Just lost a Friend - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old Nov 3rd, 2006, 5:39 pm Thread Starter

Just lost a Friend

Just lost a great dawg...best friend !

Solid brown one is Woody, been with me through thick and thin. Already missing him, just open the box with his ashes and tring to to keep it together while I decide where they go. Hard to imagine the kind of loss and heart ache from a dog....best friend!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 144.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	410.3 KB
ID:	8001  
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0006.JPG (503.7 KB, 39 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old Nov 3rd, 2006, 5:41 pm

Condolences. Looked like a tough little mut.

Brian
Fanwood, NJ
2003 K1200LT Anthracite

"Explain it to me once more: WHY do I have to "Press 1 for English"
post #3 of 17 Old Nov 3rd, 2006, 6:45 pm
Hog

Sorry for your loss Rick. We lost our little Yorky Sparky not to long ago,I still think of him alot. It's like losing a Child. Dave

post #4 of 17 Old Nov 3rd, 2006, 6:55 pm

I lost my little miniature pincher 3 months ago. She was 2 months shy of her 16th birthday, and was full of life until the end. She had a couple of strokes and passed away in her sleep. That dog adored me, and was the best friend I ever had. I took her hunting(she was a mean little quail dog, she would flush those birdies out anywhere), shooting, camping, she rode on the ATV, jetski, and I even strapped her crate to the back of my ZX11. She went with me on business trips, and flew all over the US. She loved to crawl underneath the covers, and sleep cuddled up to me. Never thought I could love a dog so much, little Stella was spoiled rotten, but she was a little trooper.

Current rides:
2003 BMW 1200 LT (bought in 2006)

Past rides:
97 Kawasaki ZX11(bought new in 1997, sadly sold in September 2014)
89 Honda Hurricane (sold)
88 Honda Hurricane (traded on an SUV)
86 Kawasaki 1000R (stolen but recovered)
84 Honda 750F (traded on 1000R)
81 Suzuki GSX1100 (sold)
78 Suzuki GS750 (traded on GSX1100)
74 Yamaha RD50 (sold)
post #5 of 17 Old Nov 3rd, 2006, 6:58 pm

Unhappy Only someone who lost a dog friend will understand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosmo

Solid brown one is Woody, been with me through thick and thin. Already missing him, just open the box with his ashes and tring to to keep it together while I decide where they go. Hard to imagine the kind of loss and heart ache from a dog....best friend!
Kosmo,
The first of my dogs died 11 years ago; she was very social and skilled -- played ball by catching anything you could lob within 8 feet of where she was standing. More impressive, she litterally threw the ball back, never missing one's lap! I did not know how attached we were until he died. I had to take 3 days vacation to compose myself. I've never grieved more than I did for her.

Sorry for your loss! Don't ride when your feeling really sad -- you're significantly more at risk of getting into an accident.

Regards,
John
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2000 K1200 LTC - Canyon Red
post #6 of 17 Old Nov 3rd, 2006, 7:01 pm

Heartfelt

Very sorry about your friend. I lost a friend named Buddy, cryed real hard.
Hang in there

Marc Pillis- MSF Rider Coach
Union, Kentucky
2005 LT
2004 R1150GS Adventure
2013 DR650
post #7 of 17 Old Nov 3rd, 2006, 7:19 pm

Really sorry to hear of your loss.
I lost my King Chow, Bear, three years ago. Still miss him today. Fact is his photo is right next to my monitor.
Regarding the ashes I was the same, even more so. I could not make up my mind what to do with them so I kept them. I have really nice wooden box & he resides in the house to this day.
Don't grieve for him just cherish every memory you have.
Mike
post #8 of 17 Old Nov 3rd, 2006, 7:21 pm

Kosmo,

Sorry for your loss. Only someone who has had a very special dog as a great friend knows what you're going through.

We lost our black lab a few years ago, and when the two varmints we have now are gone we'll miss them greatly. Don't even want to think about that time. I may take some flack for posting this photo but it was taken and emailed to me when I was working out of state last year.

Take care.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	8007  

Howard Schisler
2015 BMW K1600GTL
2009 BMW K1200LT - 60k miles
2012 BMW F650GS (sold)
2005 BMW K1200LT - "Gray Ghost", traded at 120k miles
2005 Honda Shadow 650 (sold)
AMA, IBA, BMW MOA. CCRs: Braselton 2006, Osage Beach 2007, Duluth 2012

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[/URL]
post #9 of 17 Old Nov 3rd, 2006, 8:08 pm

I know its easy to say don't grieve, but take comfort in the fact that you gave him a very good life and had some great times together. Death is a part of life, after all.

The hardest thing I ever had to do was say goodbye to my German Shepherd who was my K-9 partner as well as our family pet. The one that replaced him is himself now 13 1/2 and having a difficult time, can't always get himself up . I can see him having a hard time and still trying to maintain his dignity as he still tries to watch over the family. I think about his leaving us (probably sometime soon) each and every day.
post #10 of 17 Old Nov 3rd, 2006, 9:37 pm
Gold Supporter

You cared enough to share, so that tells me Woody had a great dad. I am so sorry for your loss. The worst part about sharing their lives is they go so quick. Some times it helps just to know that someone else cares as much about pets as you do. I am one of those people.

Jerry
Look in the wolf's eyes and what do you see--A guardian spirit or fierce enemy?
2008 FLHTCU White Pearl

post #11 of 17 Old Nov 3rd, 2006, 9:57 pm

Please accept our condolences. Darn furry critters become a part of us, and a part of our family. It's a tough thing when they leave us.

We will keep you and your family in our prayers.
post #12 of 17 Old Nov 4th, 2006, 8:00 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosmo

He was small yet hardy and true ,
This little friend of mine.
No, more than friend,my child,
This small and furry soul.
But time had taken its due,
And on our health does dine,
And thus it wore down this spirit mild,
Until he was no longer whole.
While many will say he was but a dog,
I will counter clear he was much more,
And his loss takes away joy,
And his loss alters the course of mine.
And in this warped and alien fog,
Where my heart is rended to the core,
I find that I cannot employ,
All that would make it fine.
Lost my dear friend,
Lost my kindred soul,
Lost my close abiding one,
And now to other end,
To other places dole,
Another place begun.
Farewell to you my little chum,
Farewell to all those byegone days,
And may you find a peace in some,
Where past this existence lays.
post #13 of 17 Old Nov 4th, 2006, 8:30 am

I understand
When my dad died, thats the natural way of things
When my mom died, it was her time
When my supposed soulmate left, Oh Well
But when my dog died, I balled my eyes out.
Have an 8" Portrait of him tattooed on my left arm.
The Brass info tag from his collar is rivited onto my PanHead
Life's firmest friend,
they love you for who you are, not what they want or expect you to be.
Rock
post #14 of 17 Old Nov 4th, 2006, 9:05 am

Tough times... looks like quite a dog! Remember... never forget them...

J.M.J...
Dcn Channing

post #15 of 17 Old Nov 5th, 2006, 9:11 am

Very sorry for the loss of Woody....
I know he was a great buddy..
RKO
post #16 of 17 Old Nov 5th, 2006, 10:37 am

I know the feelings you are experiencing, all too well. Check out this link for some different, but strangely comforting, thoughts.

http://rainbowsbridge.com/Poem.htm

Keep him alive in your heart. You will meet again.

Jay Slomka
Johnson City, TN

Y2K LT Champagne Class Act

BMWMOA, AMA, IBA
post #17 of 17 Old Nov 12th, 2006, 9:52 am Thread Starter

I can't tell you all how I feel about the support and stories of those just as affected by the loss of a loved one. It's been a rough emotional road the past few weeks but the good memories have almost replaced the bad.

Woody started out as the runt and actually needed a little dawg CPR at birth, just a little kick start for the brown boy. He finally got to come home and meet his "older brother" Buzzy a 15 lb. siamese cat. Buzz would hold Woody down and give him a good ole cat cleaning, funny watching this huge cat mother this loud little dog was just a hoot. Woody would have the fun of learning to chase cats from Buzz, he would just take a few steps in front of him and ( Woody barley 1 lb.) laying down waiting for Woody to hop through the grass, this would go on for what seemed like hours. Woody would sit down for a rest or head for the house and brother Buzz would not leave his side even for a moment. Woody had over stepped his wisdom and tried to chase a pack of big dogs out of the yard, ( he was 3 years old ) when they chased his ass under the front porch. Buzz was laying in the rocking chair and before I could do anything he had jumped on the lead dog, ( a German Shepard ) and bronco rode his ass across the street screaming like he was dieing. It was the funniest thing ever and from then on the big dogs would sit on the other side of the road..Woody barking defending his yard and all the time Buzz was watching from the rocking chair. Soon after the SO and myself parted ways and I took Woody to live with me in one of my rental houses, ( in da hood ) while I did some updating. I had gutted the kitchen, removed the furnace, heating only with a kerosene heater, sleeping bag and air mattress for a bed, but yet I still had Woody with me and we were pretty happy. I had fenced in the yard, cut in a dog door for him to have full run of the place. I finally got back some of my furniture, half the kitchen was finished, new gas furnace installed, then I ruptured a disk lower lumber and had to have surgery. Meantime the SO wanted closure and was forcing the separation papers on me, but I still had my good friend Woody. Even though I was in da hood,( only white guy in a 15 block section, drug traffic ) lumbar surgery successful, going through a divorce, life was getting better. My neighbors, ( we were on the upper part of the bad side ) were great and I owe a lot to one who took me in as one of her own. We still have coffee together out on the front porch. While we were here I adopted Woody's nephew Turtle. Woody being the only dog was pretty pissed but soon they really became best buddies. Since those days I had moved in a neighborhood just 5 minutes walking from family, brother Tommy and his young'uns. Woody has had one good life and I can't help but feel better on how he lived. We had moved around quite abit and he really didn't mind as long as we were together. Before Woody passed we had been bringing Biscut, ( Turtle's brother ) down and they would keep each other company while Woody was... not in the best of moods to play. I did send some of his ashes out to the X so she could spread them out with Buzzy's....now they'll be together.

Again thanks for the support and listening to a story about Woody !

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in