April RTE?? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old Mar 25th, 2007, 4:23 pm Thread Starter

April RTE??

We've got three weekends between now and STC on April 22. For those that are going to STC and then for those not going, do we want to try and do a RTE on say the 8th or 15th??

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'02 LTE - Red-blooded Dragonfly
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg
'01 LTC - Flying Purple People Eater (Ya gotta be old enough to understand)(RIP)
'00 LTC - Canyon Red Rover (RIP)

Have you
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bmwlt.com lately????

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"To not know me is to lose nothing, to not know Him is to lose everything."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old Mar 25th, 2007, 5:55 pm
Wrencher Extraordinaire

Steve you gota pick a place on MY side of Atlanta. Fenders looked great but that's a five hour dive one way! Lookin forward to Iron horse in April see ya there fer sure.

John
2009 K1300GT Red Rocket
2009 R1200GS (Gone)
2005 K1200LT Ocean Blue Blue Wizard 110 K and counting...
2006 Bushtec Turbo+2 Spell
2004 330 Ci Convertable
K4AN

Have ridden a Motorcycle in all 48
But lack DE, MA, RI and CT with the 2005 LT

post #3 of 10 Old Mar 25th, 2007, 10:38 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzeiler
Steve you gota pick a place on MY side of Atlanta. Fenders looked great but that's a five hour dive one way! Lookin forward to Iron horse in April see ya there fer sure.
Please explain to me how that's a problem?!

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg
'01 LTC - Flying Purple People Eater (Ya gotta be old enough to understand)(RIP)

Have you
bmwlt.com lately????

post #4 of 10 Old Mar 26th, 2007, 11:19 am
Wrencher Extraordinaire

I just enjoy sleeping in on Saturdays. I would have to get up too early to make it by Noon (change in time zones means it is really a 6 hour drive). I'm just whining because I had too many honey do's this weekend.

John
2009 K1300GT Red Rocket
2009 R1200GS (Gone)
2005 K1200LT Ocean Blue Blue Wizard 110 K and counting...
2006 Bushtec Turbo+2 Spell
2004 330 Ci Convertable
K4AN

Have ridden a Motorcycle in all 48
But lack DE, MA, RI and CT with the 2005 LT

post #5 of 10 Old Mar 26th, 2007, 8:27 pm

Smile 8th ok

I think the 8th would be a better split between now and the STC. Lets go south since we went north last time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_R
We've got three weekends between now and STC on April 22. For those that are going to STC and then for those not going, do we want to try and do a RTE on say the 8th or 15th??

looking around for a possible replacement

2001 K1200 LTC Mauve (Hi-Way Star) may she rest in peace!

CCR'2001 Hotsprings, AR., Sante Fe, NM., Gatlinberg, TN.
Breckinridge, CO., Grand Teton Nat. Prk, WY.
Chateau Elan, GA., Tan-a-Tar-A missed it!
post #6 of 10 Old Mar 26th, 2007, 8:38 pm Thread Starter

Red face I goofed!!!!

You know what? I screwed up. I should have said the 7th or the 14th. But South on the April 7th sounds like a good idea. Any suggestions and how far south? And Greg, the answer is "No" on Hooters.

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg

Have you
bmwlt.com lately????

post #7 of 10 Old Mar 26th, 2007, 9:29 pm

I'm in for the 7th. Got the battery all charged up and ready to go!!!! Heading south sounds good.

Al Strickland
Blairsville, Georgia
1967 Honda Cub
1972 Honda CB350
1979 Suzuki GS750E
2001 R1150GS (gone -- victim of a Highway 28 curve)
2002 K1200LT Trike (now history, transmission died)
2009 R1200GS
2013 K1600GTL

2009 K1300GT
post #8 of 10 Old Mar 27th, 2007, 1:26 am Thread Starter

Noticed you didn't post up about missing on Saturday. Do you have a dent in the back of that new helmet? You know, the one where Jan beat you on the head all the way back to Braselton.

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg

Have you
bmwlt.com lately????

post #9 of 10 Old Mar 27th, 2007, 9:40 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_R
Noticed you didn't post up about missing on Saturday. Do you have a dent in the back of that new helmet? You know, the one where Jan beat you on the head all the way back to Braselton.
Yeah, I'm still paying for that stupid mistake. I have a bad habit of shutting off the bike by kicking out the side stand. Sometimes I forget to switch off the key. I am thinking about wiring some kind of alarm in the side stand ignition cut out wire so when the stand is out the alarm will sound until the key is switched off. Wiring a relay inline which controls current from a wire keyed to the ignition switch should do the trick.

One lesson learned is that a very dead battery cannot be jump started, at least John R's LT wouldn't do it. After a couple of hours on the charger at Blue Moon we finally were able to head home to give the battery a good overnight charge. BTW, I mounted the charger behind the rear seat so I will never be away from home with no way to charge the battery!

Al Strickland
Blairsville, Georgia
1967 Honda Cub
1972 Honda CB350
1979 Suzuki GS750E
2001 R1150GS (gone -- victim of a Highway 28 curve)
2002 K1200LT Trike (now history, transmission died)
2009 R1200GS
2013 K1600GTL

2009 K1300GT
post #10 of 10 Old Mar 27th, 2007, 1:53 pm

dont feel too bad....

I accidently switched on my running lights when I parked the bike at Fenders. Luckily it was not as dead as your bike cause Steve jumped the bike after about 5 minutes. Nice thing about the Odysee battery is you can drain it down dead and it will recharge to normal in a nights time. It did not even have to have the ABS reset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alstrickland55
Yeah, I'm still paying for that stupid mistake. I have a bad habit of shutting off the bike by kicking out the side stand. Sometimes I forget to switch off the key. I am thinking about wiring some kind of alarm in the side stand ignition cut out wire so when the stand is out the alarm will sound until the key is switched off. Wiring a relay inline which controls current from a wire keyed to the ignition switch should do the trick.

One lesson learned is that a very dead battery cannot be jump started, at least John R's LT wouldn't do it. After a couple of hours on the charger at Blue Moon we finally were able to head home to give the battery a good overnight charge. BTW, I mounted the charger behind the rear seat so I will never be away from home with no way to charge the battery!

looking around for a possible replacement

2001 K1200 LTC Mauve (Hi-Way Star) may she rest in peace!

CCR'2001 Hotsprings, AR., Sante Fe, NM., Gatlinberg, TN.
Breckinridge, CO., Grand Teton Nat. Prk, WY.
Chateau Elan, GA., Tan-a-Tar-A missed it!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in