RE: Help or Ga Tech Session - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old May 24th, 2007, 12:43 pm Thread Starter

Question RE: Help or Ga Tech Session

Gentlemen: Sometime between now and the 3rd week of June, I'd like to install the HID lights I bought, also the intercomm, alarm, and do a fluids change. I have a large garage, even a lift table, just need guidance on what and how is the best way to do things. I am now retired, so time is no longer a problem, except for that honey do list which is almost finished. :-)

TIA
John

John Carver
K1200LTC, AMA, BMWMOA
Greensboro, GA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old May 25th, 2007, 5:46 pm

Hey,

I don't know how and what to do but I am willing to come and help and watch, maybe even change the fluids in mine. Let me know when you decide to do this. Unfortunately June is a very busy month for me.

Glenn
post #3 of 13 Old May 28th, 2007, 3:51 am

Tech session

I too would be interested. I have had my CQ HID light put in by a friend (which I kinda helped) and would also like to change my fluids.

post #4 of 13 Old May 28th, 2007, 6:02 am

John, You will never get all that work done on your bike, Because you have just committed the first cardinal sin of being retired. NEVER EVER say out load that you have almost completed your HONEYDEW LIST because I guaranty you that sucker will grow at a rate that you could never imagine. It's kind of like dropping a roll of toilet paper it just keeps going and going and going

HAPPY RETIREMENT

Pat Rourke
White Lake,MI.
2002 K1200 LTC, Champange

post #5 of 13 Old May 28th, 2007, 12:54 pm

Smile Retirement - Congrats!!

I am still working - ie Failed at Retirement. I keep going back on contract #@#[email protected] Should finish in October and will be ready for Tech Sessions and Trips.

Congratulations again - but watch jobs are out there!!
post #6 of 13 Old May 29th, 2007, 9:56 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by patroa1
"you have just committed the first cardinal sin of being retired. NEVER EVER say out load that you have almost completed your HONEYDEW LIST because I guaranty you that sucker will grow at a rate that you could never imagine. It's kind of like dropping a roll of toilet paper it just keeps going and going and going

HAPPY RETIREMENT
Pat:

Well for the last 12 years my honey DO list has been more on the order of re-model a house, one room at a time. Now some rooms have been redone 3 or more times, all at the OH's desire. Well that will end. When you take over $1k out of the monthly, it does make an abrupt end to re-modeling. As for maintaining the place, piece of cake compared to the constant re-modeling. Now as for working on MC's, that could take some time. I have a few of them, one that has been apart for 3 years. Hope I can remember how it goes back together. :-)

Thanks for the shout, it is appreciated.

ta
John

John Carver
K1200LTC, AMA, BMWMOA
Greensboro, GA

post #7 of 13 Old May 29th, 2007, 10:00 am Thread Starter

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebayou2
I am still working - ie Failed at Retirement. I keep going back on contract #@#[email protected] Should finish in October and will be ready for Tech Sessions and Trips.

Congratulations again - but watch jobs are out there!!

John:

I know about those jobs out there, I just looked at the posting of un-filled positions. There are a couple that are appealing, but I want some time for me. There are some things I want to do and I'm going to give it a try. I know at some point I'm going to be bored, which will most likely prompt me back to working. I'm still planning on heading the the Trials Training Camp for a few days. I'll ping you when I set a date.

tcars
John

John Carver
K1200LTC, AMA, BMWMOA
Greensboro, GA

post #8 of 13 Old May 29th, 2007, 10:14 am Thread Starter

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamabear
I too would be interested. I have had my CQ HID light put in by a friend (which I kinda helped) and would also like to change my fluids.
What date would you all prefer? My shop just got an upgrade, now has it's own frige and microwave. Now to get some more of the re-modeling junk out of the way. The pickup is loaded with 26+ partial gallons of old paint, half a 5 gal bucket of drywall mud, another partial 5 gallon bucket of paint, and the rest of the bed is taken up with various cardboard and packing materials of items used in remodeling. Its headed to the re-cycling center. :-)

tcars
John

John Carver
K1200LTC, AMA, BMWMOA
Greensboro, GA

post #9 of 13 Old May 29th, 2007, 12:36 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCarver
What date would you all prefer? My shop just got an upgrade, now has it's own frige and microwave. Now to get some more of the re-modeling junk out of the way. The pickup is loaded with 26+ partial gallons of old paint, half a 5 gal bucket of drywall mud, another partial 5 gallon bucket of paint, and the rest of the bed is taken up with various cardboard and packing materials of items used in remodeling. Its headed to the re-cycling center. :-)

tcars
John
Call your local Habitat for Humanity and they will come pick it up and may give you a receipt for it.

Lee Nowell
Black 01, LTC
BMWRA & MOA, AMA, IBA
post #10 of 13 Old May 29th, 2007, 5:10 pm

I to would be very interested depending on the date. I am always looking to learn more about the bike.

thanks

Whiskey4me
aka: Pirate Don

02 K1200LT "Remedy"
05 R1200GS "Therapy"
04 VTX 1300 "Phoenix" retired
post #11 of 13 Old Jun 5th, 2007, 12:02 pm

Has a date been set or the event been canceled? I'm not a wrench but I can pick up thrown wrenches and mop up spills. I would like to attend if you are going to have it.

DW

post #12 of 13 Old Jun 12th, 2007, 10:04 pm Thread Starter

Wink

To all in this link:

A date has not been set and right now I am looking at about a week to get everything ready to roll. In addition to that, visits from our children are still unknown. They said they wanted to visit last weekend, but didn't show. Then this next weekend becomes their next target. Well, irregardless, I still have to get the LT ready and an oil change will take place sometime in the next 6 days.

I apologize to those who were interested in a wrenching session, but I too am in great need and have many things which I need to do to the LT. So at some point and time, there will be one. I'm going to clear out an entire weekend so I know most can be completed. Fingers crossed on that as I have a long list of items. :-)

As to where I will be rolling to next week, the Honda Hoot in Knoxville. I expect to be there most of the time it is going on. So if you will be attending, let me know and we might be able to get together. Cell is 706-453-6870 and I'll be at the Southlake RV Campground. BTW, BMW is expected to be there and with demo rides.

tcars
John

John Carver
K1200LTC, AMA, BMWMOA
Greensboro, GA

post #13 of 13 Old Jun 13th, 2007, 11:23 pm Thread Starter

Smile Tech/wrenching session

To All:

I've contacted John R and he has agreed to assist me and anyone else in learning how to properly work on our LT's. The date is June 30th, a Saturday. The place is Greensboro, GA. Now for those who are wondering where that is, midway between Atlanta and Augusta on I-20, exit 130. For more info, go to the new thread, "Tech Session".

tcars
John C

John Carver
K1200LTC, AMA, BMWMOA
Greensboro, GA

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in