Another f@#$%* citation! - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old Apr 24th, 2007, 11:15 pm Thread Starter

Angry Another [email protected]#$%* citation!

These people are killing me.

On my way back from Tampa today, I kept the cruise control set to 78. Passed by several leos - no problem. Then where 475 merges with 75 these two truckers decide to take the turn side by side. We go into the turn around 75 and as we exit the truck on the outside lane finally clears the second truck and move to the right lane. I open up the throttle to 83 to get past both trucks then WhamBam, Georgia's finest is there to hand out a driver appreciation certificate.

The officer did give me a break and wrote it up as following too closely instead of speeding.

Seems like they should allow a little leadway when a motorcycle is trying to dance with 18 wheelers. Anyway, I wonder how much this will cost me? I'm going to have to breakdown and buy a detector.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Apr 24th, 2007, 11:39 pm

I have a good attorney locally that should be able to get it dropped. Better than making your insurance rates go up. Shouldn't be much more than $300 - $400 I'm guessing and you probably won't even have to take time off to appear. IM me if you want his number.

Sounds like I've been through this a time or two huh?? Just got a ticket myself passing an 18 wheeler that had nearly ran me off the road, so I hit the brakes to get behind him, got over to the clear lane to quickly pass, and BAM, there is the LEO with his laser just as I passed, pulls me over and hands me a ticket. It's all about the timing. Unfortunately in most cases they could care less about the circumstances and have always told me to take it up in court which is a joke to do unless you have a lawyer in which case the good ol boys system is quick and easy.
post #3 of 4 Old Apr 25th, 2007, 6:17 am

Thumbs up Think: V1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruivis
I'm going to have to breakdown and buy a detector.
I haven't owned a detector in forever. But this winter I broke down and bought a Valentine One. Expensive little bugger! But in the past 4 days, it has saved me several times already. Of course, I'm speeding more than usual because I own the darn thing. But I'm the only one honest enough to admit that kind of stuff.

(I got hit with lazer at 111mph coming into Texas. But by the time the lazer saw me and not the truck in front of me, I was only doing 73. Yea...it's the only way to tour. )

post #4 of 4 Old Apr 25th, 2007, 6:17 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruivis

Seems like they should allow a little leadway when a motorcycle is trying to dance with 18 wheelers. Anyway, I wonder how much this will cost me? I'm going to have to breakdown and buy a detector.
They almost always do, you just have to take the time to go to the magistrate and explain it.
I.E.; "I know that I'm the smallest vehicle out here on the road. I was making a maneuver to clear myself from a danger zone.
The wind turbulence set up by tractor trailers side by side in a bend, exsert a heavy buffering effect on motorcycles. In effect a 16' wide air dam is funneled directly into my lane.
I'm just trying to stay alive, "

Rock

I'll will poisons the soul
Living well is the best revenge
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rock

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in