Jeff's Strip Joint open 3/3 - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old Feb 15th, 2007, 8:10 pm Thread Starter

Jeff's Strip Joint open 3/3

I'll be hosting a tech session at my place on March 3rd in Myrtle Beach. As some of you are aware, Jim Bain will be riding his LT in the IBR in August and we are continuing to prepare his bike for that event. We will be installing Wilber shocks on Benton Blalock's LT and may pull the shim buckets on my bike to determine what size I need if I need them. Three is the max we can get in my garage but there is additional room in the drive if the weather is okay. We usually get started about 9:00 a.m. and work till. I don't serve food but we usually hit up the local Firehouse for subs around lunch time. I have tools but I'm a little low on filters right now except for fuel filter and I've got plenty of them. If anyone comes from out of town and needs overnight, let me know. For directions email me at [email protected].

Jeff in Myrtle Beach
'01 LTC
'99 Icon champagne
'02 KLR 650
TZ 185 2 stroke
Honda R100R beater

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by johnrehder; Mar 19th, 2007 at 7:52 pm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old Feb 15th, 2007, 9:24 pm

Jeff, I put a sticky on this to keep it at the top of the forum.

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'02 LTE - Red-blooded Dragonfly
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg
'01 LTC - Flying Purple People Eater (Ya gotta be old enough to understand)(RIP)
'00 LTC - Canyon Red Rover (RIP)

Have you
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bmwlt.com lately????

"To not know me is to lose nothing, to not know Him is to lose everything."
post #3 of 10 Old Feb 26th, 2007, 8:55 am Thread Starter

Looks like it will be a good learning session if anyone wants to come watch on Saturday. We will be doing a complete 24k on Jim Bain's bike including brake flush on a linked brake system. We will also be replacing front brake pads and replacing the entire rear end. On Benton Blalock's bike, we will be installing a new set of Wilber shocks. Let me know if you need directions.

Jeff in Myrtle Beach
'01 LTC
'99 Icon champagne
'02 KLR 650
TZ 185 2 stroke
Honda R100R beater

post #4 of 10 Old Mar 2nd, 2007, 7:48 am Thread Starter

Due to a death in my wife's family, gonna have to cancel tomorrow's tech session, will post here as soon as we can reschedule.

Jeff in Myrtle Beach
'01 LTC
'99 Icon champagne
'02 KLR 650
TZ 185 2 stroke
Honda R100R beater

post #5 of 10 Old Mar 2nd, 2007, 12:02 pm

Sorry about your loss Jeff. Know that Connie and I will be praying for your family.

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'02 LTE - Red-blooded Dragonfly
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg
'01 LTC - Flying Purple People Eater (Ya gotta be old enough to understand)(RIP)
'00 LTC - Canyon Red Rover (RIP)

Have you
bmwlt.com lately????

"To not know me is to lose nothing, to not know Him is to lose everything."
post #6 of 10 Old Mar 7th, 2007, 7:03 pm

Hi,

Iím sorry I missed your annual tech sessionÖ again. I moved in the area 2 years ago, Murrells Inlet, and missed it the first time because I was in the process of moving into my new house. I missed it again this year because I was in Maryland visiting my kids and just got back.

Besides the fact that there are no BMW dealers in the immediate area, and having the opportunity to learn how to fix and maintain the LT, I mainly wanted the chance to meet some folks in the area that ride.

Anyway, if there are any events or gatherings other then the ones I seem to miss, please let me know. I just traded in my 1999 LT and got a new 2007 model, and Iím looking to put some miles on it.

Thanks,

Bill Pennington
[email protected]
post #7 of 10 Old Mar 14th, 2007, 11:12 am Thread Starter

Jeff's Strip Joint rescheduled

Short notice I realize, but we will be open at 9:00 a.m. Saturday morning. Jim Bain's bike will get VERY nekid and it will be my first time for the brake flush on a linked system. If Benton is able to be there we will be doing new shocks for him as well as fluids and filters.

If you need directions or have questions email me at [email protected]

Jeff in Myrtle Beach
'01 LTC
'99 Icon champagne
'02 KLR 650
TZ 185 2 stroke
Honda R100R beater

Last edited by johnrehder; Mar 15th, 2007 at 8:43 pm.
post #8 of 10 Old Mar 19th, 2007, 3:16 pm Thread Starter

got the Wilbers installed on Benton Blalock's 05. Ran into a problem on Jim Bain's bike when the coolant drain plug sheared in half. This bolt also houses the coolant temperature sensor and is therefore hollow. Jim's bike is obviously still at the strip joint and when we called Cape Fear to see how quickly we could get the part he mentioned that was a fairly typical failure. We have therefore decided to keep a spare in the garage. Anyone else encountered this failure?

Jeff in Myrtle Beach
'01 LTC
'99 Icon champagne
'02 KLR 650
TZ 185 2 stroke
Honda R100R beater

post #9 of 10 Old Mar 19th, 2007, 5:41 pm

Hey Jeff, what happened to Virginia!

Oh, I forget you are a hokie pokey fan!

Go Vols!

Now if we can get past those Buckeyes!

Brett
2003 K1200LTC SOLD
2013 K1600GTL SOLD
2018 K1600GA SOLD
2019 K1600GA Blue

North Georgia

2005 CCR-Tetons
2006 CCR-Braselton
2008 CCR-Midway
2009 CCR-Rapid City
2011 CCR-Boise
2012 CCR-Duluth
2014 CCR-Chattanooga
2015 CCR-Coeur d 'Alene

post #10 of 10 Old Mar 20th, 2007, 9:02 am Thread Starter

Hokies and Cavs both tanked this weekend. Ramon Sessions of Nevada is a kid who played for our high school and I announced for while he was here. They lost too guess I'll have to root for the Vols...not such a bad thing when they are not playing us.

Jeff in Myrtle Beach
'01 LTC
'99 Icon champagne
'02 KLR 650
TZ 185 2 stroke
Honda R100R beater

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in