Here's To John AND Judy Bowles - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old Jul 21st, 2007, 7:35 pm Thread Starter

Talking Here's To John AND Judy Bowles

Thanks for hosting a wonderful day. Enjoyed meeting everyone and learning a good bit about the LT. John will be a tough act to follow for the next NC session host.

Thanks again for all the work with the bikes and the food!

Chris

Hiddenite NC

'99 LTi Champagne

GTHC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old Jul 21st, 2007, 9:29 pm

+1 to what Chris said.

Thank you, John and Judy for welcoming us your home, yard, and garage.

I enjoyed meeting folks from the forum and had a good morning learning how to get under my LT's skin. Thanks for all the helpful info. Sorry I couldn't stay longer. I would have liked to have seen the tupperware being put back on. My son's birthday party came off without a hitch.

Thanks again and I look forward to the next session.

Lee
Y2K K1200 LT Canyon Red - Torn apart by a Bimmer 11-10-10. Sold to Saddleman to be reanimated.
2005 K1200 LT Ocean Blue
ATGATT
CCR 2009, CCR 2010, CCR 2012
IBA #39250
SS1000 - September 2009
BB1500 - September 2009
BMW MOA #167909
post #3 of 14 Old Jul 22nd, 2007, 6:51 am

+1 to that. I didn't realize who everyone was and don't think I even met everyone, but it was a great time and nice to have all the folks there to help out.

Randy

post #4 of 14 Old Jul 22nd, 2007, 5:45 pm

You know, I've had 2 long posts now and have lost both due to my haste in closing the browser after checking that the link works I'm really getting PO'd now. I really hate typing, cause I suck at it.

If there is a draft mode that keeps a post until it is submitted, please let me know. This happens to me often and really ticks me off.

So real short and sweet one more time.

Thanks to everyone for helping me pull this session together. It was fun.

Please see the link below for some pics and please post any pics you may have taken.

http://john-njudy.smugmug.com/gallery/3191742#P-1-15

Thanks again,

John

2004 - LT - Anthracite
post #5 of 14 Old Jul 22nd, 2007, 6:38 pm

Smile

Great pics John, hope it did not take you too long to clean up after everyone left
post #6 of 14 Old Jul 22nd, 2007, 7:13 pm
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car

Looks like a great turnout good work there guys

Stevie Shreeve
post #7 of 14 Old Jul 22nd, 2007, 7:24 pm

Just being there to observe gave me enough knowledge to undertake tupperware removal today. I intended to do a valve clearance check, change the plugs, lube the shift linkage, and add oil to the rear shock reservior. After removing the lower fairing, I checked my tool box for a large torx driver/socket. I didn't want to get the upper removed and be short a needed tool. Had a 30 and a 45, of which, neither fits. I decided to leave the valves for another day and did the other three items on my list.

Looks like I'm going to have to buy some more tools. DANG! I just HATE buying new tools.

Now that that's over with, who wants to go for a ride?

Lee
Y2K K1200 LT Canyon Red - Torn apart by a Bimmer 11-10-10. Sold to Saddleman to be reanimated.
2005 K1200 LT Ocean Blue
ATGATT
CCR 2009, CCR 2010, CCR 2012
IBA #39250
SS1000 - September 2009
BB1500 - September 2009
BMW MOA #167909
post #8 of 14 Old Jul 22nd, 2007, 7:28 pm

Great job Lee. Also see you got the more accurate info on the reservoir re-fill. I'm not sure we were depressing that plunger as needed when they were done yesterday.

Later

John

2004 - LT - Anthracite
post #9 of 14 Old Jul 23rd, 2007, 6:56 am

Smile

hi john. thank you very much for hosting the teck session. thank your lovely bride for all the good food. had a great time, seamed good to be able to put a face with a name of some of the guys. if you come over here to bike nite give me a heads-up.
post #10 of 14 Old Jul 23rd, 2007, 8:42 am

effects of the Dragon

I have to say a special thanks to John and Judy for letting me stay there sat. night. I learned a ton at tech session. Shifting with hardly pulling in the clutch makes it a completely different bike. Not near the clunk it used to be. I made it home to Ohio fine, got in about 11:15 Sunday. John took me up "The Little Dragon" (181). Then i went down the BRP to the end. Then cut across to go on the Cherohala Skyline. But somehow missed 143 and ended up going on the dragon. Kept up with two crotch rockets for about 2 miles.

The Avons are REALLY sticky.

If my shock was fixed it would have been a lot better. There was one wreck somehow yesterday and a guy was laying on the road. Many people were there to help him no protection on. See pics. on effects of dragon on LT's. The dragon was still fun but there is a lot of people on it.

Then i headed home. Took a back way to get to 75 then interstate from there. Thanks to everyone that taught me something, helped work on my bike, and just talking about things was very interesting. It was a great time.

Didn't get much pictures of the mountains because it was so foggy and sun was hardly up. It was 51 degrees on Mount Mitchell. Then with wind chill i think it was around 33.

Thanks again to everyone, Neil
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	north carolina 005.JPG
Views:	29
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	13310   Click image for larger version

Name:	north carolina 012.JPG
Views:	37
Size:	117.0 KB
ID:	13311   Click image for larger version

Name:	north carolina 015.JPG
Views:	37
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	13312   Click image for larger version

Name:	north carolina 016.JPG
Views:	38
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	13313   Click image for larger version

Name:	north carolina 004.JPG
Views:	34
Size:	177.5 KB
ID:	13314  

Neil '00 K1200LT '08 KLR
"Far away, is far away...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Only if you don't go!!!"
post #11 of 14 Old Jul 23rd, 2007, 4:58 pm

Ditto

I second and third what all the others have said, thank you for providing such a great day: great weather, great food, great people, and a great time.

It was fun to see so many of the big ladies in various stages of undress, and best of all, mine was not one of them.

- Kirk Simons -
2005 K1200LT - LeRoi
1988 NT650GT - One of these days
1986 VFR700 - VFROOM
post #12 of 14 Old Jul 23rd, 2007, 8:51 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironbuttwannabe
I have to say a special thanks to John and Judy for letting me stay there sat. night. I learned a ton at tech session. Shifting with hardly pulling in the clutch makes it a completely different bike. Not near the clunk it used to be. I made it home to Ohio fine, got in about 11:15 Sunday. John took me up "The Little Dragon" (181). Then i went down the BRP to the end. Then cut across to go on the Cherohala Skyline. But somehow missed 143 and ended up going on the dragon. Kept up with two crotch rockets for about 2 miles.

The Avons are REALLY sticky.

If my shock was fixed it would have been a lot better. There was one wreck somehow yesterday and a guy was laying on the road. Many people were there to help him no protection on. See pics. on effects of dragon on LT's. The dragon was still fun but there is a lot of people on it.

Then i headed home. Took a back way to get to 75 then interstate from there. Thanks to everyone that taught me something, helped work on my bike, and just talking about things was very interesting. It was a great time.

Didn't get much pictures of the mountains because it was so foggy and sun was hardly up. It was 51 degrees on Mount Mitchell. Then with wind chill i think it was around 33.

Thanks again to everyone, Neil
Glad you made it home safely Neil. Great ridin there. What a great mix of adventure.

Think about this fellas.

North on 181 for about 30 miles for a pretty quick start. Then about 150 miles of scenic parkway cruising, you were cruising weren't you Neil. Couple hundred miles wandering around WNC then through the Gap and on to Knoxville. Then slab time up to North Eastern Ohio. I got him at about 750-800 miles with half on secondary roads. I think he just might have the prerequisite butt of iron. We left at 7:00Am, so about 16 hours in the saddle.

Nice pics, did you do any of that fairing scraping on 181? That usually happens while under braking and cornering.

Thanks for coming down and taking home the traveling honors.

See you round.

John

2004 - LT - Anthracite
post #13 of 14 Old Jul 23rd, 2007, 9:10 pm

I might have breaked in the dragon on a few curves then with the humps in the road thats probably where it came from. I had a blast though.

The whole trip was 1,535 miles. Averaged right around 49 mpg. It was right around 850 miles coming home. Saw a few LT's and an RT went flying by me going round 85 with some harleys. I decided to bump the cruise up a bit and they slowed down, finally passed them and kept that pace. I was still getting passed by cars some so I figured I was ok. Didn't see a cop till Ohio. I figured that. In Ohio I went just above the speed because if you ever drove through it you know how bad they are.

Neil '00 K1200LT '08 KLR
"Far away, is far away...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Only if you don't go!!!"
post #14 of 14 Old Jul 23rd, 2007, 11:56 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybridcage
Thanks for hosting a wonderful day. Enjoyed meeting everyone and learning a good bit about the LT. John will be a tough act to follow for the next NC session host.

Thanks again for all the work with the bikes and the food!
+1 cburton3 enjoyed the day learned a lot. Thanks for the Safety wire job on the muffler bracket. Good food, good people and a beautiful day who could ask for more.
Thanks Curt

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in