", traded at 120k miles
2005 Honda Shadow 650 (sold)
AMA, IBA, BMW MOA. CCRs: Braselton 2006, Osage Beach 2007, Duluth 2012

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[/URL]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 17 Old Apr 8th, 2008, 10:45 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hschisler
Why, yes it is! You know I had to trailer the LT to STC 2 years ago. It was a reasonable compromise, so Mrs. hschisler could have a car to tool around in while I was enjoying the bike there. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.
I have always said that trailering my bike, gave me more opportunities to ride, especially when other family members are along.

Good to hear from you Howard, congrats on the mileage.

Don G Norwood
2015 G650GS, 1998 1200 C

post #5 of 17 Old Apr 8th, 2008, 10:49 pm

Quote:
I have always said that trailering my bike, gave me more opportunities to ride, especially when other family members are along.

Good to hear from you Howard, congrats on the mileage.
Thanks, Don. My BMW MOA membership expired for a month; it's been renewed but I haven't seen the April issue yet. I'll have to frame it when I get it!

I'm trying to figure out a way to get down to STC next week; it could be a last-minute thing, and at this point I'll probably have to pitch a tent! I have heard that two other (in)famous Ohioans are heading down...

Howard Schisler
2015 BMW K1600GTL
2012 BMW F650GS (sold)

[/URL]
post #6 of 17 Old Apr 8th, 2008, 11:23 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Thanks, Don. My BMW MOA membership expired for a month; it's been renewed but I haven't seen the April issue yet. I'll have to frame it when I get it!

I'm trying to figure out a way to get down to STC next week; it could be a last-minute thing, and at this point I'll probably have to pitch a tent! I have heard that two other (in)famous Ohioans are heading down...
Come on down!!!!

The new milage card is in the April issue, contest start on Sat. April 12, 08 this year...

Don G Norwood
2015 G650GS, 1998 1200 C

post #7 of 17 Old Apr 9th, 2008, 7:00 am

Hey Howard

I may be a last minute participant also, If you firm up any plans let me know and maybe we can meet up. I also will be tenting if I go, but I will be towing the new trailer so I can get a feel for what that feels like, before this summers trip with the wife.

Glen
Litchfield
post #8 of 17 Old Apr 9th, 2008, 9:07 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenhinegardner
Hey Howard

I may be a last minute participant also, If you firm up any plans let me know and maybe we can meet up. I also will be tenting if I go, but I will be towing the new trailer so I can get a feel for what that feels like, before this summers trip with the wife.

Glen
Litchfield
Glen, I'll do that. Give me a call on Monday or Tuesday of next week in case you haven't heard from me. Very tentative at this point.

I understand Joe and Mike are heading down on Wednesday. I wonder if STC is ready for 4 Ohioans?

Howard Schisler
2015 BMW K1600GTL
2012 BMW F650GS (sold)

[/URL]
post #9 of 17 Old Apr 9th, 2008, 9:22 pm

Howard, I also would like to go down Wed. and return on Sat. My riding style is a little slower than Joes for sure, but I usually do the speed limit plus five.

I will give you a call on Mon or Tues.

Glen
post #10 of 17 Old Apr 10th, 2008, 8:00 pm

Quote:
Howard, I also would like to go down Wed. and return on Sat. My riding style is a little slower than Joe's for sure, but I usually do the speed limit plus five.

I will give you a call on Mon or Tues.

Glen
Glen, it all fell into place today, so I'm going. Same schedule as you, and my riding style is definitely in sync with what you describe: posted speed limit, plus 5... or 10. If you're interested in riding together call me. There are a couple of routes we could take down and back.

I don't know what Joe and Bill's plans are, but if all parties are of like mind we could make it an Ohio Convoy. I don't want to horn in on anybody else's plans, though.

Howard Schisler
2015 BMW K1600GTL
2012 BMW F650GS (sold)

[/URL]
post #11 of 17 Old Apr 11th, 2008, 7:04 am

Howard

I will know for sure Sunday night, waiting for my vacation to be approved at work???? I will give you a call Sunday night.

I took the trailer for a spin last night and it tracked great even at 75! So I am more than ready to roll. What time are you planning on leaving Wed morning. I dont want to hold you up as Im 2 hours north of you.

Glen
post #12 of 17 Old Apr 11th, 2008, 8:22 pm

Quote:
Howard

I will know for sure Sunday night, waiting for my vacation to be approved at work???? I will give you a call Sunday night.

I took the trailer for a spin last night and it tracked great even at 75! So I am more than ready to roll. What time are you planning on leaving Wed morning. I dont want to hold you up as Im 2 hours north of you.

Glen
Have you seen the emails between Joe, Bill, and me? Do you still have your AOL account? PM me your email address and I'll forward the 2 or 3 emails that we have sent back and forth.

Howard Schisler
2015 BMW K1600GTL
2012 BMW F650GS (sold)

[/URL]
post #13 of 17 Old Apr 14th, 2008, 12:01 pm

Quote:
Glen, it all fell into place today, so I'm going. Same schedule as you, and my riding style is definitely in sync with what you describe: posted speed limit, plus 5... or 10. If you're interested in riding together call me. There are a couple of routes we could take down and back.

I don't know what Joe and Bill's plans are, but if all parties are of like mind we could make it an Ohio Convoy. I don't want to horn in on anybody else's plans, though.
Plus 5 or 10? Are you guys wimps or what. Then again I don't ride as fast a Joe either.

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'02 LTE - Red-blooded Dragonfly
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg
'01 LTC - Flying Purple People Eater (Ya gotta be old enough to understand)(RIP)
'00 LTC - Canyon Red Rover (RIP)

Have you
bmwlt.com lately????

"To not know me is to lose nothing, to not know Him is to lose everything."
post #14 of 17 Old Apr 14th, 2008, 6:35 pm

Hey Steve

One thing I have to keep telling myself is "I'm on VACATION" I'm doing this trip solo, so I am in no hurry to get anywhere. 5 days to go where I want when I want, no pager or emergency call outs from work. Just some beautiful country with some like minded individuals.

But that being said, if I do get a chance to ride with the "legend" and his V1, I may kick it up a notch! maybe +7-12.

Hope to see you all Wed. sometime or afternoon if Joe has anything to do with it?

Glen
Litchfield
post #15 of 17 Old Apr 14th, 2008, 7:52 pm

Glen, the other thing you have to keep telling yourself is "Ride your own ride". Don't be... cajoled into riding beyond your limits or your comfort zone. I've done it a few times and wished I hadn't, and thanked God I wasn't hurt when I was doing it. I never understood the pi$$ing contests about who is the fastest, etc.* I recognize my skills are below par for this community but I'm OK with that. I'm working on Year #3 of riding and I haven't crashed... yet. Most of you guys have been riding since the invention of the internal combustion engine and have skillz I'm working towards.

* Standard disclaimer: This is not intended to disrespect any one person or group of people. I know that sometimes it's good-natured ribbing and sometimes it's a pi$$ing contest. I will probably always volunteer for last place in a group ride, and I'm OK with it.

Howard Schisler
2015 BMW K1600GTL
2012 BMW F650GS (sold)

[/URL]
post #16 of 17 Old Apr 14th, 2008, 8:15 pm

I would love to join you guys from Defiance. If you already have plans I certainly understand and won't get in your way but if the route works to where I can meet up with you guys, I will accomodate you.

Diehly

Poke it through, tuck and roll
post #17 of 17 Old Apr 14th, 2008, 9:05 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehly
I would love to join you guys from Defiance. If you already have plans I certainly understand and won't get in your way but if the route works to where I can meet up with you guys, I will accomodate you.
Emails and phone calls completed!

John it was good talking with you. I think we are all of like mind: we want to get to STC on Wednesday before it gets dark, and we want to get there expeditiously yet safely, while having a good time.

Howard Schisler
2015 BMW K1600GTL
2012 BMW F650GS (sold)

[/URL]

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in