Paging Mark! - got yer message no tele GS? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old Sep 23rd, 2006, 6:26 am Thread Starter

Paging Mark! - got yer message no tele GS?

hows that new gs doing? does your lt miss you yet?

give me ahoiller or e-mail me your tele again

God i got to get a phone book!

Tom

Tom

'07 GS Adv (mine), '06 GS <(My brides)
(the only bmw's in the stable)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old Oct 8th, 2006, 10:34 pm

Paging Tom!

Tom,

I'm glad I ran into you at BMW Atlanta. It was good to see you again. The GS is doing great. Put nearly 400 miles on her this weekend. I'm going to miss the LT in the winter... nothing beats that bike for cold weather riding!

We need to hook up for a ride.

Marc

Marc
2012 White R1200 GS
2006 Gray BMW R1200GS (retired)
2003 Black BMW K1200LT (retired)
post #3 of 5 Old Oct 9th, 2006, 7:21 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcf
Tom,

I'm glad I ran into you at BMW Atlanta. It was good to see you again. The GS is doing great. Put nearly 400 miles on her this weekend. I'm going to miss the LT in the winter... nothing beats that bike for cold weather riding!

We need to hook up for a ride.

Marc
yup good to see you as well, and don;t let anyone give you are hard time for having two GS a REd one and a grey one <g>

you won't miss the LT, get the small side wings (about 60 bucks or so) and when I get the paniers done I'll let ya know, in fact if ya like to come up soon and be part of the process (more idea are alway's great)

beisdes up here, heated clothing is a must (for a FL boy anyhow)

we ran to FL and back this weekend, Karen really likes the GS better than her RT now, I will say it does not get as good of mileage as i was hoping, it is as low as the LT oon the highway where her '02 R1150RT was a little better than our LT

Tom

post #4 of 5 Old Oct 9th, 2006, 7:58 pm

Tom - yeah I think I'll go with red 6 months and grey 6 months. May go for yellow and blue in 2008... haha.

I'll probably get the side wings to help with winter riding as the LT has me spoiled in cold weather.

Speaking of riding, if you're around next weekend let's try to hook up on Sunday for a ride. I put a couple of hundred miles on the GS this past Saturday up in your neck of the woods. Rode up with Darcy Bastos who's also on this forum. He had an LT but now rides a K1200S.

Sounds like Karen's putting on the miles - NJ and FL and the bike's not even 2 months old.

I've been averaging 45 miles per gallon out of the GS which is about 5 more than I got out of the LT. That's in mixed riding (commuting on side streets, some GA400, some North GA mountain roads, etc). No complaints here. However, what I'm saving on gas I'm spending on oil! She drinks more oil than gas.

See you around,
Marc

Marc
2012 White R1200 GS
2006 Gray BMW R1200GS (retired)
2003 Black BMW K1200LT (retired)
post #5 of 5 Old Oct 10th, 2006, 7:20 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcf
Tom - yeah I think I'll go with red 6 months and grey 6 months. May go for yellow and blue in 2008... haha.

I'll probably get the side wings to help with winter riding as the LT has me spoiled in cold weather.
Karens came in UI'm going there today top pic them up and get them opn as the temps are dropping quick up here!

Quote:
Speaking of riding, if you're around next weekend let's try to hook up on Sunday for a ride. I put a couple of hundred miles on the GS this past Saturday up in your neck of the woods. Rode up with Darcy Bastos who's also on this forum. He had an LT but now rides a K1200S.
I don't think we will be around, last weekend of the mileage contest ya know and Steve is going to beat me if I don;t get about 5000 more miles this week!
<grin>

Quote:
Sounds like Karen's putting on the miles - NJ and FL and the bike's not even 2 months old.

I've been averaging 45 miles per gallon out of the GS which is about 5 more than I got out of the LT. That's in mixed riding (commuting on side streets, some GA400, some North GA mountain roads, etc). No complaints here. However, what I'm saving on gas I'm spending on oil! She drinks more oil than gas.

See you around,
Marc

bwhahahahah wait till you run Higway sppeds for any distance, the mileage drops drastically! 170 -180 miles and it's empty! i ran her to taking 5.3 gl of gas a couple times (she misses her fuel cell and the 6.6 gl tank on the RT)

thebike has 4600 miles on it when we got back this weekend, plus she has been riding to work, Today was some deal going on, if you rode a bicylce or car pooled you get some gift, well she wrote them and said what about motorcycles since they are well better than double the mileage than a normal automobile , so she is making a point riding her bike today <g>

Tom

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in