T-W-Th and MicroCars - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old Aug 27th, 2007, 12:44 am Thread Starter

Question T-W-Th and MicroCars

If anyone is available Tues, Wed, or Thur, and is interested in Micro-Cars (that would be the Isetta, Messerschmitt, Gogomobile, NSU, Lambrettas, and a host more) then let me know. We could do a RTE and museum all in one day.

I know, why the Tue, Wed, or Thurs. item, because that is the only time the place is open. I know, that is weird, but isn't the rest of the world also? :-)

If you think this is something you would like to do when it is a bit cooler, then let me know. Why when cooler, I'm not riding in 100 degree heat, and my thermometer showed 100.6 today. :-( I'm thinking of Sept or Oct, when it cools down a good bit.

tcars
John

John Carver
K1200LTC, AMA, BMWMOA
Greensboro, GA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old Aug 27th, 2007, 4:59 am

"Ride when it cools down?" I thought with "Global Warming" it will never cool down. I guess we will just have to deal with it!!

NOGILLS2

Booze Brother# 69
2003 K1200LTE "BEERBURNER" RIP 07/21/09
2006 Aluma Trailer "AFTERBURNER" SOLD
2007 ST1300ABS "Quicksilver"

post #3 of 12 Old Aug 27th, 2007, 8:56 am

Where is this museum? I grew up around those kind of cars in Germany and actually worked on some of them as an apprentice mechanic. I know I am giving my age away... And I could actually fit into one of those , not sure I would fit into a Messerschmitt anymore

Wolfgang

K1200LT 1999 Champaign SOLD
R1100RS 1994 Teal SOLD
R1150RT 2003 Blue (Sold)
R1100RT 1997 Blue

Pest, Budapest Hungary

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness."
Mark Twain

post #4 of 12 Old Aug 27th, 2007, 9:11 am

I'm only 150 miles away from Greensboro, would love to come. We had those cars in South Africa when I was a kid.

Current rides:
2003 BMW 1200 LT (bought in 2006)

Past rides:
97 Kawasaki ZX11(bought new in 1997, sadly sold in September 2014)
89 Honda Hurricane (sold)
88 Honda Hurricane (traded on an SUV)
86 Kawasaki 1000R (stolen but recovered)
84 Honda 750F (traded on 1000R)
81 Suzuki GSX1100 (sold)
78 Suzuki GS750 (traded on GSX1100)
74 Yamaha RD50 (sold)
post #5 of 12 Old Aug 27th, 2007, 2:49 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfgang
Where is this museum?...
There's a microcar museum in Madison, GA. Neat place. Be sure of their hours before you plan a visit - couple of years ago, they were only open one day a week!

- Bob

Cowboy Bob Menton

Greenville SC USA
'07 K1200GT, '69 R60US (mint!)
'83 R80S (nee '83 R80RT)
"You can never escape the FOG (Fast Old Guys)"
post #6 of 12 Old Aug 27th, 2007, 8:59 pm Thread Starter

Smile

Quote:
Where is this museum? I grew up around those kind of cars in Germany and actually worked on some of them as an apprentice mechanic. I know I am giving my age away... And I could actually fit into one of those , not sure I would fit into a Messerschmitt anymore

Wolfgang. and others:

There is a museum with a significant number (some I never heard of) of the MicroCars about midway between Atlanta and Augusta, GA. As for our ages, sounds like we are near each other and I for sure will not fit in a good number of them. :-)

The place is nearby and I do plan to visit it, just thought it would be nice to have others with similar interests to tag along. The more the merryier. There is also a good local pizza restraurant in the vicinity, so we could have a good lunch, (with a beer if so desired) then visit the museum.

I was quite amazed to find something like this in my area, as I basically live 30 minutes from anywhere you'd want to be. But as most places, the world is creeping in around us.

Let me know your thoughts and I'll see what I can do to accomodate it.

tcars
John

John Carver
K1200LTC, AMA, BMWMOA
Greensboro, GA

post #7 of 12 Old Aug 27th, 2007, 9:08 pm Thread Starter

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob_menton
There's a microcar museum in Madison, GA. Neat place. Be sure of their hours before you plan a visit - couple of years ago, they were only open one day a week!

- Bob
Bob:

That is the one, but now they are open three days a week, part of the year. :-) That seems to go with the southern philosophy. bgof They now have about, if not over, 100 microcars. There are a few that what you see is the only remaining car of that manufacturer.

As for Madison, it is quite unique, it is the city that Sherman refused to burn. Once you visit it, you will see why, some very nice homes.

As I told Wolfgang, anyone interested in a group venture, let me know and I'll see what I can do to accomodate all. I'm only about 30 minutes from there and visit Madison quite often.

tcars
John

John Carver
K1200LTC, AMA, BMWMOA
Greensboro, GA

post #8 of 12 Old Sep 4th, 2007, 5:54 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCarver
Wolfgang. and others:

There is a museum with a significant number (some I never heard of) of the MicroCars about midway between Atlanta and Augusta, GA. As for our ages, sounds like we are near each other and I for sure will not fit in a good number of them. :-)

The place is nearby and I do plan to visit it, just thought it would be nice to have others with similar interests to tag along. The more the merryier. There is also a good local pizza restraurant in the vicinity, so we could have a good lunch, (with a beer if so desired) then visit the museum.

I was quite amazed to find something like this in my area, as I basically live 30 minutes from anywhere you'd want to be. But as most places, the world is creeping in around us.

Let me know your thoughts and I'll see what I can do to accomodate it.

tcars
John
Liar, you can't get to the Iron Horse MC Lodge in 30 minutes.

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'02 LTE - Red-blooded Dragonfly
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg
'01 LTC - Flying Purple People Eater (Ya gotta be old enough to understand)(RIP)
'00 LTC - Canyon Red Rover (RIP)

Have you
bmwlt.com lately????

"To not know me is to lose nothing, to not know Him is to lose everything."
post #9 of 12 Old Sep 5th, 2007, 10:10 am Thread Starter

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_R
Liar, you can't get to the Iron Horse MC Lodge in 30 minutes.
Steve: You are right, it takes numerous hours to get to IronHorse. Guess I need to alter the statement, "I live at least 30 minutes from anywhere you'd want to be". The exception to that; I can be in Madison in less than 25 min.

Where have you been hiding? I got a bunch of computer problems, it is called Vista. The most ironic part of this is that they will not have a driver for my printer until October, if then?

tcars
John

John Carver
K1200LTC, AMA, BMWMOA
Greensboro, GA

post #10 of 12 Old Sep 11th, 2007, 7:14 am

We have family in Atlanta. next time we are there this place will be on my agenda. Little far from Houston for a weekend trip. Does the place have a website?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCarver
Steve: You are right, it takes numerous hours to get to IronHorse. Guess I need to alter the statement, "I live at least 30 minutes from anywhere you'd want to be". The exception to that; I can be in Madison in less than 25 min.

Where have you been hiding? I got a bunch of computer problems, it is called Vista. The most ironic part of this is that they will not have a driver for my printer until October, if then?

tcars
John

Wolfgang

K1200LT 1999 Champaign SOLD
R1100RS 1994 Teal SOLD
R1150RT 2003 Blue (Sold)
R1100RT 1997 Blue

Pest, Budapest Hungary

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness."
Mark Twain

post #11 of 12 Old Sep 12th, 2007, 4:59 am

Quote:
We have family in Atlanta. next time we are there this place will be on my agenda. Little far from Houston for a weekend trip. Does the place have a website?
Yep. http://www.microcarmuseum.com/

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'02 LTE - Red-blooded Dragonfly
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg
'01 LTC - Flying Purple People Eater (Ya gotta be old enough to understand)(RIP)
'00 LTC - Canyon Red Rover (RIP)

Have you
bmwlt.com lately????

"To not know me is to lose nothing, to not know Him is to lose everything."
post #12 of 12 Old Sep 12th, 2007, 10:59 am
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_R
Very kewl website and cars. Thanks for the link Steve

Stevie Shreeve

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in