"Return to Ironhorse" Update New LT Owner - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old Nov 7th, 2005, 9:00 pm Thread Starter

Smile "Return to Ironhorse" Update New LT Owner

If you attended LT Spring Training Camp last April or Return to Ironhorse a few weeks ago, you know that Ironhorse owner John Powell has been eyeing the LT for some time, well Mark Neblett gave John the LT story with the chance to take Mark's for a ride... enough said.. got this email from John's wife Charlene today...says it all...

Email start:
John & I are proud to announce we are the owners of a K1200LT(good thing John has a lap top)
John just picked it up in Wilmington NC. It is black and silver and we got the trailer to pull behind.
Guess we are ready to hit the road. I'm getting heated clothing for my birthday.
Email End:

Charlene's remark about the lap top, well at Spring Training Camp in April, late one afternoon, many of us where in the lodge and had our lap tops out checking email and such, a non-LT visitor dropped in, inquired about the group there and noted all the Lap tops, so he said he finally understood what the LT stood for....

Welcome aboard John and Charlene, they will not have far to travel to CCR or Spring Training Camp.

Don G Norwood
11 R1200GSA w/DMC sidecar Radio Flyer IV
2015 G650GS, 1998 1200 C

"Oh Lord I pray, Just let me live long enough to do everything they say I have done"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old Nov 7th, 2005, 9:18 pm

Interesting to note that after seeing all of the different bikes that pass through their outstanding place, they choose an LT.
Congrats to John and Charlene.

Doug Roorda
Mid TN
99 K1200LT
03 Ducati M800S-sold
02 F650GS-Dakar
03 DRZ400S
KJ4EER

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 Old Nov 7th, 2005, 10:24 pm

Wow! That was all of, what, a week?? So much for "thinkin' 'bout it this winter"

Of course, his grin *was* pretty wide when he got back (mumbled something about it being real stable over the ton-- which I'm sure was all hypothetical, as there's no real place to do that around there, right? ).

So when are they registering as new members here?

Mark Neblett
Fairfax, VA

post #4 of 10 Old Nov 7th, 2005, 10:48 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mneblett
Wow! That was all of, what, a week?? So much for "thinkin' 'bout it this winter"

Of course, his grin *was* pretty wide when he got back (mumbled something about it being real stable over the ton-- which I'm sure was all hypothetical, as there's no real place to do that around there, right? ).

So when are they registering as new members here?
I emailed them the link for our site tonight...they are really looking at CCR as well...John wanted to keep my CE DVD to show some friends, he also got a ride to Texas Hill Country planned for early spring with some of his friends, BTW two of them now have LTs, one is registered on the site already.

During LT Spring Training Camp with the tech sessions going on in his garages, vendors doing installs and we had the place maxed out, plus we still hold the record for the most "chocolate brownie sundaes with whipped cream" by any one group, he really started to look hard at the LT then, but the ride was the kicker...

Let's see... Vinyllhorse Motorcycle Lodge? Luxury Touring Motorcycle Lodge?
Farkle Lodge? K Lodge? Beemers and others Lodge? Could a name change be next?

Don G Norwood
11 R1200GSA w/DMC sidecar Radio Flyer IV
2015 G650GS, 1998 1200 C

"Oh Lord I pray, Just let me live long enough to do everything they say I have done"
post #5 of 10 Old Nov 8th, 2005, 5:32 am

Shootout at the LT Corral kinda keeps the flavor.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-

Grok
post #6 of 10 Old Nov 8th, 2005, 5:49 am

I can be witness to what Mark said, John came back from his demo ride and boy was he smiling!

.....shootout at the LT corral? Hum!

Brett
2003 K1200LTC SOLD
2013 K1600GTL SOLD
2018 K1600GA SOLD
2019 K1600GA Blue

North Georgia

2005 CCR-Tetons
2006 CCR-Braselton
2008 CCR-Midway
2009 CCR-Rapid City
2011 CCR-Boise
2012 CCR-Duluth
2014 CCR-Chattanooga
2015 CCR-Coeur d 'Alene

post #7 of 10 Old Nov 8th, 2005, 8:33 am

Woohoo!!!! This just too cool. I remember John talking to Mark on Friday night and listening to remarks from John on Saturday morning at breakfast about looking at one.

Looking forward to seeing them at Spring Training Camp, aka Shootout at the LT Corral.

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'02 LTE - Red-blooded Dragonfly
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg
'01 LTC - Flying Purple People Eater (Ya gotta be old enough to understand)(RIP)
'00 LTC - Canyon Red Rover (RIP)

Have you
bmwlt.com lately????

"To not know me is to lose nothing, to not know Him is to lose everything."
post #8 of 10 Old Nov 8th, 2005, 7:01 pm

Thumbs up LT = 'Offical bike of the Iron Horse Motorcycle Lodge'

John bought an LT . . . that's TOO COOL! Can't wait to see them again next April!
post #9 of 10 Old Nov 10th, 2005, 7:43 pm

The best part is he bought one in the right color, black, which as Dave Dragon will confirm is the fastest color. Hope to see you all in the spring.

Adversity builds character.

BMW MOA #: 115771
My rides: '01 K1200LT Black (of course)
'00 BMW 540i (also black)
'76 Toyota Landcruiser FJ40 (not black)
'06 Toyota Landcruiser (black again)
post #10 of 10 Old Nov 13th, 2005, 9:00 pm

I just got back from the IronHorse....OH.....Don't tell anyone, Today is Miss Charlene's Birdie Day..I got to sing her my best Birdie day song around 7:30 AM today.

I tried to tell John 2 weeks ago not to ride Mark's LT. Because I knew what was going to happen. Grinning from ear to ear when he came back.

I took the Rocket up there this weekend...had a ball but it will take this ol man a week to recoupe from the ride home....sure missed the LT.

Thanks Don for turning us on to the Ironhorse, I will see you there in Apr if God is willing

Joey Fletcher
Durham NC

Joey Fletcher
Durham NC
2001 LT name Dolly because she is so dang Top Heavy
2005 Triumph Rocket III
Access to 2005 SE V-Rod

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in