Iron Horse Fall Reunion 9 34.62%
Return to the Iron Horse 4 15.38%
Iron Horse Fall Finale 4 15.38%
Smoke Mountain Fall Reunion 9 34.62%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old Jun 9th, 2007, 8:18 am Thread Starter

Name the Fall Reunion

From this thread we are down to 4 names for the Fall gathering of riders at the Iron Horse. Cast your vote now.

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'02 LTE - Red-blooded Dragonfly
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg
'01 LTC - Flying Purple People Eater (Ya gotta be old enough to understand)(RIP)
'00 LTC - Canyon Red Rover (RIP)

Have you
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bmwlt.com lately????

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"To not know me is to lose nothing, to not know Him is to lose everything."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old Jun 9th, 2007, 10:01 am

Exclamation Two cents from the Village Idiot

I know it's probably way too late to throw this fly into the ointment, but what the heck? It's free.

I actually thought it was really cool when both events (one in April and one in October) had a baseball theme. But for some reason, when year two came around that got set aside. Originally, the spring event was 'Spring Training Camp for Riders', and the fall event was to be 'The World Series for Riders'.

Do what you will, but I really thought that tying the two events together like that was really cool. Two events, one theme. Somewhere along the way it was forgotten.
post #3 of 16 Old Jun 10th, 2007, 3:55 pm

Question

Clarification? You do mean "Smokey Mountain Fall Reunion" instead of "Smoke Mountain Fall Reunion"?

tcars
John

John Carver
K1200LTC, AMA, BMWMOA
Greensboro, GA

post #4 of 16 Old Jun 10th, 2007, 5:50 pm Thread Starter

I had a spelling mistake, and it should be Smoky Mountain Fall Reunion.

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg
'01 LTC - Flying Purple People Eater (Ya gotta be old enough to understand)(RIP)

Have you
bmwlt.com lately????

post #5 of 16 Old Jun 10th, 2007, 9:37 pm

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_R
I had a spelling mistake, and it should be Smoky Mountain Fall Reunion.
That's OK, I've been in school all my life and still can't spell. But, NO MORE School! VBGOF

tcars
John

John Carver
K1200LTC, AMA, BMWMOA
Greensboro, GA

post #6 of 16 Old Jun 11th, 2007, 6:05 pm

Garage
I second Joe's suggestion- Steve, can you add it to the Poll?

Rob V.B.
2015 Triumph Explorer 1200
2007 BMW GT (SOLD)

2003 BMW LT (SOLD)

2002 BMW R1150 traded for 2002 Yamaha FZ1 traded for a 2003 GSXR 750

post #7 of 16 Old Jun 12th, 2007, 10:24 am

I would like to clear a point about STC and the fall gathering.

I understand from a PMs to me that someone has suggested that we call the fall gathering "World Series" type name.

I use the "ignore feature" of this forum (what a great feature) so I have missed a couple of posts maybe.

When I first organized a gathering in the Smoky Mountains and at Ironhorse I came up with the idea of from Spring and baseball...therefore...Spring Training Camp was born.., after the first gathering at STC, many wanted to come back in the Fall, so the fall gathering was born... The fall gathering doesn't have an official name, so the reason for the poll. Good idea.

I referred to Spring Training Camp as our gathering in the Spring, which leads up to the "World Series of Events or gathering" .... that being Curve Cowboy Reunion. That was my intent.

Don G Norwood
11 R1200GSA w/DMC sidecar Radio Flyer IV
2015 G650GS, 1998 1200 C

"Oh Lord I pray, Just let me live long enough to do everything they say I have done"
post #8 of 16 Old Jul 1st, 2007, 9:23 pm

You might should have named it the Iron Horse Fall Stampede .................Ride on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_R
From this thread we are down to 4 names for the Fall gathering of riders at the Iron Horse. Cast your vote now.

R1200GSA

K1200LTC
Tony Quick
Sanford, NC
post #9 of 16 Old Jul 9th, 2007, 4:47 am Thread Starter

As you can see, the poll ended up as a tie between Iron Horse Fall Reunion and Smoky (Smoke) Mountain Fall Reunion. Since Don Norwood, BamaLT, ramrods this fall event, and we were helping him name it, why not give him let him decide. So get ready for the Smoky Mountain Fall Reunion.

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg

Have you
bmwlt.com lately????

post #10 of 16 Old Jul 9th, 2007, 6:00 am

Hey, It's callled "Let's return to Ironhorse for the Prime Rib and the CBS"!

Steve, are you going to buy us luncn for that Saturday?

Brett
2003 K1200LTC SOLD
2013 K1600GTL SOLD
2018 K1600GA SOLD
2019 K1600GA Blue

North Georgia

2005 CCR-Tetons
2006 CCR-Braselton
2008 CCR-Midway
2009 CCR-Rapid City
2011 CCR-Boise
2012 CCR-Duluth
2014 CCR-Chattanooga
2015 CCR-Coeur d 'Alene

post #11 of 16 Old Jul 9th, 2007, 7:18 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkpr1998
Hey, It's callled "Let's return to Ironhorse for the Prime Rib and the CBS"!

Steve, are you going to buy us luncn for that Saturday?
Why not?
FSF
Fall Sausage Fest
Rock

I'll will poisons the soul
Living well is the best revenge

Rock

post #12 of 16 Old Jul 9th, 2007, 8:57 am

I don't think Iron Horse fits the BMW...

BMW uses quality metals and many petroleum based products to build their machines.

Iron Horse would be more for a Harley meet... They don't exactly have modern technology on them.

Visit
_ Why is there never enough time to do it right the first time, but always enough time to do it over?
post #13 of 16 Old Jul 9th, 2007, 9:42 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeERideWNC
I don't think Iron Horse fits the BMW...
Ironhorse refers to the Ironhorse Motorcycle Lodge, no doubt the best motorcycle campground with cabins in western NC, where we have been holding this thing.

Al Hennigan
'03 Anthracite LTE
'09 GS Adventure
Middle Tennessee
post #14 of 16 Old Jul 9th, 2007, 10:24 am

Smoky Mountain Fall Reunion

October 18, 19, 20th 2007. Thursday, Friday, Saturday
3rd Weekend in October.

Contact www.Ironhorsenc.com to make your reservations

If you are not familiar with the Smoky Mountain and local area, this is said to be the best weekend to view the fall folage on average.
Therefore area motels fill fast and in advance of these dates. We have a room/cabin block at Ironhorse Lodge, they will have three new full cabins that can house up to 15 additional folks, so get together with your riding friends and maybe book one of the new cabin as well, all private as well.. located on the Thunder Mountain addition of Ironhorse.

Plan now to attend and take a moment to vote in the poll by in this thread by clicking HERE

Don G Norwood
2015 G650GS, 1998 1200 C

"Oh Lord I pray, Just let me live long enough to do everything they say I have done"
post #15 of 16 Old Jul 9th, 2007, 10:39 am

I know where and what the Iron Horse Lodge is...

It just doesn't seem fitting to name a BMW meet anything to do with, "Iron Horse."
Absolutely, no disrespect to the owners of the Lodge.

Visit
_ Why is there never enough time to do it right the first time, but always enough time to do it over?
post #16 of 16 Old Jul 9th, 2007, 10:59 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeERideWNC
I know where and what the Iron Horse Lodge is...

It just doesn't seem fitting to name a BMW meet anything to do with, "Iron Horse."
Absolutely, no disrespect to the owners of the Lodge.
Hey Mike, what is really ironic about the naming of the lodge and motorcycle is that when John and Charlene started with the idea of the lodge, they had the mindset like so many of the public....motorcycles...well you ride a Harley.

After our FIRST LT meeting there for Spring Training Camp I, John and Charlene where sold on the BMW...they purchased a LT and Unigo trailer...then their best friends, whom had never ever ridden a bike, join in and purchased a LT as well...

The naming of the two BMW riders group meeting that we promote will be Spring Training Camp in April and Smoky Mountain Fall Reunion in the Fall each year.

Please join us for the fun...many of us started with a LT and have other bikes as well... LTs, GTs. GSs RTs and other brands as well... Come join the fun...
Living in Murphy you could really show us few great roads as well.

Don G Norwood
2015 G650GS, 1998 1200 C

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in