Originally Posted by SilverBuffalo
Well I called the lady at Iron Horse, told her the sad story about my broken beemer and asked her to cancel the cabin I had reserved for 2 nights.
She informed me that I will be charged for 1 night ($80)
unless she rents the cabin.
Now I would expect this if I had waited untill Friday the 28th at 4 pm.
That's pretty much the industry standard.
But I am giving her seven days notice and I think that's pretty harsh.
I had to cancel hotel reservations for last Monday and Tuesday night on Monday (no charge)
As a motorcycle "friendly" resort I guess they figure its my fault that BMW sold me a product with an inferior bearing.
Hopefully someone will rent the cabin, its not the money, its the principle.
But I think I'm getting an attitude toward Iron Horse
I too am very sorry that you will be unable to attend under your situation with the bike failure....
I blocked the entire lodge/cabins.. for our event, to help insure that our group attendees would have first choice at the lodge....therefore other folks not with our group are turned away...except camping space.. Maybe I should have released the block several weeks ago but I held the lodge for our attendees.
I will release the block of rooms at the lodge, then anyone can rent the room...that should help you rent your room... I am told that not a weekend has gone by without a complete sell out... so there is a very good chance your room will be rented and you will not be charged. It is the PEAK time for colors in the Smokies, so with the weather looking good... I will be surprised if that rooms is gone by tomorrow afternoon....
I do understand and support the lodge position, with only a 18 rooms to rent, and every weekend a sellout, all someone would have to do is call and reserve a weekend, then cancel if they couldn't make it.. I do appreciate you given them seven days notice.. also I have the lodge blocked for next year for LT STC... however I tried to block weekends over a year out and they are sold out over a year out...
Now to others reading this post, there are only two rooms or cabins remaining...if you can attend please make your reservation ASAP, the block will be released tomorrow.....