K1200LT riders - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old Jan 20th, 2007, 2:00 pm Thread Starter

K1200LT riders

Are there any K1200 lt riders in the Northeast part of TN? I am in Bristol, TN and looking for fellow riders to share knowledge and rides with. I ride alone a lot and my girfriend goes on occasion when she can. We may be interested in doing some group rides also.
Darryl Daggs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old Jan 20th, 2007, 2:41 pm

Darryl,

As best I can tell, there are about 41 LT forum members that live in Tennessee. Go to <Members Info> on the second solid blue bar and click on it. From that pull down select <Members List>. After that go to the <Search Members> pull down on the line just under the Alphabet and select <Advanced Search>. Then scroll down to State, enter "TN" and then to the bottom of the page and click <Search Now>. You will see everyone that has listed TN as their state of residence.

We have folks that don't necessarily fill out their profile, so there maybe others living in Tennessee that will respond to your thread.

I see you haven't been around very long, so well come to the board. Keep an eye out on the SouthEast Forum to see Ride To Eat, RTE, and Ride To Meet, RTM. It's another good way to see what is going on.

If you interested in learning about your LT and riding with some folks from all over you might want to think about coming to Spring Training Camp.

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'02 LTE - Red-blooded Dragonfly
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg
'01 LTC - Flying Purple People Eater (Ya gotta be old enough to understand)(RIP)
'00 LTC - Canyon Red Rover (RIP)

Have you
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bmwlt.com lately????

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"To not know me is to lose nothing, to not know Him is to lose everything."
post #3 of 11 Old Jan 20th, 2007, 4:58 pm

Bristol, TN "A Great Place to Live".

I used to live in Bristol and then Johnson City. I loved that area. Some great roads around you! Some pretty good roads around MD as well, but not as scenic.

No help I know, just reminiscing

-Ekim
2005 K1200LT (R.I.P.)
Manchester, MD

post #4 of 11 Old Jan 22nd, 2007, 8:04 am

I'm about 2 hrs away from Bristol. And while not a LT er, a friend of mine is the manager at Bristol Mall and he rides a gold wing and a pretty swell guy to boot.

Maybe we can meet and ride sometime.

Randy
post #5 of 11 Old Jan 22nd, 2007, 4:07 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by darryldaggs
Are there any K1200 lt riders in the Northeast part of TN? I am in Bristol, TN and looking for fellow riders to share knowledge and rides with. I ride alone a lot and my girfriend goes on occasion when she can. We may be interested in doing some group rides also.
Darryl Daggs

Hey, Darryl, I'm just down the road in Johnson City. Welcome to the forum! Drop me a note anytime. I do travel around a bit, but I'll make excuses to Steve_R about coming down and go with you instead!!!

Jay Slomka
Johnson City, TN

Y2K LT Champagne Class Act

BMWMOA, AMA, IBA
post #6 of 11 Old Jan 23rd, 2007, 6:36 pm Thread Starter

ride

Thanks for the note would love to ride sometime. And pick your brain some on the LT im new to this High class ride thing. Oh I see your a MSF instructor also ..... I've not taken the class ..... plan on it though. You can email me anytime at [email protected]
post #7 of 11 Old Jan 23rd, 2007, 6:39 pm Thread Starter

ride

Dont worry im not a Bike racist by any means , LOL. Your friend gets a lot of my Money I shop at the Mall a lot. Hey see if he can get some newer stores in there. I would much rather spend my money there but sometimes I end up in J.C. cause of Lack of stores. Would it be a nice ride to Mayberry?
post #8 of 11 Old Jan 23rd, 2007, 7:08 pm

I'm just a short ride here in Asheville NC, and can show you some great roads in WNC.
post #9 of 11 Old Jan 24th, 2007, 7:04 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by darryldaggs
Dont worry im not a Bike racist by any means , LOL. Your friend gets a lot of my Money I shop at the Mall a lot. Hey see if he can get some newer stores in there. I would much rather spend my money there but sometimes I end up in J.C. cause of Lack of stores. Would it be a nice ride to Mayberry?
It's nice enough that my friend up there usually passes throough a couple times a year on his way or part of a Blue Ridge Parkway ride. There are plenty of bike roads up here. C'mon over sometime.

You might check on Motorcycle Tourers Forum sometime (can I say that here?). I know he (uncle Harry) hangs in there and I think there may be some other riders from the Bristol Area, too. He was going to get an LT except for the lack of dealership close by.

And take any MSF course you can. They are all good. a good set of coaches will work with experienced riders in a basic course to try to challenge them. I try to when I have experienced riders. It's hard to get an Experienced Rider Course together.

randy
post #10 of 11 Old Jan 24th, 2007, 10:52 am

I was "detained" in Bristol once, and in jail in Johnson City once. No charges filed though. Youth -- what a great time!

If you know Tom Mount or Todd Ross, tell 'em I said hi.
post #11 of 11 Old May 10th, 2007, 9:52 pm

Smile

Hello,

I live in Hendersonville, TN. I am located north of Nashville in "middle TN". I too am looking for someone to ride with that has a 1200. Send me a pm if still interested in riding one weekend.

John

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in