STC Visit - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old Apr 23rd, 2007, 1:09 am Thread Starter

STC Visit

Great seeing those of you who were still around Saturday evening at the IH. I tried to make it there sometime Friday but couldn't stop riding... Don - thanks for the Brazil tour slide show... excellent pics! I hope everyone made it home safely. Riding home was a breeze until I came through Dahllonegah and hit some insane traffic. I guess that'll happen on a warm, sunny, dry Sunday. Looking forward to seeing everyone again in October.
Thanks and ride safe.

Marc
2012 White R1200 GS
2006 Gray BMW R1200GS (retired)
2003 Black BMW K1200LT (retired)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old Apr 23rd, 2007, 12:22 pm

made it back safely

darn STC is over and I had to ride back to the house. It wasn't all bad though it was a darn nice day again and I found a few more twisties and some more good food along the way. Couldn't ask for better weather at the STC. Thanks to all for such a nice time and some great riding!

Pirate Don
post #3 of 18 Old Apr 23rd, 2007, 5:40 pm

David:

Thanks for time and guidance. Next year: fackles.

Both Christy and I want to thank you and everyone who helped a rookie rider on a GT deal with the NC mountain roads. For years, I have mentioned the LT group and the STC as a source of guidance for riding and friendship. Now she appreciates and experiences our group. She feels part of it already.

And do you think the GT was made for her and she was made for the GT? Her riding skills jumped 3 levels in one week. More importantly, we traveled 2216 miles in 6 days with 600 + miles on Sunday. This was her first big trip on a bike. Did she perform!!!!!

Arrived Sunday @ 9PM to end a perfect weekend. Of course, some the company was questionable at times - but that was expected.

David Adler
Aurora, IL

post #4 of 18 Old Apr 23rd, 2007, 7:30 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadler
David:

Of course, some the company was questionable at times - but that was expected.

David Adler
Aurora, IL
David, don't be so hard on yourself

Enjoyed out visit and ride... the "road to nowhere" does exists and now you know.

Don G Norwood
11 R1200GSA w/DMC sidecar Radio Flyer IV
2015 G650GS, 1998 1200 C

"Oh Lord I pray, Just let me live long enough to do everything they say I have done"
post #5 of 18 Old Apr 24th, 2007, 7:50 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcf
breeze until I came through Dahllonegah and hit some insane traffic. I guess that'll happen on a warm, sunny, dry Sunday. Looking forward to seeing everyone again in October.
Thanks and ride safe.
Particularly when they had so many events going on the same weekend!

Tom

'07 GS Adv (mine), '06 GS <(My brides)
(the only bmw's in the stable)
post #6 of 18 Old Apr 25th, 2007, 12:13 pm

'Bout time for me to check in

I figured it was about time for me to check in since my STC weekend didn't really end until yesterday when I checked out of the local hospital.

Seems I had a prostrate infection sneak up on me that knocked me out of the saddle about noon on Friday while we we're eating at Fat Buddy's BBQ in Franklin. (Really good que by the way).

I'd like to thank John Rehder and John Zeiler for checking in on me on Friday night. Tom Gallo for checking in on me on Saturday morning. The whole crew for getting Red Rover on board John Zeiler's trailer and to John and Jean for hauling me all the way from Iron Horse back to the house in Snellville. To Dave Dragon for getting everything I remembered in to van including me. To Keith Greer for hauling my laptop back which I had left in the room. And as always to Charlene, John and crew at the Iron Horse for making our Spring and Fall get togethers what they are.

About an hour after getting home I had Connie take me to the emergency room. I spent almost 3 hours in the waiting room before getting behind the doors to see a doctor. By the time the doctor got there, the BP was 165/124, temp 102.7, white blood cell 20,000 and increasing pain in the lower scrotal area. After a quick finger wave it was determined a severe case of prostatitis. The ER doc left to call my urologist and didn't come back for a while. About 10:30, he came back and told me he had talked to Dr Allen and I was going to be put in the hospital overnight. Connie left about midnight thirty to try and get some sleep. They finally rolled me into a hospital room about 0230 on Sunday morning.

Dr Allen came into see me and since I had a 102 and temp I could go home the next day. I ran a 101.3 fever through the night so that meant another night through the hospital. 99.1 wasn't enough to keep me another night so I was released about 1000 yesterday, so I guess that ended my STC weekend.

I'm sorry I missed some of you that came in on Friday and Saturday, but it was good to see all were there early.

Oh, and one picture just for Tom Gallo.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1176up1.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	206.1 KB
ID:	11211  

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'02 LTE - Red-blooded Dragonfly
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg
'01 LTC - Flying Purple People Eater (Ya gotta be old enough to understand)(RIP)
'00 LTC - Canyon Red Rover (RIP)

Have you
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bmwlt.com lately????

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"To not know me is to lose nothing, to not know Him is to lose everything."
post #7 of 18 Old Apr 25th, 2007, 12:37 pm

Glad too here your felling better Steve! I know we only talked for a minute but you never like to see someone not feel well, and when you left the the lunch stop you didnt look to good.

Maybe next time we will get a chance to talk and get to know one another a little better.

Glen and Carol
Litchfield ohio
post #8 of 18 Old Apr 25th, 2007, 2:20 pm

Smile all well I hope

Steve, The important thing is that you get better. There is always more time to ride. Glad you are out of the hospital and on the mend. I was just glad that I did not tip over on the trailer when I rode your bike onto it! Now that would have been embarassing! Big kudos to John and his wife for hauling you two home!! What a great group of people we have in the LT community. Catch up to you soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_R
I figured it was about time for me to check in since my STC weekend didn't really end until yesterday when I checked out of the local hospital.

Seems I had a prostrate infection sneak up on me that knocked me out of the saddle about noon on Friday while we we're eating at Fat Buddy's BBQ in Franklin. (Really good que by the way).

I'd like to thank John Rehder and John Zeiler for checking in on me on Friday night. Tom Gallo for checking in on me on Saturday morning. The whole crew for getting Red Rover on board John Zeiler's trailer and to John and Jean for hauling me all the way from Iron Horse back to the house in Snellville. To Dave Dragon for getting everything I remembered in to van including me. To Keith Greer for hauling my laptop back which I had left in the room. And as always to Charlene, John and crew at the Iron Horse for making our Spring and Fall get togethers what they are.

About an hour after getting home I had Connie take me to the emergency room. I spent almost 3 hours in the waiting room before getting behind the doors to see a doctor. By the time the doctor got there, the BP was 165/124, temp 102.7, white blood cell 20,000 and increasing pain in the lower scrotal area. After a quick finger wave it was determined a severe case of prostatitis. The ER doc left to call my urologist and didn't come back for a while. About 10:30, he came back and told me he had talked to Dr Allen and I was going to be put in the hospital overnight. Connie left about midnight thirty to try and get some sleep. They finally rolled me into a hospital room about 0230 on Sunday morning.

Dr Allen came into see me and since I had a 102 and temp I could go home the next day. I ran a 101.3 fever through the night so that meant another night through the hospital. 99.1 wasn't enough to keep me another night so I was released about 1000 yesterday, so I guess that ended my STC weekend.

I'm sorry I missed some of you that came in on Friday and Saturday, but it was good to see all were there early.

looking around for a possible replacement

2001 K1200 LTC Mauve (Hi-Way Star) may she rest in peace!

CCR'2001 Hotsprings, AR., Sante Fe, NM., Gatlinberg, TN.
Breckinridge, CO., Grand Teton Nat. Prk, WY.
Chateau Elan, GA., Tan-a-Tar-A missed it!
post #9 of 18 Old Apr 25th, 2007, 2:41 pm
Wrencher Extraordinaire

Steve,

Glad to hear things are on the mend. We were all worried about you. Also you are most welcome - It was the "LT" thing to do. Jean and I were happy to share. She got to stop in Helen on the way back and do a little shopping at her favorite store and we still made it back in time for prime rib at the Iron Horse.

Just get better and maybe we'll see you at the GA MTN Rally.

John
2009 K1300GT Red Rocket
2009 R1200GS (Gone)
2005 K1200LT Ocean Blue Blue Wizard 110 K and counting...
2006 Bushtec Turbo+2 Spell
2004 330 Ci Convertable
K4AN

Have ridden a Motorcycle in all 48
But lack DE, MA, RI and CT with the 2005 LT

post #10 of 18 Old Apr 25th, 2007, 3:25 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzeiler
Steve,

Glad to hear things are on the mend. We were all worried about you. Also you are most welcome - It was the "LT" thing to do. Jean and I were happy to share. She got to stop in Helen on the way back and do a little shopping at her favorite store and we still made it back in time for prime rib at the Iron Horse.

Just get better and maybe we'll see you at the GA MTN Rally.
The GA Mtn Rally was on my list of things to do again this year, alas work prevails and I will in one of my favorite accounts in the VA/MD/DC area this that weekend. Maybe I'll ping Don Arthur and see if he's gonna be home this time around.

Thanks for the well wishes. See ya soon.

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg
'01 LTC - Flying Purple People Eater (Ya gotta be old enough to understand)(RIP)

Have you
bmwlt.com lately????

post #11 of 18 Old Apr 25th, 2007, 4:56 pm

Quote:
I have sat here for it seems like 4 hours trying to figure out something to say to this picture,
Steve ya beat me to it and left me speechless!!!

Heal quickly will you, I do not want to take advantage of you being SICK to WHOOP you in the mileage contest!

so for you, I park my bike till you feel better!

Heal quickly Steve!

Tom
(hey I didn't say I was going to park BOTH of them!)

hahahaha

Tom

post #12 of 18 Old Apr 25th, 2007, 7:30 pm

As far as I know, the LT HAS been parked since you bought the GS. That is unless you pay someone else to ride it.

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg

Have you
bmwlt.com lately????

post #13 of 18 Old Apr 25th, 2007, 8:33 pm

Quote:
As far as I know, the LT HAS been parked since you bought the GS. That is unless you pay someone else to ride it.
HA HA HA HA HA , ya know I actually rode it to dinner tonight though all of 14 miles round Trip

it will be in Pa next week (I think) though

Tom

post #14 of 18 Old Apr 26th, 2007, 9:24 am

you guys are a hoot! I also think that there are a great bunch of people on this site and I am glad I have found it. I really enjoyed the riding at the STC and I also am glad Steve is doing better. I live in Duluth and look forward to riding and oh yea eating some more good food with ya'll again.

take care
Pirate Don
post #15 of 18 Old Apr 26th, 2007, 11:11 pm

I hope all is well with you

Quote:

I do my own stunts
post #16 of 18 Old Apr 27th, 2007, 6:22 am

I'm doing well. Each day is better than the last. According to the doctor, it'll take 4 to 6 weeks for the infection to clear out fully. He also said take it easy, but do what ever you want. Maybe I can catch up to Gallo's miles. You know he's been putting them on since I've been down.

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg

Have you
bmwlt.com lately????

post #17 of 18 Old Apr 27th, 2007, 7:26 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by belga1976
I hope all is well with you

Well lookie who the sick guy drug in, Hello there Nicholas(i did not crash) Hows that K1200S treating you?

Tom

Tom

post #18 of 18 Old Apr 27th, 2007, 7:26 am

Quote:
I'm doing well. Each day is better than the last. According to the doctor, it'll take 4 to 6 weeks for the infection to clear out fully. He also said take it easy, but do what ever you want. Maybe I can catch up to Gallo's miles. You know he's been putting them on since I've been down.
Steve, I am glad you are mending. It takes a lot to keep a good man down!

Al Strickland
Blairsville, Georgia
1967 Honda Cub
1972 Honda CB350
1979 Suzuki GS750E
2001 R1150GS (gone -- victim of a Highway 28 curve)
2002 K1200LT Trike (now history, transmission died)
2009 R1200GS
2013 K1600GTL

2009 K1300GT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in