Spring Training Camp notes - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old Apr 21st, 2007, 6:36 pm Thread Starter

Smile Spring Training Camp notes

I arrived with Steve Rowe on Thursday Afternoon after a great ride up hwy 129 thru Georgia and N.C. We hung around the lodge for an hour and decided we needed to ride somewhere in the afternoon. We rode to Deals Gap via Hwy 28 and then back down to Robbinsville and then back over to the lodge. More folks arrived Thursday afternoon and evening. Dinner was Lasagna and salad. Desert was brownie sunday, yum yum! On Friday we rode south down to 19 then Waycoa road? spelling? That was one wild road with a big surprise waiting for Dave (ride leader) and I in second position as we were rounding a left hand corner a BIG semi with a track digger was just about to take all the road for himself to see if he cound get around a 90 degree turn. All we saw was truck grill. He hit the brakes and swerved back out of our lane just as Dave started his turn. Major pucker on the seat as I adjusted to the right a bit to keep from lossing my mirror to the truck bumper. Dave thought you might get a couple pieces of paper between him and the truck as he went around the truck in the turn. We were worried about the other 12 riders behind us too. Everyone made it and we continued to the BBQ place in Franklin, NC. After that we headed back up 28 to the lodge for a quick break then Dave, Doug and I headed to the Dragon and back. Dinner that night was Turkey, dressing and sweet potato something? Another desert of strawberry sunday. By the way breakfast each morning was fantastic too. We saw a slide show by Mick of Mic-o-pegs on his 48 state trip to visit the highest point in each state. What a wonderful odysee. Then we watched a movie of some fellow on how to ride the dragon correctly. Fun video! Saturday we had 50/50 drawing and door prizes. I left for home at 9:45am and went over the Skyway and then down hwy 315 to 64. Hwy 64 to 411 then south to the house. Fun three days of riding and fellowship. Thanks to everyone for making this a great trip and there was on;y a tiny amount of rain on Thursday. The rest of the days were warm and sunny.

Steve Rowe got under the weather Friday and hitched a ride home today via John Z. and his wife. We loaded Steves bike on John's trailer and off they went. Hope Steve gets better after his visit to the doctor on Monday.

Until October...........

looking around for a possible replacement

2001 K1200 LTC Mauve (Hi-Way Star) may she rest in peace!

CCR'2001 Hotsprings, AR., Sante Fe, NM., Gatlinberg, TN.
Breckinridge, CO., Grand Teton Nat. Prk, WY.
Chateau Elan, GA., Tan-a-Tar-A missed it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old Apr 21st, 2007, 7:25 pm

Good recap, John, and it's typical I can't be there when there's perfect weather all around! I think Doug and I are going back up in a couple of weeks, so I'll play catch up then. Have fun, ya'll!

Al Hennigan
'03 Anthracite LTE
'09 GS Adventure
Middle Tennessee
post #3 of 6 Old Apr 21st, 2007, 8:27 pm

Just wanted to say THANKS for the ride on Friday, my wife and I had a great time trying to keep up with you all. This being our first time in the area, it was great to have a tourguide like Dave Dragon to show us some unbelievable roads, and lunch was cool too! Bought my wife a tee shirt that says, I SURVIVED THE DRAGON, priceless!

Hope Steve feels better soon!

Home safe on Sat. 6:45 pm, 546 miles, perfect weather, perfect bike!

Thanks
Glen and Carol Hinegardner
Litchfield Ohio

post #4 of 6 Old Apr 22nd, 2007, 7:43 pm

Thanks to those that made STC possible again this year... Dave, Tom, Steve and others... what a great event!

Everything was just perfect, weather included...

Made your plans to attend our October gathering the 3rd weekend in October....

Enjoyed seeing everybody this year, hope to see you at CCR this year also.

Don G Norwood
11 R1200GSA w/DMC sidecar Radio Flyer IV
2015 G650GS, 1998 1200 C

"Oh Lord I pray, Just let me live long enough to do everything they say I have done"
post #5 of 6 Old Apr 22nd, 2007, 7:45 pm

How is Steve doing?

Had a great time for the day that I was there!

How was that yummy steak dinner last night?

Brett
2003 K1200LTC SOLD
2013 K1600GTL SOLD
2018 K1600GA SOLD
2019 K1600GA Blue

North Georgia

2005 CCR-Tetons
2006 CCR-Braselton
2008 CCR-Midway
2009 CCR-Rapid City
2011 CCR-Boise
2012 CCR-Duluth
2014 CCR-Chattanooga
2015 CCR-Coeur d 'Alene

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 6 Old Apr 22nd, 2007, 7:47 pm

Warning!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger6
Good recap, John, and it's typical I can't be there when there's perfect weather all around! I think Doug and I are going back up in a couple of weeks, so I'll play catch up then. Have fun, ya'll!
Ironhorse has been warned of the Skippy returning!

Brett
2003 K1200LTC SOLD
2013 K1600GTL SOLD
2018 K1600GA SOLD
2019 K1600GA Blue

North Georgia

2005 CCR-Tetons
2006 CCR-Braselton
2008 CCR-Midway
2009 CCR-Rapid City
2011 CCR-Boise
2012 CCR-Duluth
2014 CCR-Chattanooga
2015 CCR-Coeur d 'Alene

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in