Toosy's is closed - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old Oct 22nd, 2005, 8:20 pm Thread Starter

Toosy's is closed

Toosy's Way Station, about 5 miles south of Dahlonega, GA, near the end of GA 400. A popular meeting place for riders heading to the northeast GA mountains. Now closed - permanently out of business. Big parking lot - still a good meeting place.

The gal who runs the "She Rides Active Wear" store next door to Toosy's is still there - had a nice 1/2 hour chat with her a few days ago. When I told her that Sharon and I were heading to TWO for a hamburger lunch, she said that TWO does not serve lunch during the week. She was correct. We continued on to Hiawassee for lunch. Missing a TWO hamburger lunch was the only disappointment during our 2 day ride in the northeast GA mountains.

- Bob

Cowboy Bob Menton
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Greenville SC USA
'07 K1200GT, '69 R60US (mint!)
'83 R80S (nee '83 R80RT)
"You can never escape the FOG (Fast Old Guys)"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old Oct 23rd, 2005, 6:40 am

Well, I can't say that I miss Toosy's as it wasn't much of a place to stop at anyway. The menu was VERY limited and the building itself was kind of queer.

TWO on the otherhand is kind of neet, food was pretty good and you gotta like the atmosphere!

If you ever sneak over the border to Murphy and ya' like BBQ, you gotta stop in at Herb's BBQ on Highway 64 at the 4 milepost. (they are 4 miles into NC coming from Ocoee region)

Brett
2003 K1200LTC SOLD
2013 K1600GTL SOLD
2018 K1600GA SOLD
2019 K1600GA Blue

North Georgia

2005 CCR-Tetons
2006 CCR-Braselton
2008 CCR-Midway
2009 CCR-Rapid City
2011 CCR-Boise
2012 CCR-Duluth
2014 CCR-Chattanooga
2015 CCR-Coeur d 'Alene

post #3 of 13 Old Oct 23rd, 2005, 8:00 am

I have to agree with Brett on this. I kept hearing and reading about Toosy's before I went the first time, and I must say I was underwhelmed by the place. I almost wish I hadn't gone out of my way to find it. Mostly Harley stuff anyway. On the other hand, I guess if you're coming from Atlanta it is a good place to meet. Besides, I don't like to see anybody lose their shirt in a business endeavor.

Al Hennigan
'03 Anthracite LTE
'09 GS Adventure
Middle Tennessee

Last edited by Ranger6; Oct 23rd, 2005 at 11:36 am.

post #4 of 13 Old Oct 24th, 2005, 5:42 am

When they closed the sandwich shop (I think well over a year ago now) it seemed the bussiness dropped drastically. heck that was the only reason to stop there unless you were shopping for a bike.

Tom

'07 GS Adv (mine), '06 GS <(My brides)
(the only bmw's in the stable)
post #5 of 13 Old Oct 24th, 2005, 5:48 am

As with Al, the write-ups made Toosy's "a must" stop! Went out of my way the first time, and it was my last.

Brett
2003 K1200LTC SOLD
2013 K1600GTL SOLD
2018 K1600GA SOLD
2019 K1600GA Blue

North Georgia

2005 CCR-Tetons
2006 CCR-Braselton
2008 CCR-Midway
2009 CCR-Rapid City
2011 CCR-Boise
2012 CCR-Duluth
2014 CCR-Chattanooga
2015 CCR-Coeur d 'Alene

post #6 of 13 Old Oct 24th, 2005, 6:51 am

What was funny actually, it was right after the write ups when the closed the sandwich shop..... All it takes is money to make a go of something <g>

Tom

post #7 of 13 Old Oct 24th, 2005, 9:35 am

Meeting Place

I have been stoping by Tootsie's for over a year now. When David was there running the place (you knew because his ST1100 would be up front) it was always a pleasure to stop, specially because he "hated" Harleys..LOL it was funny to hear him talk about it. I gave him plenty of business buying helmets, a GIVI v46 bag for my V-Strom and numerous small bits. Once he cleared out, reasons unknown, things kind went down pretty much, it was a matter of time. In terms of a meeting place is one of the bests as from there you have 3 different directions you ride too based on what you want to do that day, when your friends are scattered all over ATL meeting there just makes it easier.

In the other hand "She Rides Active Wear" is expensive and I think at least 60% of their business came from people that stopped there because of Tootsie's. So they need to watch. Everything you see in there is cheaper elsewhere.

For someone with money to spend and a bit of business saviness......that place has potential, not just for bikers but everyone passing by on the way to the mountains.

Darcy Bastos
2007 FJR1300
2007 Ducati GT1000 Sport Classic
Atlanta, GA
post #8 of 13 Old Oct 24th, 2005, 10:29 am

they were on the way down way before david left (who happens to be a friend of mine) winters can break you up here. I only live about 7 miles from there. David now has a week day job. no more weekends, which I miss cause i have alway;s been able to take monday and go riding with him

Tom

post #9 of 13 Old Oct 24th, 2005, 12:21 pm

Say Hello

Well tmgs if you see him tell him Darcy Bastos bimmer guy says hello. He will know who I am I hope. Tell him I am finally at an LT after my RT.

Thanks

Darcy Bastos
2007 FJR1300
2007 Ducati GT1000 Sport Classic
Atlanta, GA
post #10 of 13 Old Oct 24th, 2005, 5:30 pm

Dave, you don't like the food at the CROT? What did ya' have, bread and water?

Their food is ok, but like you said the Ironhorse food is worth the second trip. BTW, Tapoco Lodge food is worth a second, third........time!

Hope to see you this weekend; don't bring the chump (in mean chomp) with you!

Brett
2003 K1200LTC SOLD
2013 K1600GTL SOLD
2018 K1600GA SOLD
2019 K1600GA Blue

North Georgia

2005 CCR-Tetons
2006 CCR-Braselton
2008 CCR-Midway
2009 CCR-Rapid City
2011 CCR-Boise
2012 CCR-Duluth
2014 CCR-Chattanooga
2015 CCR-Coeur d 'Alene

post #11 of 13 Old Oct 25th, 2005, 6:36 pm

Smile

Well you should have just gone on over to Turner's Corner on Hwy 129. I can truly say their burger is better than TWO's. In fact, it is almost a toss up between it and the one at Tiger, Ga.

John Carver
K1200LTC, AMA, BMWMOA
Greensboro, GA

post #12 of 13 Old Oct 25th, 2005, 7:08 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCarver
Well you should have just gone on over to Turner's Corner on Hwy 129. I can truly say their burger is better than TWO's. In fact, it is almost a toss up between it and the one at Tiger, Ga.

I honestly like TWO's burger better than turners corners burgers, however turners corner has great food, TWO is still open and doing great.

BTW TWO (two wheels only) is not Toosy's, (which Toosys is what we were talking about,
Toosys was at the end of 400 they used to have a small kitchen that had decent breakfast sandwiches and some lunnh sandwichs

Tom

post #13 of 13 Old Oct 25th, 2005, 7:11 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDB
Well tmgs if you see him tell him Darcy Bastos bimmer guy says hello. He will know who I am I hope. Tell him I am finally at an LT after my RT.

Thanks
Will do Darcy, I talked to him today in fact

Tom

Tom

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in