Blue Moon Cycle no longer selling new bikes? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old Aug 6th, 2015, 12:45 pm Thread Starter

Blue Moon Cycle no longer selling new bikes?

A friend called to tell me he had stopped by Blue Moon Cycle and found out they are shipping out all their unsold new bikes. Not sure if they are still going to be servicing bikes. But the plan is to transition to a museum and focus on vintage bikes.

Can anyone confirm that?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Airwolf - 2018 K1600GTL (planned acquisition!)
2005 Charcoal LT - 48K
2003 Antracite LT - 76K
2001 R1200C 24K
1999 Honda Magna - 5K (RIP)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old Aug 6th, 2015, 1:16 pm

Re: Blue Moon Cycle no longer selling new bikes?

I can confirm that. Their new shop will be in Buford GA and according to their phone message, will be called BMW Buford. I live up there but I haven't found any information on where the new shop will be located. Opening first week in August so it should be either open or very close to open by now. Question is, where. I needed some parts so I had to go to Marietta where I found the parts guy from Blue Moon now working. Hope I can find it soon as driving from Buford to Marietta is a pain any time of the week.

Gordon
Sugar Hill, GA
2001 K1200LTI Champagne (current ride) Lazy Susan
1998 R1100RT Never should have sold it
1974 Yamaha TX 750 Twin. Omni Phase Balanced

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 13 Old Aug 17th, 2015, 11:45 am

the place is called hourglass cycles. said to be open in SEP. I need to replace my clutch, so I am excited as it will be on the way home, so I can get small parts, but fear they will be longer than sep to have stock I need. the website is Hourglass Cycles in Buford, Georgia | MV Agusta, BMW, Triumph & URAL Motorcycle dealership close to Alpharetta & Cumming, GA. Motorcycle service & parts, too.

post #4 of 13 Old Aug 17th, 2015, 12:53 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzer View Post
the place is called hourglass cycles. said to be open in SEP. I need to replace my clutch, so I am excited as it will be on the way home, so I can get small parts, but fear they will be longer than sep to have stock I need. the website is Hourglass Cycles in Buford, Georgia | MV Agusta, BMW, Triumph & URAL Motorcycle dealership close to Alpharetta & Cumming, GA. Motorcycle service & parts, too.
Thanks for the link Panzer and welcome to the forum. What ride are you planning a clutch replacement on?

Gordon
Sugar Hill, GA

post #5 of 13 Old Aug 17th, 2015, 4:14 pm

thanks for the welcome. this is the first time I have ever posted to a forum. although I fell I have read most of the post on this site (tech stuff at least). it is a 2003 LTC I got a year+ ago. The clutch was not in great shape when I got it, and has not improved with age (8k mi). As this is mainly my winter bike I still have some time to work on the clutch, but I do want to get started soon.
post #6 of 13 Old Aug 18th, 2015, 7:43 am

Quote:
thanks for the welcome. this is the first time I have ever posted to a forum. although I fell I have read most of the post on this site (tech stuff at least). it is a 2003 LTC I got a year+ ago. The clutch was not in great shape when I got it, and has not improved with age (8k mi). As this is mainly my winter bike I still have some time to work on the clutch, but I do want to get started soon.
Have you checked beamer boneyard? They have a german made oil resistant clutch plate that I am going to buy and probably do my clutch over the winter even though it isn't slipping yet. I already have a new replacement clutch slave and plan on just doing everything while in there. The Viton O-ring, slave seal, output shaft seal and hopefully be done with it since i got mine with no papers. If I am going in that far, I am not leaving any old parts in the way as I don't want to have to go back in again any time soon.

Are you going to update anything else while you have it apart?

Gordon
Sugar Hill, GA

post #7 of 13 Old Aug 19th, 2015, 5:17 pm

oh yeah, the oil "proof" clutch is what i am planing on getting, but I might get it from the company's US source as well. I started a spread sheet of the parts needed, cost, and possible source based on some stuff i read from a couple of folks on this site. I don't totally believe the clutch is oil proof, but if the standard is porous then it would make sense a less porous would resist slippage after the surface layer is burned off, so I guess convinced enough to pay the extra $140. I will also be making the custom tools the guy in the video shows, so when I am done I will send you a PM to give them to you if you want them when I am done.

the only other thing I plan on doing is quick disconnect fittings for the fuel lines.

Aaron
Attached Files
File Type: pdf clutch parts.pdf (308.1 KB, 351 views)
post #8 of 13 Old Oct 20th, 2015, 8:00 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwcoolk1200 View Post
Have you checked beamer boneyard? They have a german made oil resistant clutch plate that I am going to buy and probably do my clutch over the winter even though it isn't slipping yet. I already have a new replacement clutch slave and plan on just doing everything while in there. The Viton O-ring, slave seal, output shaft seal and hopefully be done with it since i got mine with no papers. If I am going in that far, I am not leaving any old parts in the way as I don't want to have to go back in again any time soon.

Are you going to update anything else while you have it apart?
FYI they are having an open house at Hourglass this weekend. there is a BMW stunt guy scheduled.

bmwcoolk1200,
I have finished my clutch replacement, and wow it is a different machine. the clutch was far worse than I thought it was. anyway I am done with the tools if you want to use them. they are clutch alignment, main seal driver, shaft seal driver, and clutch housing lock bar.
Aaron

02 K1200LTC Black
post #9 of 13 Old Oct 20th, 2015, 9:45 pm

Quote:
FYI they are having an open house at Hourglass this weekend. there is a BMW stunt guy scheduled.

bmwcoolk1200,
I have finished my clutch replacement, and wow it is a different machine. the clutch was far worse than I thought it was. anyway I am done with the tools if you want to use them. they are clutch alignment, main seal driver, shaft seal driver, and clutch housing lock bar.
Aaron
Aaron, I just got the mailing of the grand opening. I will be batchin it this weekend and was thinking of riding up and checking things out. Are you going to be there and do you have a time you are planning on going? I will try and find you to say HI.

Gordon
Sugar Hill, GA

post #10 of 13 Old Oct 20th, 2015, 9:51 pm

Quote:
bmwcoolk1200,
Aaron
As far as the tools go, If you are close by, I may come borrow them when I get into mine this winter. Especially the main seal driver. Those can be a pain if not placed at the correct depth. Still collecting the pieces necessary to pull it apart and have a look, install new clutch parts and a Viton O-Ring and seals, drill weep holes, the whole bit. As long as you own them ( if you do) I may take you up on that offer.

Gordon
Sugar Hill, GA

post #11 of 13 Old Oct 21st, 2015, 10:36 am

Quote:
oh yeah, the oil "proof" clutch is what i am planing on getting, but I might get it from the company's US source as well. I started a spread sheet of the parts needed, cost, and possible source based on some stuff i read from a couple of folks on this site. I don't totally believe the clutch is oil proof, but if the standard is porous then it would make sense a less porous would resist slippage after the surface layer is burned off, so I guess convinced enough to pay the extra $140. I will also be making the custom tools the guy in the video shows, so when I am done I will send you a PM to give them to you if you want them when I am done.

the only other thing I plan on doing is quick disconnect fittings for the fuel lines.

Aaron
Just caught this post with the attached PDF. Printed it off so I know what to go looking for.

Gordon

Gordon
Sugar Hill, GA

post #12 of 13 Old Oct 21st, 2015, 7:35 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwcoolk1200 View Post
Just caught this post with the attached PDF. Printed it off so I know what to go looking for.

Gordon
sent PM, the list was very complete, but again it is just an amalgamation of others on this (the main lt) site.

02 K1200LTC Black
post #13 of 13 Old Oct 21st, 2015, 7:39 pm

Quote:
sent PM, the list was very complete, but again it is just an amalgamation of others on this (the main lt) site.
Great, will look for you there and also reply in kind to your PM.

Gordon
Sugar Hill, GA

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in