Congrats to Mrs Chilkoot Charlie...aka Small World - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old Nov 12th, 2007, 10:06 am Thread Starter

Congrats to Mrs Chilkoot Charlie...aka Small World

So Friday night when we were doing intros in an MSF basic class, a lady introduces herself and says her hubby has an LT and he just did an ERC the week before. Oh really? Whatsiz name? So she tells me and confirms he went to Statesville. Charlie came up Saturday to take her to lunch and I got to meet him and talk a bit before she ran him off so as to not make her nervous.

I am happy to report she rode very well, passed the class, and can now start bike shopping. The other coach & I tried to persuade her towards BMW.

Congrats Susan!

Randy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old Nov 12th, 2007, 11:54 am

Yeeaa Charlie, pass my congrats on to Susan as well. Have fun.

John

2004 - LT - Anthracite
post #3 of 7 Old Nov 13th, 2007, 7:39 am

I'd like to add my congratulations to Susan as well.

My dear wife (Honeybunny) took a one-on-one Rider 101 course from an MSF instructor a few years ago. It was a requirement for me to go to a Valentine party she had signed me up for. She called it black mail, I called it a fair trade. Honeybunny actually did very well. Better than when I took the same course. However after the class she decided she was content ride 2nd chair on my bike.

I wished BMW made a more friendly rider 101 bike.

post #4 of 7 Old Nov 13th, 2007, 7:55 am Thread Starter

What about an older F650 or the new F800s for a Rider101 bike? Just a thought. With a good beginning rider, that would be a bike to grow with. Should be good for many years, as opposed to something that could be ridden a year or two and then be looking for upgrade.

Other non BMW choices end up being cruisers often. Many good choices out there, the 600 Shadow being my favorite cruiser. Others would include the likes of SV650, 650 Vstrom for the long of leg, the new Kawasaki Versys 650, others in that class, too, even up to the Honda Interceptor. The 250 Ninja has been restyled to look more like a modern sportbike and would make a fun bike for about anyone.

I'm content with my SO riding on back, except it would be easier to take kids if she rode her own.

Randy
post #5 of 7 Old Nov 20th, 2007, 4:25 pm

I started my wife, Sandy, on a Helix in March 1997 before we were married. She rode that 1000 miles so I got her an R850R which she rode for 5000 miles. In July 1997 I got her a '98 R1200C which she has now ridden 45,000 miles. I broke down and married her in October 1998.

The R1200C is an ideal bike for a woman since it is lower to the ground, yet still has plenty of oomph and handles extremely well in the twisties of Deals Gap and the mountains in general.

Wes Phillips
Lake Norman, NC

99 K1200LT "Hans"
98 R1200C (Sandy's bike) "Betty"
86 Honda Helix "Pooter Scooter"
post #6 of 7 Old Nov 29th, 2007, 10:53 am

Man, You never know what you might run across on this site.I will pass all the info and attaboys on to Susan. Thanks for all the suggestions.
Thanks,
Charlie
post #7 of 7 Old Nov 29th, 2007, 11:04 am Thread Starter

Yeah, ya gotta run thru here more often.... : )

Randy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in