CCR Advice Needed - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old Aug 18th, 2006, 1:13 pm Thread Starter

Question CCR Advice Needed

Hi y'all

We will be riding in from western Canada and I'am looking for suggestions on a nice community to the northwest of Chateau Elan by an easy day's ride which we can call our home base for exploring the area. We don't have a great deal of time but would like to arrive a few days early and hopefully also stay a few extra days on our way home in order to explore the area - culture, food, scenery and of course nice roads. We prefer smaller communities off the interstate. If you know of a nice hotel/motel that you recommend, even better.

Thanks much,

Yiet
2007 R1200GSA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old Aug 18th, 2006, 2:05 pm

How far away do you want to be?We're in Aurora,Ky,near Ky Lake and the land between the lakes:LBL national rec. area.About 5-6 hrs from Chateau Elan.I have a nice guest house that isn't spoken for.Rich
post #3 of 6 Old Aug 18th, 2006, 3:00 pm Thread Starter

CCR Advice

Thanks. I sent you a PM.

Yiet
2007 R1200GSA

post #4 of 6 Old Aug 18th, 2006, 3:02 pm

Grove Park Inn in Asheville, NC is an easy days ride from Chateau Elan. Asheville is very close to the Blue Ridge Parkway.
post #5 of 6 Old Aug 18th, 2006, 11:08 pm Thread Starter

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by attaboy
Grove Park Inn in Asheville, NC is an easy days ride from Chateau Elan. Asheville is very close to the Blue Ridge Parkway.
Asheville is a little too far east for our planned route and the Grove Park Inn definitely seems over our budget, but thanks for the suggestion because the Blue Ridge is certainly on our agenda.

Yiet
2007 R1200GSA
post #6 of 6 Old Aug 19th, 2006, 11:22 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiet
Asheville is a little too far east for our planned route and the Grove Park Inn definitely seems over our budget, but thanks for the suggestion because the Blue Ridge is certainly on our agenda.
Another suggestion would be the Bryson City, Waynesville area of WNC, less than two hours from CCR, but in the middle of Blue Ridge Parkway, Deals Gap, Cherohala Skyway and great N. Georgia Riding...

There is a Motorcycle only lodge located near Bryson City, site of several gathering of LT guys and they have hosted our Spring Training Camp for past couple of years, plus they are sponsors of CCR this year and will be attending also... here is the link to Ironhorse Lodge... www.ironhorsenc.com

John and Charlene Powell are the owners, they own a LT as well...

Keep us posted on your wheraboust, maybe we can set up some personal tours in that area... or least some good information...

Later...

Don G Norwood
11 R1200GSA w/DMC sidecar Radio Flyer IV
2015 G650GS, 1998 1200 C

"Oh Lord I pray, Just let me live long enough to do everything they say I have done"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in