While you folks were havin' fun... - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 Old Oct 21st, 2007, 9:36 pm Thread Starter

Wink While you folks were havin' fun...

The beast pictured in the attachments was following me home all the way from Port St. Lucie, Florida this weekend. She's twelve years old and has been married twice! Not to worry, first thing tomorrow morning she's headed to Davis H-D here in Burlington, NC where the tech's will remove her engine and ship it to Milwaukee for a complete overhaul/remanufacturing and return it in about two weeks. In th' meantime I'll be acquiring some farkles for her in preparation for a life she's never known-long distance Iron Butt type riding. I should have her fully outfitted in about thirty days.

If ever there was a reason for Ma BMW to hurry up and introduce her new generation LT so as to prevent someone else from following in my footsteps I don't know what it might be. I'm sorry I couldn't be with you fellows this weekend for fun and fellowship. Ride safe, far and wide!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0807 (Medium).jpg
Views:	174
Size:	148.0 KB
ID:	14891   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0809 (Medium).jpg
Views:	110
Size:	116.0 KB
ID:	14892   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0810 (Medium).jpg
Views:	120
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	14893   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0812 (Medium).jpg
Views:	80
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	14894  

Bruce Harris, Jr.
Burlington, NC USA
1995 Harley-Davidson FLHTCUI Anniversary Edition
2005 Bushtec Turbo +2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old Oct 21st, 2007, 9:41 pm
Just ridin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceHarrisJr
The beast pictured in the attachments was following me home all the way from Port St. Lucie, Florida this weekend. She's twelve years old and has been married twice! Not to worry, first thing tomorrow morning she's headed to Davis H-D here in Burlington, NC where the tech's will remove her engine and ship it to Milwaukee for a complete overhaul/remanufacturing and return it in about two weeks. In th' meantime I'll be acquiring some farkles for her in preparation for a life she's never known-long distance Iron Butt type riding. I should have her fully outfitted in about thirty days.

If ever there was a reason for Ma BMW to hurry up and introduce her new generation LT so as to prevent someone else from following in my footsteps I don't know what it might be. I'm sorry I couldn't be with you fellows this weekend for fun and fellowship. Ride safe, far and wide!
Good looking bike. I'm sure you will enjoy it. Do you no longer have the 'wing?

Randy Prade
Aurora, CO

Just ride it!
Meet Riley

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 23 Old Oct 21st, 2007, 10:24 pm Thread Starter

Red face

[QUOTE=Randy]Good looking bike. I'm sure you will enjoy it. Do you no longer have the 'wing?[/QUOT

Hey Randy! I sold the wing a week ago and bought the Ultra to play with until NA releases another LT.

Bruce Harris, Jr.
Burlington, NC USA
2005 Bushtec Turbo +2

post #4 of 23 Old Oct 21st, 2007, 11:00 pm
Just ridin'

Quote:
Hey Randy! I sold the wing a week ago and bought the Ultra to play with until NA releases another LT.
Good on ya! You probably will miss the GoldWing in many ways, but you may find you really like the Harley. It definitely is a classic tourer.

Randy Prade
Aurora, CO

Just ride it!
Meet Riley

post #5 of 23 Old Oct 22nd, 2007, 6:00 am

Bruce, congrats on the new ride! Good-looking bike. You were missed this weekend.

fletcher
post #6 of 23 Old Oct 22nd, 2007, 6:45 am

30th for Electraglide

However 1st/only to that point for sequential port fuel injection. I have seen a few reach 100K, also have seen many with low milage left behind.
I think mostly because of people inexperinced with the SPFI.
Rock

I'll will poisons the soul
Living well is the best revenge

Rock

post #7 of 23 Old Oct 22nd, 2007, 11:37 am

Hey, missed you and Ruth at Smoky MT Fall Reunion.... we didn't talk about you MUCH...

They took me out and tied me to a tree and whipped me with wet towels...trying to get the story out of me...but I kept the vow of silence...til the second towel... but I had help...it seems that the rumor had spread all the way to a South Carolina beach town....

I am sure you will introduce that baby to LD touring for sure....

See you first Saturday in December at the Eldridge Children Home ride in... you will be the hero on a HD.....but you already their hero...

Take care my friend, best to Ruth and Mary.....

Don G Norwood
11 R1200GSA w/DMC sidecar Radio Flyer IV
2015 G650GS, 1998 1200 C

"Oh Lord I pray, Just let me live long enough to do everything they say I have done"
post #8 of 23 Old Oct 22nd, 2007, 2:33 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaLT
Hey, missed you and Ruth at Smoky MT Fall Reunion.... we didn't talk about you MUCH...
Truth is Bruce your ears should have been flaming. And quit your fibbing, you'll have at least three different bikes before there is a new LT at the rate you go.

Come see us and greetings to Ruth and your parents.

Jeff in Myrtle Beach
'01 LTC
'99 Icon champagne
'02 KLR 650
TZ 185 2 stroke
Honda R100R beater

post #9 of 23 Old Oct 22nd, 2007, 2:35 pm

Quote:
where the tech's will remove her engine and ship it to Milwaukee for a complete overhaul/remanufacturing and return it in about two weeks. In th' meantime I'll be acquiring some farkles for her in preparation for a life she's never known-long distance Iron Butt type riding. I should have her fully outfitted in about thirty days.
Will this include straight pipes so we'll know when you are coming to the beach?

Jeff in Myrtle Beach
'01 LTC
'99 Icon champagne
'02 KLR 650
TZ 185 2 stroke
Honda R100R beater

post #10 of 23 Old Oct 23rd, 2007, 2:46 pm

Quote:

Purdy Bike! your going to like it,

Tom
post #11 of 23 Old Oct 23rd, 2007, 2:58 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffklt
Will this include straight pipes so we'll know when you are coming to the beach?
Hey Jeff, how did you et that US map with the states filled in?

Thanks

Tom
post #12 of 23 Old Oct 23rd, 2007, 5:23 pm

Bruce, Bruce, Bruce!

Brett
2003 K1200LTC SOLD
2013 K1600GTL SOLD
2018 K1600GA SOLD
2019 K1600GA Blue

North Georgia

2005 CCR-Tetons
2006 CCR-Braselton
2008 CCR-Midway
2009 CCR-Rapid City
2011 CCR-Boise
2012 CCR-Duluth
2014 CCR-Chattanooga
2015 CCR-Coeur d 'Alene

post #13 of 23 Old Oct 25th, 2007, 4:00 pm Thread Starter

Wink Sobriety...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkpr1998
Bruce, Bruce, Bruce!

Not to worry Brett. I was soooo sober when I handed over my hard earned money to the gentleman in Florida that it hurt! Ruth and I *did* have a celebratory malt beverage after we realized what we'd done. Seven days later I *still* haven't had the urge for a tattoo, excessive leather or started a collection of skulls. Why just earlier today I was visiting my buds at Davis HD and was *trying* to explain the philosphoy of the Iron Butt community. I now know what it must feel like trying to adapt to a foreign culture overnight; not impossible, just slow and frustrating. I did however leave 'em with a smile on their faces!

Keep 'em on a short leash there in East Tennessee Brett. Ruth and I plan to make up for lost time/opportunity at next spring's gathering! See 'ya then.

Bruce Harris, Jr.
Burlington, NC USA
2005 Bushtec Turbo +2
post #14 of 23 Old Oct 25th, 2007, 5:39 pm

Ya know Bruce, it looks right at home on that trailer.

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'02 LTE - Red-blooded Dragonfly
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg
'01 LTC - Flying Purple People Eater (Ya gotta be old enough to understand)(RIP)
'00 LTC - Canyon Red Rover (RIP)

Have you
bmwlt.com lately????

"To not know me is to lose nothing, to not know Him is to lose everything."
post #15 of 23 Old Oct 26th, 2007, 8:51 pm Thread Starter

Smile

Hey Steve, I've already ordered a sticker from AeroStich that says "If this motorcycle is on a trailer please call the police; it's being stolen". Yeah boy, that will be her first and last ride on a trailer 'cept if I crash 'er. Heck, I was only trying to fit in, don'cha know!! Good to talk with ya and hope to hook up with you and others at the Atlanta mocickle show in January.

Bruce Harris, Jr.
Burlington, NC USA
2005 Bushtec Turbo +2
post #16 of 23 Old Oct 26th, 2007, 10:00 pm
Just ridin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmgs
Hey Jeff, how did you et that US map with the states filled in?

Thanks

Tom
I'm not Jeff but it is probably the one here.

Randy Prade
Aurora, CO

Just ride it!
Meet Riley

post #17 of 23 Old Oct 29th, 2007, 5:53 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy
I'm not Jeff but it is probably the one here.

Thanks Randy! and Jeff (for the PM)

Tom
post #18 of 23 Old Oct 29th, 2007, 6:31 pm

well should be there now (sig file)

Tom

'07 GS Adv (mine), '06 GS <(My brides)
(the only bmw's in the stable)
post #19 of 23 Old Oct 30th, 2007, 5:16 pm

Good, we miss y'all

Quote:
Not to worry Brett. I was soooo sober when I handed over my hard earned money to the gentleman in Florida that it hurt! Ruth and I *did* have a celebratory malt beverage after we realized what we'd done. Seven days later I *still* haven't had the urge for a tattoo, excessive leather or started a collection of skulls. Why just earlier today I was visiting my buds at Davis HD and was *trying* to explain the philosphoy of the Iron Butt community. I now know what it must feel like trying to adapt to a foreign culture overnight; not impossible, just slow and frustrating. I did however leave 'em with a smile on their faces!

Keep 'em on a short leash there in East Tennessee Brett. Ruth and I plan to make up for lost time/opportunity at next spring's gathering! See 'ya then.

As a matter of fact, you can buy the first round of CBS's!

Oh yeah, NO loud pipes!

Brett
2003 K1200LTC SOLD
2013 K1600GTL SOLD
2018 K1600GA SOLD
2019 K1600GA Blue

North Georgia

2005 CCR-Tetons
2006 CCR-Braselton
2008 CCR-Midway
2009 CCR-Rapid City
2011 CCR-Boise
2012 CCR-Duluth
2014 CCR-Chattanooga
2015 CCR-Coeur d 'Alene

post #20 of 23 Old Oct 31st, 2007, 4:11 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkpr1998
As a matter of fact, you can buy the first round of CBS's!

Oh yeah, NO loud pipes!
Bret Pm me you snail mail, I have someting I have to mail you

TOm

Tom

post #21 of 23 Old Oct 31st, 2007, 4:13 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_R
Ya know Bruce, it looks right at home on that trailer.

don't worry Bruce, Steve is just bumming cause he is stuck in 4 wheels, he thought his LT was a GS!

HAHAHAHAHA

(runnin n duckin)

Tom

post #22 of 23 Old Oct 31st, 2007, 4:40 pm

No need to run and duck, I couldn't keep up with you right now anyway. Besides, you're right.

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'02 LTE - Red-blooded Dragonfly
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg
'01 LTC - Flying Purple People Eater (Ya gotta be old enough to understand)(RIP)
'00 LTC - Canyon Red Rover (RIP)

Have you
bmwlt.com lately????

"To not know me is to lose nothing, to not know Him is to lose everything."
post #23 of 23 Old Oct 31st, 2007, 7:29 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_R
No need to run and duck, I couldn't keep up with you right now anyway. Besides, you're right.
hehe, it's very seldom I can poke and outrun the one I am poking, so I'll take advantage of that right now

Tom(from one cripple to another <g>)

Tom

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in