Key West - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old Jan 17th, 2007, 6:09 am Thread Starter
rtd

Key West

Can anybody suggest a biker friendly hotel or B&B that is near Duval St. We are planning a trip down there and have always stayed at the Comfort Inn which is several miles from old town.I am concerned with bike parking and cleanliness,etc.
Thanks for help,Rick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old Jan 17th, 2007, 6:16 am

Rick,

the last time my wife and I were in Key West we stayed at Key Lodge

http://www.keylodge.com/home.htm

It was clean and just a block from old town. We walked everywhere we needed to go.

Bruce
Rowlett, TX
2010 Gold Wing
'00 Canyon Red - Sold

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 Old Jan 17th, 2007, 6:21 am
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtd
Can anybody suggest a biker friendly hotel or B&B that is near Duval St. We are planning a trip down there and have always stayed at the Comfort Inn which is several miles from old town.I am concerned with bike parking and cleanliness,etc.
Thanks for help,Rick
We've stayed at the Southernmost Hotel and it is very clean and biker friendly. The walk from end to end on Duval is great. There are two super good restaurants within a 5 minute walk too. If you are taking a wireless laptop they are a hot spot for you. Click here We highly recommend this hotel.

Ernie A
Milwaukie, OR
Member: MOA, AMA, IBA, NRA, MERA
GS911 & GS911 Wifi - Diagnostics Tools Available
2012 K16GTL (3/2018 to present) 68k (Totaled! 8/11/19 Deer strike)

2013 R1200GSW
> 28k miles!
2002 K12LT Toscana Green - > 241k miles (Sold)
2006 Suzuki DL1000 V Strom Silver/Blk - >21k (Sold)
SS1K (x4),BB,BtoB(<24),BBG, SS3k

post #4 of 9 Old Jan 17th, 2007, 7:55 am

I'll second Key Lodge. My wife and I stayed there twice and had a nice time, it is clean and friendly and close to the old town section.

Fred Rosenbaum
NF1U
2006 K1200LT Totaled
2005 R1200GS
post #5 of 9 Old Jan 17th, 2007, 10:55 am
Old Dawg

I was just there two weeks ago and this is the place I always stay at, it's a 1/2 block off Duval in the middle of town: http://www.lhabitation.com/
You should check out Pier House too, it's very nice and on the water.

Scott
Sacramento CA
HDDC Posse

''03 Ducati ST4S with ABS - '12 KTM 500EXC - '19 BMW GS/A
(Jessica Focker's) '15 BMW S1000RR - '17 KTM 350EXC-F - '09 Yamaha XT250

Some of the most asinine things people do are typically preceded by the two words "Watch this."
post #6 of 9 Old Jan 17th, 2007, 1:27 pm

I know so little 'bout KW it's ain't but funny. Only time I was there was a training flight on a C-130 to the Naval Air Station. When we were released, got a cab to go 'eat'. Asked the cabbie "what's this place like?". His reply?

Key West. It's where the 'weirds' go pro.

Tate

02 Mauve - my 'Light Truck'
Wyoming Immigration Officer, Cyberhiway tour guide and

post #7 of 9 Old Jan 17th, 2007, 8:35 pm

I have stayed at the Pier House. Address: 1 Duval Street so you are definitely there. Parking is in the lot; it's relatively well lit (as well as most of the guests) so theft wouldn't be a big concern. Rooms weren't real big but clean and nicely appointed. As you know, during the "season" is credit card melting in cost; I paid $204.00 per night back in October. Great location!
This website may also give you some helpful information:
http://www.keywestpoint.com/
post #8 of 9 Old Jan 17th, 2007, 9:37 pm

keywest

Stayed At Southernmost Hotel Also And Loved It. Perfect Spot At End Of Duval Street. Price Was Around $199
post #9 of 9 Old Jan 17th, 2007, 9:41 pm
Super Moderator

Bike Parking . . .

Stayed in Key West a few years back during bike week.

Was too tired to ride back to Daytona so we scoured the town for a place and found a cheap room for $100 for two - very minimal.

We then used the multilevel public parking garage downtown to park the bikes - secured, well lit, cameras and always an attendent.

Dan Finazzo

"Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted to get"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in