RTE .... Sat Oct 28 .... Pisgah Inn ...BRP - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old Sep 12th, 2006, 9:40 am Thread Starter

RTE .... Sat Oct 28 .... Pisgah Inn ...BRP

There will be a ride to meet and eat at High NOON, Pisgah Inn Saturday Oct 28, 2006 on the Blue Ridge Parkway... Link below.... This is the same weekend that a large group of us will be at Ironhorse Lodge as well... (www.ironhorsenc.com) also.

Join us for lunch on the Parkway, then maybe after lunch those that want to head to Maggie Valley to make visit to Wheels throught time Museum http://www.wheelsthroughtime.com/

Pisgah Inn link
http://www.pisgahinn.com/dining_and_...facilities.htm

Don G Norwood
11 R1200GSA w/DMC sidecar Radio Flyer IV
2015 G650GS, 1998 1200 C

"Oh Lord I pray, Just let me live long enough to do everything they say I have done"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old Oct 5th, 2006, 3:38 pm

Question

Wife and I are thinking about driving up to Pisgah Inn on Oct. 28th. Are you trying to get a body count or is it just show up and meet everyone type of thing?

May we never find the end of the road!

Perry Ridgway

oknplm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaLT
There will be a ride to meet and eat at High NOON, Pisgah Inn Saturday Oct 28, 2006 on the Blue Ridge Parkway... Link below.... This is the same weekend that a large group of us will be at Ironhorse Lodge as well... (www.ironhorsenc.com) also.

Join us for lunch on the Parkway, then maybe after lunch those that want to head to Maggie Valley to make visit to Wheels throught time Museum http://www.wheelsthroughtime.com/

Pisgah Inn link
http://www.pisgahinn.com/dining_and_...facilities.htm
post #3 of 14 Old Oct 5th, 2006, 4:19 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by oknplm
Wife and I are thinking about driving up to Pisgah Inn on Oct. 28th. Are you trying to get a body count or is it just show up and meet everyone type of thing?

May we never find the end of the road!

Perry Ridgway

oknplm
Hey Perry,

I was unable to reserve a dining room and we'll order from menu, so just show up, we arrive between 10:45 and noon.. everybody will just ride there own ride from Ironhorse Saturday morning and meet at Pisgah Inn....

Hope to see you there!

I will need a head count for the Friday noon "Chuckwagon" ride to Bald River Falls and for night meals at Ironhorse...for those of you that haven't posted, please do so on the other threads... thanks..

Don G Norwood
2015 G650GS, 1998 1200 C

"Oh Lord I pray, Just let me live long enough to do everything they say I have done"

post #4 of 14 Old Oct 7th, 2006, 1:16 pm

Pisgah Inn

Hey Don,

Count me in on the ride to Pisgah Inn. Look forward to another great time.

Hank
post #5 of 14 Old Oct 28th, 2006, 9:19 pm

We had a good time at lunch today. It started out looking like it was going to be a miserable day as seen in the first picture @ 3100 feet and 33 degrees. About ten minutes later we were in clear skies and temperatures rising. The peak with the tower on it is Mt Pisgah, the highest point in North Carolina and the other 2 were taken from the back deck at the restaurant. We started out with 17 folks being on-site for lunch with 13 being from the Iron Horse and 4 others joining us from farther east. We had 4 more come in after about 40 minutes after we were seated. The last picture is our little group stopping for gas on our return.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pisgah_01.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	7839   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pisgah_02.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	7840   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pisgah_03.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	130.4 KB
ID:	7841   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pisgah_04.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	123.6 KB
ID:	7842   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pisgah_05.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	7843  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pisgah_06.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	7844   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pisgah_07.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	107.8 KB
ID:	7845   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pisgah_08.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	121.4 KB
ID:	7846  

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'02 LTE - Red-blooded Dragonfly
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg
'01 LTC - Flying Purple People Eater (Ya gotta be old enough to understand)(RIP)
'00 LTC - Canyon Red Rover (RIP)

Have you
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bmwlt.com lately????

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"To not know me is to lose nothing, to not know Him is to lose everything."
post #6 of 14 Old Oct 28th, 2006, 10:31 pm

Gotta correct Steve on one point: Mt. Pisgah is NOT the highest point in NC; Mt. Mitchell is. In fact, Mt. Mitchell (just off the BRP north of Asheville) is the highest point in the USA east of the Mississippi River; it's a few hundred feet higher than Mt. Washington in NH.

Mt. Mitchell's altitude is 6,684 ft. - you folks in Colorado can laugh now.

- Bob

Cowboy Bob Menton

Greenville SC USA
'07 K1200GT, '69 R60US (mint!)
'83 R80S (nee '83 R80RT)
"You can never escape the FOG (Fast Old Guys)"
post #7 of 14 Old Oct 29th, 2006, 11:28 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob_menton
Mt. Mitchell's altitude is 6,684 ft. - you folks in Colorado can laugh now.

- Bob
Nice pictures, we were just up there a couple of weeks ago and already I want to go back.

I see a lot of old fat guys in those pics, I'd have fit right in

Y'all want a laugh, I'm at the highest point in St. Petersburg, @ 27ft

Hans
St. Petersburg FL

2002 K1200LTE
"Silver Buffalo" Totaled 5/06
2005 LT
"Esperanza"
BushtecGenesisTrailer
"Our preferred long distance carrier"

post #8 of 14 Old Oct 29th, 2006, 4:41 pm

Thanks for the correction Bob. Where were you at lunch yesterday?

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg
'01 LTC - Flying Purple People Eater (Ya gotta be old enough to understand)(RIP)

Have you
bmwlt.com lately????

post #9 of 14 Old Oct 29th, 2006, 8:18 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_R
Thanks for the correction Bob. Where were you at lunch yesterday?
At the Iron Horse campground, warm and dry, enjoying good companionship. Took a great ride today - weather was superb!

You sure you enjoyed temps of 34F, with rain, fog and wet slippery leaves, as much as we enjoyed today's sunny, warm ride on Wayah Road ???

- Bob

Cowboy Bob Menton

Greenville SC USA
'07 K1200GT, '69 R60US (mint!)
'83 R80S (nee '83 R80RT)
"You can never escape the FOG (Fast Old Guys)"
post #10 of 14 Old Oct 30th, 2006, 5:40 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob_menton
At the Iron Horse campground, warm and dry, enjoying good companionship. Took a great ride today - weather was superb!

You sure you enjoyed temps of 34F, with rain, fog and wet slippery leaves, as much as we enjoyed today's sunny, warm ride on Wayah Road ???

- Bob
In actuality Bob, my only problem up to Mt Pisgah was the when the fog got real dense. I was toasty warm, without Gerbings, and I trust the bike and tires just a hair more in the wet with leaves. After the weather started clearing it was great except for the wind and that's a pain anytime.

And I rode Wayah Road out on the way home. Got some pictures that I'll off load from the camera later. Dave Dragon will be proud!!

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg

Have you
bmwlt.com lately????

post #11 of 14 Old Oct 30th, 2006, 8:18 am Thread Starter

2007 Weekends

The return to Ironhorse was a great weekend event, despite the rain and cold temps, some adjusted better than others.

A few are still at Ironhorse enjoying some Sunshine and lot better temps and of course good riding...

John and Charlene and staff again where great hosts!!

I enjoyed seeing everyone again, maybe we didn't ride that must, but I enjoyed the movies, The Fastest Indian and The Long Way Around... and the fellowship as well... The Sunday morning biker church was well attended as also.

Now for 2007....

Same weekend in April (third full weekend) April 19, 20, 21,

We moving a week earlier in October 2007, (3rd weekend) Oct. 18, 19, 20.

With group blocks of rooms....all rooms that are not rented four months from the event dates are released to others....

The April gathering... We need someone to step up and take charge of that weekend and whatever events, seminars, sesssions and other planning. I have block the lodge and rooms in advance. So if we want to have a Spring Training Camp as such...please start your planning and begin a thread.

October 2007... I will volunteer to coordinate that weekend.

Don G Norwood
2015 G650GS, 1998 1200 C

post #12 of 14 Old Oct 30th, 2006, 8:35 am

Great as usual to meet more new faces.

As a mind excersise that I tend to need more and more all the time, it was nice to meet these new faces in order of appearance - Jesse and Barbara, Doug, Steve, Brett, and Dave.

Nice to see others I met at CCR including, Don, Jay and Gilda, and....

Joe is everywhere!

Lunch was great and our waitress did a fine job.

Sounds like everyone had safe rides. Sorry Judy and I weren't able to ride with the group, The Biltmore was calling and a good time was had there as well with good live music and all.

Everyone have a safe winter and we'll probably see ya next spring.

John

2004 - LT - Anthracite
post #13 of 14 Old Oct 30th, 2006, 4:22 pm

Thumbs up

Had a great time folks...a REALLY great time!!! Riding Saturday, Sunday, and home on Monday was just awesome!
post #14 of 14 Old Oct 31st, 2006, 5:45 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowlesj
Great as usual to meet more new faces.

As a mind excersise that I tend to need more and more all the time, it was nice to meet these new faces in order of appearance - Jesse and Barbara, Doug, Steve, Brett, and Dave.

Nice to see others I met at CCR including, Don, Jay and Gilda, and....

Joe is everywhere!

Lunch was great and our waitress did a fine job.

Sounds like everyone had safe rides. Sorry Judy and I weren't able to ride with the group, The Biltmore was calling and a good time was had there as well with good live music and all.

Everyone have a safe winter and we'll probably see ya next spring.
Good seeing you folks again and thanks again for getting us the reserved seating...

Don G Norwood
2015 G650GS, 1998 1200 C

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in