Looking at relocating to the South East, but where? - BMW Luxury Touring Community
 35Likes
  • 1 Post By bmwcoolk1200
  • 4 Post By Whiskey
  • 1 Post By zippy_gg
  • 1 Post By zippy_gg
  • 3 Post By zippy_gg
  • 1 Post By bmwcoolk1200
  • 1 Post By Whiskey
  • 2 Post By zippy_gg
  • 1 Post By Whiskey
  • 2 Post By bmwcoolk1200
  • 1 Post By zippy_gg
  • 1 Post By zippy_gg
  • 2 Post By jzeiler
  • 2 Post By Gruivis
  • 2 Post By pkpr1998
  • 1 Post By Urbanhermit
  • 1 Post By zippy_gg
  • 1 Post By Whiskey
  • 3 Post By zippy_gg
  • 2 Post By Whiskey
  • 2 Post By zippy_gg

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 39 Old Dec 17th, 2016, 3:20 pm Thread Starter

Question Looking at relocating to the South East, but where?

Unless my job search gets better in the L.A. area in the next couple of months we will relocate somewhere in Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, or South Carolina where we will look for a house to buy.
Ideally I would find an IT Manager position, but I am open to a career change; Kathy could teach once she finishes her Master degree.
A house in the "burbs" will suit our needs, I just need to be close enough to a larger town where the jobs are.
I know this is a bit vague, but that's all we know for now.
Planning on a road trip in January to scout potential locations.
Any suggestions from you local guys?

Gilles & Kathy
BMWMOA# 154719
IBA# 71594
2011 Ostra Gray RT
06 Mercedes-Benz E350 Estate (parts and people hauler)
2012 BMW X3 (parts and people hauler)
86 Porsche 911 Cabriolet (my "new" baby)

For her I climbed the highest mountain!
For her I swam across the deepest ocean!
For her I walked through the largest desert!
And then she left me... She said I was never home!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 Old Dec 17th, 2016, 5:56 pm

Garage
Re: Looking at relocating to the South East, but where?

The Northeast corner of Atlanta, between GA400 and I85, North of 285 is where all of the tech jobs are in Atlanta. If you decide to stay in tech, I'd suggest either Atlanta or Raleigh. The jobs are plentiful in both places and the cost of living is fairly low.

2000 R1100RT
post #3 of 39 Old Dec 17th, 2016, 8:19 pm

What Whiskey said. I prefer the North, North East of Atlanta outside the I285 beltway if you end up moving here. There are some big players here if IT is your thing. Depending on where you are in CA, traffic won't likely be any better.

Gordon
Sugar Hill, GA
2001 K1200LTI Champagne (current ride) Lazy Susan
1998 R1100RT Never should have sold it
1974 Yamaha TX 750 Twin. Omni Phase Balanced

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 39 Old Dec 18th, 2016, 8:10 pm Thread Starter

Thank you gents! IT is may thing, as it has been for the past 30 years.
I currently live in the Northwestern part of Los Angeles, so I am used to traffic, but here I can split lanes, which I know I won't be able to do in other states.
My wife is looking for a house near Atlanta, and our scouting trip should take place sometime in January.
Can you suggest a town or area to get a house within reasonable of Atlanta or large employers?
We will likely rent first and then take the plunge and buy a home using the equity from our current L.A. house.
TIA

Gilles & Kathy
BMWMOA# 154719
IBA# 71594
2011 Ostra Gray RT

post #5 of 39 Old Dec 19th, 2016, 5:26 am

Garage

Renting first is an excellent idea, it will give you a chance to get to know the area. One thing to keep in mind is that not all school systems are created equal. Do you have kids? If so, I think Roswell would be a good area to look. It's fairly central to the technology area and the schools are fairly good.

2000 R1100RT
post #6 of 39 Old Dec 19th, 2016, 9:41 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey View Post
Renting first is an excellent idea, it will give you a chance to get to know the area. One thing to keep in mind is that not all school systems are created equal. Do you have kids? If so, I think Roswell would be a good area to look. It's fairly central to the technology area and the schools are fairly good.
Roswell would put you in the top center and is a good location choice. I lived there for several years 25 years ago and worked out of Marietta as a field engineer. Only draw back is there is only one major route and that is Highway 400 to reach destinations north or south. It is always backed up morning and evening. North East you would be looking at Gwinnett Co. Good schools and shopping. Suwanee area, Buford, Lawrenceville, Duluth, Sugar Hill.
Whiskey likes this.

Gordon
Sugar Hill, GA

post #7 of 39 Old Dec 19th, 2016, 9:58 am
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car

Austin Texas is loaded with IT and other High Tech work. Plus some of the best riding in the state is out our back door. As for the "Burbs" Kyle, Buda, Round Rock, Georgetown are all just out side of Austin and are all great smaller towns especially Kyle. Come on down for a visit (you have a place to stay with Sammie & I) and check our our little part of the world.

Stevie Shreeve
post #8 of 39 Old Dec 19th, 2016, 10:40 am

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwcoolk1200 View Post
Roswell would put you in the top center and is a good location choice. I lived there for several years 25 years ago and worked out of Marietta as a field engineer. Only draw back is there is only one major route and that is Highway 400 to reach destinations north or south. It is always backed up morning and evening. North East you would be looking at Gwinnett Co. Good schools and shopping. Suwanee area, Buford, Lawrenceville, Duluth, Sugar Hill.
Not a fan of Lawrenceville and Duluth, but Suwanee, Buford and Sugar Hill are all nice areas. The main reason I suggested Roswell is because it's a nice area and most of the tech jobs would be East or West of you, so 400 isn't necessary. I live in Kennesaw and work in Roswell, so I take surface streets every day. It's easy better than when I worked in Duluth and had to take the interstates. Ugh.

2000 R1100RT
post #9 of 39 Old Dec 19th, 2016, 10:44 am

Garage

By the way, are you a second amendment supporter? Kennesaw, my home town, has the distinction of being a town where homeowners are legally required to own a firearm. Oddly enough, we also have the lowest crime rate in the area.

http://www.aol.com/article/2016/07/2...-gun/21439364/
pkpr1998, zippy_gg, powwow and 1 others like this.

2000 R1100RT
post #10 of 39 Old Dec 19th, 2016, 10:52 am

Garage

If you will be working in the Technology corridor of Peachtree Corners and Norcross and you want to limit your commute time and aggravation, I would stick to Peachtree Corners, Norcross, Dunwoody, East Roswell, Duluth, John's Creek and Alpharetta.

Eastern-most Cobb County is also a choice but you could potentially be dealing with awful traffic on Holcomb Bridge and then again crossing 400.

Keep in mind that the Chattahoochee River cuts through most of the northern suburbs and there are only a few roads that cross the river so these roads will be packed at rush hour. So keeping on the same side of the river as where you work will dramatically influence your commute time. Holcomb Bridge Road is one of these very busy corridors that crosses the river and if you work in Norcross and live in East Roswell, you will have to deal with traffic in the morning and in the evening. I live off of Holcomb Bridge and I have to schedule around traffic which is a bummer.

So, my suggestion to live (if you are working in Peachtree Corners/Norcross): North of I-285, East of 400, West of I-85 and then secondarily try to avoid a river crossing. Top of my list would be Dunwoody, Peachtree Corners and perhaps Norcross downtown. Then East Roswell, Duluth, John's Creek and Alpharetta. Lastly, East Cobb.

As an example, if you live in Dunwoody and work in Norcross your commute should be no more than 1/2 hour depending on which roads you take. East Cobb to Norcross could be an hour or more depending on backups on 400 and other issues (ice, snow, rain, etc.).

I am not a real estate agent but have lived most of my life in the Atlanta area.

Will

Current Bike: 2018 K1600B
Sold: 2014 R1200RT

Currently live in North Metro Atlanta (OTP)
post #11 of 39 Old Dec 19th, 2016, 2:19 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
My daughters are grown and the 2 youngest (twins) are on their 3rd year at UA, Tuscaloosa, so a good school district to teach at would be a good thing for my wife.
Whiskey likes this.

Gilles & Kathy
BMWMOA# 154719
IBA# 71594
2011 Ostra Gray RT

post #12 of 39 Old Dec 19th, 2016, 2:22 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by katnapinn View Post
Austin Texas is loaded with IT and other High Tech work. Plus some of the best riding in the state is out our back door. As for the "Burbs" Kyle, Buda, Round Rock, Georgetown are all just out side of Austin and are all great smaller towns especially Kyle. Come on down for a visit (you have a place to stay with Sammie & I) and check our our little part of the world.
Thanks Stevie! We'll definitely stop by to see you guys!
katnapinn likes this.

Gilles & Kathy
BMWMOA# 154719
IBA# 71594
2011 Ostra Gray RT

post #13 of 39 Old Dec 19th, 2016, 2:26 pm Thread Starter

Thanks Will, that is a lot of good info.
I have yet to look for work in that area, so this would be my next step.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillH View Post
If you will be working in the Technology corridor of Peachtree Corners and Norcross and you want to limit your commute time and aggravation, I would stick to Peachtree Corners, Norcross, Dunwoody, East Roswell, Duluth, John's Creek and Alpharetta.

Eastern-most Cobb County is also a choice but you could potentially be dealing with awful traffic on Holcomb Bridge and then again crossing 400.

Keep in mind that the Chattahoochee River cuts through most of the northern suburbs and there are only a few roads that cross the river so these roads will be packed at rush hour. So keeping on the same side of the river as where you work will dramatically influence your commute time. Holcomb Bridge Road is one of these very busy corridors that crosses the river and if you work in Norcross and live in East Roswell, you will have to deal with traffic in the morning and in the evening. I live off of Holcomb Bridge and I have to schedule around traffic which is a bummer.

So, my suggestion to live (if you are working in Peachtree Corners/Norcross): North of I-285, East of 400, West of I-85 and then secondarily try to avoid a river crossing. Top of my list would be Dunwoody, Peachtree Corners and perhaps Norcross downtown. Then East Roswell, Duluth, John's Creek and Alpharetta. Lastly, East Cobb.

As an example, if you live in Dunwoody and work in Norcross your commute should be no more than 1/2 hour depending on which roads you take. East Cobb to Norcross could be an hour or more depending on backups on 400 and other issues (ice, snow, rain, etc.).

I am not a real estate agent but have lived most of my life in the Atlanta area.

Will

Gilles & Kathy
BMWMOA# 154719
IBA# 71594
2011 Ostra Gray RT

post #14 of 39 Old Dec 19th, 2016, 4:14 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
By the way, are you a second amendment supporter? Kennesaw, my home town, has the distinction of being a town where homeowners are legally required to own a firearm. Oddly enough, we also have the lowest crime rate in the area.

5 American cities that require you to own a gun - AOL News
A supporter and practitioner of the 2nd amendment!
pkpr1998, bmwcoolk1200 and Whiskey like this.

Gilles & Kathy
BMWMOA# 154719
IBA# 71594
2011 Ostra Gray RT

post #15 of 39 Old Dec 20th, 2016, 5:26 pm Thread Starter

Now I need to ask the counter-question: Are there any areas I need to avoid (because of crime, traffic, high unemployment rate, high taxes, etc.)?

Gilles & Kathy
BMWMOA# 154719
IBA# 71594
2011 Ostra Gray RT

post #16 of 39 Old Dec 20th, 2016, 8:18 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Any input on Lithonia, Snellville, and Stone Mountain?
Feel free to PM me if you don't want to post here.

Gilles & Kathy
BMWMOA# 154719
IBA# 71594
2011 Ostra Gray RT

Last edited by zippy_gg; Dec 20th, 2016 at 8:53 pm.
post #17 of 39 Old Dec 20th, 2016, 8:41 pm
Wrencher Extraordinaire

Jean and I have been very happy with the Huntsville area. Tons of high tech here but none of the traffic like Atlanta or Austin. Most jobs are oriented to the Missile Defense Agency and the rest of Army Air and Missile Defense infrastructure. Several companies that employ people to support those areas that also have large internal IT requirements. This place is really booming. I am getting ready to down size my employment hours so I can get more riding in as I am already 20 years into my second career. 47 years is long enough to work full time.

John
2009 K1300GT Red Rocket
2009 R1200GS (Gone)
2005 K1200LT Ocean Blue Blue Wizard 110 K and counting...
2006 Bushtec Turbo+2 Spell
2004 330 Ci Convertable
K4AN

Have ridden a Motorcycle in all 48
But lack DE, MA, RI and CT with the 2005 LT

post #18 of 39 Old Dec 21st, 2016, 2:32 am
Lifetime Supporter

Gilles - Huntsville is a nice area - my wife's niece lives next door in Madison and just got her real estate license and should be happy to help you out. Other than the employment situation, I hope all is well with you and Kathy!

Dave Beck
'16 K1600GTLE
'07 K1200LT (sold 9/24/16)
'74 Suzuki GT750L (long, long gone)

post #19 of 39 Old Dec 21st, 2016, 6:59 am

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy_gg View Post
Snellville is still fairly convenient to Norcross: Stone Mountain and Lithonia would be a bit of a stretch for me to commute; However, living in Stone Mountain gives you a head start when you want to head out for a pleasure ride as you would be on the outskirts and you would be riding in the opposite direction of rush hour traffic flow.

I forgot to mention Sandy Springs in my earlier post. Sandy Springs and Dunwoody are basically the same general area. Real estate can be pricey, but for convenience I don't think you can beat the location as it is central to most everything in the N. ATL area.

It all depends on your budget, where you work and how much commute time you want to bother with. Compared to San Francisco, LA, and DC, traffic in ATL isn't that bad now but it is getting worse. I would put it on a par with Dallas or Chicago.

As other posters have said, there are other great urban areas in the Southeast that do not have the traffic and bloat of metro Atlanta or Charlotte or Raleigh but give you great access to some of the best riding in the US: Birmingham, Huntsville, Greenville-Spartanburg, Asheville/Hendersonville, and the tri-cities area of Greensboro/Winston Salem/High Point are good too.

Current Bike: 2018 K1600B
Sold: 2014 R1200RT

Currently live in North Metro Atlanta (OTP)
post #20 of 39 Old Dec 21st, 2016, 3:16 pm

Quote:
Feel free to PM me if you don't want to post here.
Snellville is just a little south of Lawrenceville and your route into town would likely be Hwy 78. From what I hear, they got rid of the bi-directional suicide lanes on that road several years ago. Don't know much about it. I have heard Stone Mountain has gone down hill some in the last years as have parts of Duluth with Korean gang activity but I have never seen any of that myself. No info on Lithonia either. I have lived mainly North and North East with a short couple year loop through Columbus and Albany before moving back up North. Been in Sugar Hill for 20 years and like it here. Fairly short ride to great roads in N Ga and beyond.

Gordon
Sugar Hill, GA

post #21 of 39 Old Dec 21st, 2016, 4:12 pm

Garage

Quote:
Snellville is just a little south of Lawrenceville and your route into town would likely be Hwy 78. From what I hear, they got rid of the bi-directional suicide lanes on that road several years ago. Don't know much about it. I have heard Stone Mountain has gone down hill some in the last years as have parts of Duluth with Korean gang activity but I have never seen any of that myself. No info on Lithonia either. I have lived mainly North and North East with a short couple year loop through Columbus and Albany before moving back up North. Been in Sugar Hill for 20 years and like it here. Fairly short ride to great roads in N Ga and beyond.
You lived in Albany? Sorry man. I got nothing else for you on that.

2000 R1100RT
post #22 of 39 Old Dec 21st, 2016, 6:14 pm

Quote:
You lived in Albany? Sorry man. I got nothing else for you on that.
Yeah, it was in 96 and the highlight of the stay was seeing the Olympic torch come through and the celebration. As soon as it was over, people started stealing the street banners off the light polls which were supposed to be given to a special group of people. Closest I got to the Olympics was seeing the torch. Nothing else to say about Albany either.
Whiskey likes this.

Gordon
Sugar Hill, GA

post #23 of 39 Old Dec 21st, 2016, 7:29 pm

Garage

Quote:
Yeah, it was in 96 and the highlight of the stay was seeing the Olympic torch come through and the celebration. As soon as it was over, people started stealing the street banners off the light polls which were supposed to be given to a special group of people. Closest I got to the Olympics was seeing the torch. Nothing else to say about Albany either.
I was born and raised in Albany. Lived there until I graduated high school in 92 and couldn't get out fast enough. Joined the Air Force and begged them to send me anywhere but the Southeast US, so they gave me orders to Moody in Valdosta. Once my four years we up I ran to Cobb County and haven't looked back.
bmwcoolk1200 likes this.

2000 R1100RT
post #24 of 39 Old Feb 23rd, 2017, 9:16 pm Thread Starter

Finally decided to take the plunge, sell our house, and accepted an offer this evening.
So our scouting trip will need to happen in the next 2-3 weeks and find a rental home. We pretty much focused our search on Marietta-Roswell-Alpharetta for the time being.
The plan is for my wife to drive her car and for me to ride the RT and visit rental properties with a realtor. We will leave both vehicles at the rental, then fly home to pack up and have our stuff moved in early April. We will drive our remaining car from L.A. to ATL.
pkpr1998 and JNW003 like this.

Gilles & Kathy
BMWMOA# 154719
IBA# 71594
2011 Ostra Gray RT

post #25 of 39 Old Feb 23rd, 2017, 9:48 pm

Garage

Quote:
Finally decided to take the plunge, sell our house, and accepted an offer this evening.
So our scouting trip will need to happen in the next 2-3 weeks and find a rental home. We pretty much focused our search on Marietta-Roswell-Alpharetta for the time being.
The plan is for my wife to drive her car and for me to ride the RT and visit rental properties with a realtor. We will leave both vehicles at the rental, then fly home to pack up and have our stuff moved in early April. We will drive our remaining car from L.A. to ATL.
Good deal man. Safe travels. Maybe we can hook up for a ride sometime.
zippy_gg likes this.

2000 R1100RT
post #26 of 39 Old Feb 23rd, 2017, 10:40 pm

Quote:
Good luck you two. Will look forward to an RTE or two with you and Whiskey this summer. Also puts you in prime location for the Iron Horse weekends and some of the best riding in this country.
zippy_gg and Whiskey like this.

Gordon
Sugar Hill, GA

post #27 of 39 Old Feb 24th, 2017, 12:16 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Good deal man. Safe travels. Maybe we can hook up for a ride sometime.
you betcha!
Whiskey likes this.

Gilles & Kathy
BMWMOA# 154719
IBA# 71594
2011 Ostra Gray RT

post #28 of 39 Old Feb 24th, 2017, 12:17 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Good luck you two. Will look forward to an RTE or two with you and Whiskey this summer. Also puts you in prime location for the Iron Horse weekends and some of the best riding in this country.
You're on Gordon!
bmwcoolk1200 likes this.

Gilles & Kathy
BMWMOA# 154719
IBA# 71594
2011 Ostra Gray RT

post #29 of 39 Old Feb 27th, 2017, 6:49 pm
Wrencher Extraordinaire

Dang I would say the ATL traffic sucks big time but then I remembered what it was like in LA so you will not be disappointed.

Its just so not that here in the North Alabama area. Huntsville has NO traffic by comparison. But I am very happy that you and Kathy will be much closer.
pkpr1998 and zippy_gg like this.

John
2009 K1300GT Red Rocket
2009 R1200GS (Gone)
2005 K1200LT Ocean Blue Blue Wizard 110 K and counting...
2006 Bushtec Turbo+2 Spell
2004 330 Ci Convertable
K4AN

Have ridden a Motorcycle in all 48
But lack DE, MA, RI and CT with the 2005 LT

post #30 of 39 Old Feb 28th, 2017, 9:15 am

My vote would be for Alpharetta or Johns Creek. Close enough to the big city for refined entertainment (whatever that is) but more importantly an easy shot North to the foothills. In less than two hours you can be in Tennessee, North Carolina, Alabama, or South Carolina.
zippy_gg and bmwcoolk1200 like this.

Airwolf - 2018 K1600GTL (planned acquisition!)
2005 Charcoal LT - 48K
2003 Antracite LT - 76K
2001 R1200C 24K
1999 Honda Magna - 5K (RIP)
post #31 of 39 Old Feb 28th, 2017, 11:02 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Just remember, Gilles, no lane splitting back there....

Dave Beck
'16 K1600GTLE
'07 K1200LT (sold 9/24/16)
'74 Suzuki GT750L (long, long gone)

post #32 of 39 Old Mar 1st, 2017, 11:35 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNW003 View Post
Just remember, Gilles, no lane splitting back there....

Gilles & Kathy
BMWMOA# 154719
IBA# 71594
2011 Ostra Gray RT

post #33 of 39 Old Mar 2nd, 2017, 5:31 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruivis View Post
My vote would be for Alpharetta or Johns Creek. Close enough to the big city for refined entertainment (whatever that is) but more importantly an easy shot North to the foothills. In less than two hours you can be in Tennessee, North Carolina, Alabama, or South Carolina.
Well Gilles this will put you about an hour and a half away. We will have you speaking with a southern accent before too long!

We will for sure have to get together for dinner or lunch; an RTE could be in the makings.

Brett
2003 K1200LTC SOLD
2013 K1600GTL SOLD
2018 K1600GA SOLD
2019 K1600GA Blue

North Georgia

2005 CCR-Tetons
2006 CCR-Braselton
2008 CCR-Midway
2009 CCR-Rapid City
2011 CCR-Boise
2012 CCR-Duluth
2014 CCR-Chattanooga
2015 CCR-Coeur d 'Alene

post #34 of 39 Old Mar 3rd, 2017, 6:30 am

Stay out of Florida. My wife and I really like Eufaula, AL, but it's too distant to commute to the closest large cities (Montgomery, AL, the state capital, and Columbus, GA). I grew up in Mobile, AL, and it was a good place to be in the 50s-80s, but I understand things have changed since I left in 1994. Consider central or south Baldwin County, within commuting distance of Mobile and Pensacola, FL, and a good, clean, low-crime area.

Note: Not much good riding in coastal Gulf Coast states. Flat.
zippy_gg likes this.
post #35 of 39 Old Mar 16th, 2017, 8:22 pm Thread Starter

The best plans change, so we cancelled our scouting trip and will just leave California now that we have sold our house. We need to be gone by April 13th, so all our furniture will be in a POD - actually 2 Pods, and the classic car in my garage will be shipped.
The beauty is that we have not yet found a rental home...
If anyone knows of a good house with 3 bed and 2 bath minimum, and a nice size garage in the Marietta-Roswell-Alpharetta area please let me know!
bmwcoolk1200 likes this.

Gilles & Kathy
BMWMOA# 154719
IBA# 71594
2011 Ostra Gray RT

post #36 of 39 Old Mar 16th, 2017, 8:36 pm

Garage

Quote:
The best plans change, so we cancelled our scouting trip and will just leave California now that we have sold our house. We need to be gone by April 13th, so all our furniture will be in a POD - actually 2 Pods, and the classic car in my garage will be shipped.
The beauty is that we have not yet found a rental home...
If anyone knows of a good house with 3 bed and 2 bath minimum, and a nice size garage in the Marietta-Roswell-Alpharetta area please let me know!
Oh no! Now the homeless population has increased!

Sorry, no inside track for you, but there are plenty of rentals around here, you'll find something quick.
zippy_gg likes this.

2000 R1100RT
post #37 of 39 Old Apr 26th, 2017, 12:33 pm Thread Starter

We are now (almost) fully relocated to Acworth!
This evening I am flying back to LAX to get my RT that is at a friend's house and start the ride home in the morning. Not sure which route I will take this time.
Checking the weather along the way and hope I won't get into T-storms as I have in my 2nd trip with a fully loaded truck and car in tow.
Gruivis, hallzee and Whiskey like this.

Gilles & Kathy
BMWMOA# 154719
IBA# 71594
2011 Ostra Gray RT

post #38 of 39 Old Apr 26th, 2017, 4:39 pm

Garage

Quote:
We are now (almost) fully relocated to Acworth!
This evening I am flying back to LAX to get my RT that is at a friend's house and start the ride home in the morning. Not sure which route I will take this time.
Checking the weather along the way and hope I won't get into T-storms as I have in my 2nd trip with a fully loaded truck and car in tow.
Welcome to the neighborhood! Here's to some great riding weather. If you're interested, I'll let you know the next time we have a group ride. You'll enjoy the guys I ride with.

2000 R1100RT
post #39 of 39 Old May 15th, 2017, 5:31 pm Thread Starter

Looking forward to the next group ride.
Right now the front fairing and headlight assembly are off to replace a burnt HID capsule and position light: while I'm there I am also cleaning the oil cooler and possibly replacing my aging (and now anemic) Stebel horn.
bmwcoolk1200 and Whiskey like this.

Gilles & Kathy
BMWMOA# 154719
IBA# 71594
2011 Ostra Gray RT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in