GA Tech Session - June 30 - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 53 Old Jun 13th, 2007, 11:34 pm Thread Starter

Smile GA Tech Session - June 30

I've contacted John R and he has agreed to offer his expertise in showing us how to work on our LT's. The date is June 30th, a Saturday. The place is Greensboro, GA. That is midway between Atlanta and Augusta just off I-20, exit 130.

I'll be adding the HID lighting, then maybe an Autocomm system with the aid of John's knowledge. If you have a special request, now is the time to let it be known. I have room for several bikes, even a HF tire changer, so plan now.

I'll have more details as they come available. And for those who know me, yes, the cameras will be working. :-)

tcars
John C

Address: 1090 Webb Lake Drive, Greensboro, GA 30642

John Carver
K1200LTC, AMA, BMWMOA
Greensboro, GA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by johnrehder; Jul 2nd, 2007 at 2:02 pm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 53 Old Jun 14th, 2007, 2:38 pm

Congratulations on signing up Mr. Rehder for your work day. That should help boost your attendance. If you could get David Shealey to show up too, you might be able to charge admission to see the dynamic duo in action.

Lee Nowell
Black 01, LTC
BMWRA & MOA, AMA, IBA
post #3 of 53 Old Jun 17th, 2007, 7:51 am

Smile you are too kind!

Lee,
you and the boys gonna make an appearance? Would be great to see you and the gang again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnowell
Congratulations on signing up Mr. Rehder for your work day. That should help boost your attendance. If you could get David Shealey to show up too, you might be able to charge admission to see the dynamic duo in action.

looking around for a possible replacement

2001 K1200 LTC Mauve (Hi-Way Star) may she rest in peace!

CCR'2001 Hotsprings, AR., Sante Fe, NM., Gatlinberg, TN.
Breckinridge, CO., Grand Teton Nat. Prk, WY.
Chateau Elan, GA., Tan-a-Tar-A missed it!

post #4 of 53 Old Jun 17th, 2007, 11:01 am

Hi John,

I am going to try and be there. I might want to do an oil change and wire a GPS for my LT.

Thanks,
Glenn
post #5 of 53 Old Jun 17th, 2007, 5:11 pm

John, I would love to come by. If you have the room. I live 40 or so minutes from Greensboro. David/aka bone1.
post #6 of 53 Old Jun 17th, 2007, 9:12 pm

Ga tech session

I would like to stop by and watch and maybe get my HID install looked at I have grounding problems. I live in woodstock ga and new to the LT. Let me know if this would be ok

Thanks
VanO
post #7 of 53 Old Jun 18th, 2007, 9:01 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrehder
Lee,
you and the boys gonna make an appearance? Would be great to see you and the gang again.
John,

We have a little local BMW club here and with that we have access to shop resources that are beyond what we deserve. We have a member that can make a tool if we can't find one we need. He also made custom cones for balancing tires.

I would like to get together with you again and will contact my cohorts and see if they would like to make a trip for a visit since you are going to be so close.

That being said, I do have a bit of a problem myself. When repairing my right MotorLight (bulb fine - wire behind conductor broken) Saturday evening, I noticed an oily (dusty) residue on the back side of the right fork tube. It was all the way down to my front caliper but not onto the pads. I cleaned it up the best I could and could not find any further leakage after a short ride Sunday.

I guess I have a bad fork seal and need to get it fixed. Since I need to replace the fuel filter pretty soon and will have her apart, that would be the best time to do it. I will search previous post to see how to do it - just have not had time this morning.

Hope you and yours are doing well.

Lee Nowell
Black 01, LTC
BMWRA & MOA, AMA, IBA
post #8 of 53 Old Jun 18th, 2007, 9:53 am

Smile the more the marrier!

come on down, we can take a look see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vano
I would like to stop by and watch and maybe get my HID install looked at I have grounding problems. I live in woodstock ga and new to the LT. Let me know if this would be ok

Thanks
VanO

post #9 of 53 Old Jun 18th, 2007, 12:23 pm Thread Starter

Smile

Folks:

I have room for at least 3 bikes in the shop and there is a 12 X 30 roof over the back which could handle 2-3 more. Let me know your preferences; coke, sprite, diet, etc. and I'll see if I can stock the fridge. Now there is no AC, so prepare to be warm.

John R has suggested we eat here and I can have burgers and hot dogs. If you have other thoughts on that, let me know. An alternative thought on that would be a late lunch somewhere locally. Whatever the consensus wants is what we will do, so let me know so I can plan accordingly.

As to where I am located, Greensboro, GA. That is midway between Atlanta and Augusta, just off I-20, exit 130. I'll get more specific directions later.

ttyl
John

John Carver
K1200LTC, AMA, BMWMOA
Greensboro, GA

post #10 of 53 Old Jun 18th, 2007, 3:06 pm

Tech session

Hey John, haven't seen you since the Diner in Cornelia.

I too would like to come and replace my pads, especially my rear sqeaky ones, change my oil and get more familiar with the underside of the tupperware. I have already had my HID put on, but it can be used as an example of how it was done.

Let me know what I would need to bring....
post #11 of 53 Old Jun 19th, 2007, 10:10 pm Thread Starter

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamabear
Hey John, haven't seen you since the Diner in Cornelia.

I too would like to come and replace my pads, especially my rear sqeaky ones, change my oil and get more familiar with the underside of the tupperware. I have already had my HID put on, but it can be used as an example of how it was done.

Let me know what I would need to bring....
Bring your brake pads, oil, filter, etc. I think I've got 3-4 sets of allen wrenches, that is all that is needed for an oil change. As for what is under the tupperware, that is what John R is for. :-)

To ALL: I'm headed for Knoxville so I'll be out of reach, at least by this means. No, I don't carry a notebook computer anymore. :-)

tcars
John C

John Carver
K1200LTC, AMA, BMWMOA
Greensboro, GA

post #12 of 53 Old Jun 20th, 2007, 8:36 am

Hey John,

I don't really need any work done on the bike right now, but I would love to come watch and meet some folks if there's room....

Al Strickland
Blairsville, Georgia
1967 Honda Cub
1972 Honda CB350
1979 Suzuki GS750E
2001 R1150GS (gone -- victim of a Highway 28 curve)
2002 K1200LT Trike (now history, transmission died)
2009 R1200GS
2013 K1600GTL

2009 K1300GT
post #13 of 53 Old Jun 20th, 2007, 6:44 pm

Post come on down!

Al,
Come on down, the more hands we have the better chance to tear more lt's apart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alstrickland55
Hey John,

I don't really need any work done on the bike right now, but I would love to come watch and meet some folks if there's room....

post #14 of 53 Old Jun 20th, 2007, 8:26 pm

I got a kitchen pass, I got a kitchen pass!!! I'll see y'all there.

I can lead some through the oil changes as I need to get mine done.

John R: Are we going to meet up somewhere and ride in together since I know where the house is?

John C: What ever and whenever about eating is fine with me.

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'02 LTE - Red-blooded Dragonfly
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg
'01 LTC - Flying Purple People Eater (Ya gotta be old enough to understand)(RIP)
'00 LTC - Canyon Red Rover (RIP)

Have you
bmwlt.com lately????

"To not know me is to lose nothing, to not know Him is to lose everything."
post #15 of 53 Old Jun 20th, 2007, 9:38 pm

Wow, I let the miles slip up on me. I just looked at the odo and it's past 26K. I've changed the fluids every 6K but I don't think the valve clearance has been checked since 12K. I think this would be a good time for me to tackle that....

Al Strickland
Blairsville, Georgia
1967 Honda Cub
1972 Honda CB350
1979 Suzuki GS750E
2009 R1200GS
2013 K1600GTL

2009 K1300GT
post #16 of 53 Old Jun 21st, 2007, 10:09 am

Smile I-20 for me

It would be way faster for me to get on IH20 and hook it the 100 miles or so.
How will you go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_R
I got a kitchen pass, I got a kitchen pass!!! I'll see y'all there.

I can lead some through the oil changes as I need to get mine done.

John R: Are we going to meet up somewhere and ride in together since I know where the house is?

John C: What ever and whenever about eating is fine with me.

post #17 of 53 Old Jun 21st, 2007, 2:38 pm

I hate I-20 from Conyers east. I never ever use it anymore going to Augusta or points farther east until I have to. I'll run from my house down the back roads to Social Circle and then run US-278 from there to Greensboro. A lot more fun than I-20.
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrehder
It would be way faster for me to get on IH20 and hook it the 100 miles or so.
How will you go?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Snellville to Greensboro.JPG
Views:	29
Size:	186.7 KB
ID:	12622  

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg
'01 LTC - Flying Purple People Eater (Ya gotta be old enough to understand)(RIP)

Have you
bmwlt.com lately????

post #18 of 53 Old Jun 21st, 2007, 6:52 pm

Question

Steve,

Am I missing something? I can not find the address to this tech session anywhere on the thread? Don't need a reason to ride but it is always nice to have a destination. Thought I would swing by to see everyone.

May we never find the end of the road!

Perry Ridgway

oknplm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_R
I hate I-20 from Conyers east. I never ever use it anymore going to Augusta or points farther east until I have to. I'll run from my house down the back roads to Social Circle and then run US-278 from there to Greensboro. A lot more fun than I-20.
post #19 of 53 Old Jun 21st, 2007, 6:59 pm

No you haven't missed it. John hasn't posted it and he is out on the road at the Honda Hoot and does not have his laptop with him. I think I can Google it and compare to what I have. I'll edit his post when I've got it.

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg

Have you
bmwlt.com lately????

post #20 of 53 Old Jun 21st, 2007, 11:42 pm

Al,

I live by the MAll of Georgia. Since you're in Braselton, if you want to ride over let me know.
post #21 of 53 Old Jun 22nd, 2007, 6:40 am

I think

it is 1090 Webbs lake rd, Greensboro, Ga 30642

Quote:
Originally Posted by oknplm
Steve,

Am I missing something? I can not find the address to this tech session anywhere on the thread? Don't need a reason to ride but it is always nice to have a destination. Thought I would swing by to see everyone.

Perry Ridgway

oknplm
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tech session.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	273.9 KB
ID:	12632  

post #22 of 53 Old Jun 22nd, 2007, 7:17 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamabear
Al,

I live by the MAll of Georgia. Since you're in Braselton, if you want to ride over let me know.
That would be great. We can meet at the QT at the Mall of GA exit I85. We should probably allow a couple of hours to get there. I'm not sure what time. I'm sure that will be posted.

Al Strickland
Blairsville, Georgia
1967 Honda Cub
1972 Honda CB350
1979 Suzuki GS750E
2009 R1200GS
2013 K1600GTL

2009 K1300GT
post #23 of 53 Old Jun 22nd, 2007, 3:12 pm

Sound good Al, I'll meet you there at QT at 20 & I-85 and we can head on over to Greensboro.

fyi...I'll be leaving for a 4 day bike trip in the morning over to Alabama. I won't be back online until about Wednesday or so. I'll check back then for more details. I already have my oil and filter and should have my brake pads by then.

See you all, safe riding!!!
post #24 of 53 Old Jun 22nd, 2007, 4:40 pm Thread Starter

Smile

Gents: I cut my trip short as the son was not going to come up and join me, so I headed back home. Only took 8 hours and I won't bore you with the details here, but I did see 100 degrees on the readout coming around the loop in Athens. A wee bit warm. Just hoping it is not that hot next Sat.

As to directions, get on I-20 between Atlanta and Augusta. Get off at exit 130 (highway 44) and head into Greensboro. Greensboro is on the north side of I-20, so that should tell you if you turn left or right. It is a bit over 2 miles into town. You will come to a red light (in the center of town), turn right (this is still highway 44 east to Union Point). One short block later there is another red light, go straight. A little over one block later there is a caution light with highway 15 going off on the right, stay left. In short, just stay on highway 44 east. After a curve to the left you will start going up a long hill, there will be an Ingles grocery on the left. There is a short flat section at the top of the hill. Just before you start downhill there will be a road on the left, Webb Lake Drive (it is a bit hard to see). Turn left and follow the road across the dam. After you cross the dam the road turns right, I'm the 4th house on the right.

The map link John R posted earlier is correct.

Again, let me know you preferred beverage and thougth for lunch. Now to unpack, but that will be after dark when it is a bit cooler. As for the Hoot, about the same as before, there were a few new things added.

tcars
John C

John Carver
K1200LTC, AMA, BMWMOA
Greensboro, GA

post #25 of 53 Old Jun 22nd, 2007, 5:07 pm

can I tag along?

Al and Bamabear,
I am looking forward to going as well and you guys aren't far from me either so what time are you going to be at the QT and I will do what I can to meet you guys there. It will be nice to meet you Bamabear finally. I have met Al and his wife on a few trips already and look forward to riding with everyone.

thanks
Don

Whiskey4me
aka: Pirate Don

02 K1200LT "Remedy"
05 R1200GS "Therapy"
04 VTX 1300 "Phoenix" retired
post #26 of 53 Old Jun 23rd, 2007, 12:54 pm

Question

John,

The Georgia "UltraSeal" tire sealant dealer is located just east of you (Washington, GA.). Was hoping to pick up some more product while I was in your neck of the woods. Would it be OK to have him stop by your place, so he can deliver it to me, while I am there? This would save me an additional trip later on. Is this OK with you?

Perry Ridgway

oknplm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCarver
Gents: I cut my trip short as the son was not going to come up and join me, so I headed back home. Only took 8 hours and I won't bore you with the details here, but I did see 100 degrees on the readout coming around the loop in Athens. A wee bit warm. Just hoping it is not that hot next Sat.

As to directions, get on I-20 between Atlanta and Augusta. Get off at exit 130 (highway 44) and head into Greensboro. Greensboro is on the north side of I-20, so that should tell you if you turn left or right. It is a bit over 2 miles into town. You will come to a red light (in the center of town), turn right (this is still highway 44 east to Union Point). One short block later there is another red light, go straight. A little over one block later there is a caution light with highway 15 going off on the right, stay left. In short, just stay on highway 44 east. After a curve to the left you will start going up a long hill, there will be an Ingles grocery on the left. There is a short flat section at the top of the hill. Just before you start downhill there will be a road on the left, Webb Lake Drive (it is a bit hard to see). Turn left and follow the road across the dam. After you cross the dam the road turns right, I'm the 4th house on the right.

The map link John R posted earlier is correct.

Again, let me know you preferred beverage and thougth for lunch. Now to unpack, but that will be after dark when it is a bit cooler. As for the Hoot, about the same as before, there were a few new things added.

tcars
John C
post #27 of 53 Old Jun 24th, 2007, 10:30 am Thread Starter

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by oknplm
John,

The Georgia "UltraSeal" tire sealant dealer is located just east of you (Washington, GA.). Was hoping to pick up some more product while I was in your neck of the woods. Would it be OK to have him stop by your place, so he can deliver it to me, while I am there?
oknplm
Perry, in a word, YES! Is this the stuff that you put in your tires to provide a larger measure of safety against a flat? If it is better than "Ride On" then he needs to brign some extra, I'm about out. :-)

tcars
John

John Carver
K1200LTC, AMA, BMWMOA
Greensboro, GA

post #28 of 53 Old Jun 24th, 2007, 11:39 am

Thumbs up

Yes this is the product I was told about by some British tourist I met in the North Georgia Mtns. The dealer is the Georgia distributor. He sells primarily to commercial accounts and farmers. Tire sealants have not really caught on in the U.S. within the general public. I will contact him and ask that he bring additional information and/or product in the event others are interested.

Perry Ridgway

Quote:
Perry, in a word, YES! Is this the stuff that you put in your tires to provide a larger measure of safety against a flat? If it is better than "Ride On" then he needs to brign some extra, I'm about out. :-)

tcars
John
post #29 of 53 Old Jun 26th, 2007, 8:19 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate_Don
Al and Bamabear,
I am looking forward to going as well and you guys aren't far from me either so what time are you going to be at the QT and I will do what I can to meet you guys there. It will be nice to meet you Bamabear finally. I have met Al and his wife on a few trips already and look forward to riding with everyone.

thanks
Don

Don and Bamabear,

We probably should allow ourselves a couple of hours to get from the QT to John's house.

John, what time are things kicking off?

Al Strickland
Blairsville, Georgia
1967 Honda Cub
1972 Honda CB350
1979 Suzuki GS750E
2009 R1200GS
2013 K1600GTL

2009 K1300GT
post #30 of 53 Old Jun 26th, 2007, 10:32 pm Thread Starter

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by alstrickland55
Don and Bamabear,

John, what time are things kicking off?
Gents: You tell me when you can get here. I'm usually up by 7:00, (being lazy now that I am retired??) and anything after that is OK.

Now, how many are coming?

How much coffee do I need to have ready?

tcars
John

John Carver
K1200LTC, AMA, BMWMOA
Greensboro, GA

post #31 of 53 Old Jun 27th, 2007, 12:23 pm

start time

I am not sure that we could get there earlier than 9 a.m. anyway would 10 a.m. be better? and as for coffee you didn't know that it stunts your growth??? that's why I drink coke. What do you think about the time John?

thanks
Don

Whiskey4me

02 K1200LT "Remedy"
05 R1200GS "Therapy"
post #32 of 53 Old Jun 27th, 2007, 8:34 pm

Thumbs up

Quote:
Gents: You tell me when you can get here. I'm usually up by 7:00, (being lazy now that I am retired??) and anything after that is OK.

tcars
John
John, I''ll be there by 0900. Coffee , coke ,hamburger, chips.& I'll bring $$ to help offset the cost. Bone1.
post #33 of 53 Old Jun 27th, 2007, 8:47 pm

John,

I should be there by 9:00 AM. Meeting UltraSeal distributor at 10:00AM. I don't drink coffee.

Perry Ridgway

oknplm

Quote:

tcars
John
post #34 of 53 Old Jun 28th, 2007, 8:18 am

Attending Tech Session on June 30:

Al Strickland

Al Strickland
Blairsville, Georgia
1967 Honda Cub
1972 Honda CB350
1979 Suzuki GS750E
2009 R1200GS
2013 K1600GTL

2009 K1300GT
post #35 of 53 Old Jun 28th, 2007, 8:23 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate_Don
I am not sure that we could get there earlier than 9 a.m. anyway would 10 a.m. be better? and as for coffee you didn't know that it stunts your growth??? that's why I drink coke. What do you think about the time John?

thanks
Don
Don, Can you be at the QT by 8:30? That should put us at John's by around 10:00.

Al Strickland
Blairsville, Georgia
1967 Honda Cub
1972 Honda CB350
1979 Suzuki GS750E
2009 R1200GS
2013 K1600GTL

2009 K1300GT
post #36 of 53 Old Jun 28th, 2007, 10:15 am

I'll see you then! If I am coming from Duluth and going north on I-85 which exit is the QT on?

thanks
Don

Whiskey4me

02 K1200LT "Remedy"
05 R1200GS "Therapy"
post #37 of 53 Old Jun 28th, 2007, 10:52 am

Don,
The QT is on the first exit after the I-985 split. There's a stop light immediately after you get off I-85. The QT is right there at the stop light.

Al Strickland
Blairsville, Georgia
1967 Honda Cub
1972 Honda CB350
1979 Suzuki GS750E
2009 R1200GS
2013 K1600GTL

2009 K1300GT
post #38 of 53 Old Jun 28th, 2007, 1:00 pm Thread Starter

Smile

Gents:

8:00, 9:00, or 10:00, whenever, I'll be here. And BTW, I do now have an oil filter wrench, costs about $5.00. I'll share the source when you get here.

As to which house, once you get on Webb Lake Drive, (notice that word DRIVE,) the road will come down across the dam and then the road makes a 90 degree RIGHT. I'm the 4th house on the right. There will be a 72 Riviera and a white Dodge Dakota setting in the yard, turn right and the shop is the building on the right. If additional directions are needed, check back earlier in this thread for a map and directions.

If you need to call, 706-453-4915.

tcars
John C

John Carver
K1200LTC, AMA, BMWMOA
Greensboro, GA

post #39 of 53 Old Jun 28th, 2007, 9:40 pm

I will be there on the 30th looking foward to meeting every one

Dave
post #40 of 53 Old Jun 29th, 2007, 5:22 am

Long time...

The Rehder Resort has moved? Love to see the new digs! Wish I could make it to join in on some donuts and good tech-talk.

John, hope all is well there... Sorry I've been out of touch for a while. Moved to Nashville about two years back to help w/ some family matters. Finally settled in, have a few of the big home projects completed, and now have a little breathing space.

Glad to hear you are keeping the SE clan up and running! Take care. If anyone's traveling thru Mid-TN, give me a shout! Always a place for you!

Matt McCoy
Mount Juliet, TN
post #41 of 53 Old Jun 29th, 2007, 11:41 am

Never had a list before, why start now?

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg

Have you
bmwlt.com lately????

post #42 of 53 Old Jun 29th, 2007, 5:48 pm

Smile Been awhile

I did move a year ago about a mile from the original resort. Got remarried and continue to work a lot more these days. When I'm passing through I'll give ya a holler and we can catch a cup of jo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCCOY3636
The Rehder Resort has moved? Love to see the new digs! Wish I could make it to join in on some donuts and good tech-talk.

John, hope all is well there... Sorry I've been out of touch for a while. Moved to Nashville about two years back to help w/ some family matters. Finally settled in, have a few of the big home projects completed, and now have a little breathing space.

Glad to hear you are keeping the SE clan up and running! Take care. If anyone's traveling thru Mid-TN, give me a shout! Always a place for you!

Matt McCoy
Mount Juliet, TN

post #43 of 53 Old Jun 30th, 2007, 3:46 pm

Talking

John,

Please thank your wife and family for their hospitality and the great lunch they prepared for us. It's nice to be able to meet other forum members in person. Despite the hot weather it was quite a turn-out. Temperature hit 101 according to my dash display on the way back

Perry Ridgway

oknplm

Quote:
Gents:

8:00, 9:00, or 10:00, whenever, I'll be here. And BTW, I do now have an oil filter wrench, costs about $5.00. I'll share the source when you get here.

As to which house, once you get on Webb Lake Drive, (notice that word DRIVE,) the road will come down across the dam and then the road makes a 90 degree RIGHT. I'm the 4th house on the right. There will be a 72 Riviera and a white Dodge Dakota setting in the yard, turn right and the shop is the building on the right. If additional directions are needed, check back earlier in this thread for a map and directions.

If you need to call, 706-453-4915.

tcars
John C

Last edited by oknplm; Jun 30th, 2007 at 7:00 pm.
post #44 of 53 Old Jun 30th, 2007, 4:00 pm Thread Starter

Smile

First of all, a many "Thanks" to John Rehder for doing most of the work on the HID install on my LT, I still owe you on that. Also a big "Thank You" to all of those who showed up, it was nice to see some I knew and also meet several more I had not met prior. Now I must apologize to all, as I forgot to give out tickets and award a door prize. Yes, I had one, even two, so I'll save them until the next time and more than likely add a thrid prize. It is just that someone will have to remember to remind me about the door prizes. Yes, I'm at that age of forgetfulness.

As for stats, there were a total of 10 of us, including me. I was not aware that there were that many LT owner's that close by. We took care of one HID install, two rear brake changes, and one oil change. We checked into installing the Autocomm, but I was missing some needed items, so that will be later when it is a bit cooler. Perry, Thanks for having the Ultra Seal dealer stop by, I will have to get over to Washington one day and get some as I am about out of Ride On.

Now as for the pics I took, you can view them at:

http://rides.webshots.com/album/559689691LZIMey

At least that is where the last time I looked.

If any of you need a place to work, you know where I am now and what can be done here. As I finish up the last few jobs on the house I'll have more time for the bikes and riding. I suspect once it starts to cool off around October I may be hard to find.

Thanks again,

tcars
John C.

John Carver
K1200LTC, AMA, BMWMOA
Greensboro, GA

post #45 of 53 Old Jun 30th, 2007, 6:38 pm

John, A big thank you to you and your lovely family for there gracious hospitality! David Aka Bone1
post #46 of 53 Old Jun 30th, 2007, 8:01 pm

John thanks for putting this tech session together and thank your family for cooking a great lunch. Also thanks to john for all the knowladge shared about the LT. It was nice to meet all that were there hope to see you guys soon.

Dave

VanO
post #47 of 53 Old Jun 30th, 2007, 8:06 pm

Tech Session

It was great to meet finally meet some of you guys. The turnout was great.

Special thanks to John C. and his family for their hospitality and also to John R. in helping me with my brake pad and oil change out.

Hope to meet up again soon, maybe a RTE?

Michael (Bamabear)
post #48 of 53 Old Jun 30th, 2007, 9:00 pm

Hi John,

Thanks for hosting us at your house. It was a good turnout. I wish I could have stayed longer but I had to get home for some wife time.

Thanks,
Glenn
post #49 of 53 Old Jul 1st, 2007, 4:56 pm

That was an excellent tech session, even though I just stood around and talked.

John, the only thing warmer then the weather was your family's hospitality. I'm not going to hold it against your wife for corrupting my vegetarian diet with those excellent hamburgers.

Hope to catch up with all of you soon.

PS - John R is the man - two rear break jobs in less than 10 mins. Whoa!
post #50 of 53 Old Jul 1st, 2007, 5:56 pm

John,
yes I also want to thank you for the great hospitality and for having the tech session. It was nice to get to meet everyone and learn more about the bike. Besides the brake work a few of us also found and cut the brown wire on the bike. There was good food and a lot of assistance for us all. John R, I agree you are the man!

thanks again!
Don

Whiskey4me

02 K1200LT "Remedy"
05 R1200GS "Therapy"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in